What will you name your character?

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Robby, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Isn't that actually "Lord Time" backwards ?

I do like the approach though. The name I currently use in RPGs is the reverse of the one I used in UO, though both are nonsense so don't spell any english words.

I will see you in-game, Mr. Lord, or Mr. Drol. Whichever. :)

Jivalax Azon and Time Lord like this.
  2. Adiun Tesserande

Adiun Tesserande Avatar

Hmmm. I wonder....

Time Lord likes this.
  3. zavb9lov

zavb9lov Avatar

My forum nick = my game nick = my surname

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Akeashar

Akeashar Avatar

I've used the same character name for the last... 18 years? (Holy cow, Ake's legal in Australia!) and developed the character of it over time. Used to use it for the male and female variants, but thanks to my SO I've now split the female into a whole other character. (She's far scarier than he is!)

But yes... people do steal other people's unique names. Its happened to me with at least three games. In the early days, a sys admin on a series of MU* stole it, then someone on Furcadia stole it (and some friends stomped on them), and several people on french WoW servers have stolen it. I mean... seriously. Odds of someone coming up with the same name? ><; Especially since one of the earliar people that I sent a 'stop using my name!' to came up with the excuse that they'd come up with it in a dream about samurai. ><;;;;

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I'll have my pker be Cant Cme so people will call me CC for the amount of blood I extract and the reference to cena is undeniable ;)

I'll have my crafter be called Icanhas Cheeseburger so everyone adores me and oohs and aahs when they "seez mah works from teh basementz of mai howsuh".

I'll have my rper called Noble BatSard so i could roleplay a guy that made a name for himself and wasn't born into his nobility.

I'll have my troll be named "HuAngry Hippo" for the obvious reasons.

Did I mention that these will actually all just be alts so I can max my crafting ;) Idk what I'll be honestly... I usually find silly names for my alts but my handle for the last, almost a decade, has been Violation so I'll likely try to snag that :)

Jivalax Azon and Time Lord like this.
  6. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

We are only allowed one character online sadly. I really hope they reverse that policy.

I will be playing Erik O'Connor.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  7. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

You can have as many characters as you have accounts. *winks*

8. Rasmenar

Rasmenar Avatar

Rasmenar (Last name hidden in case the game requires unique names). The Blade in the night, striking the wicked from the shadows they call home. Bringing justice to the unjust, avenging those without the strength to avenge themselves. Using the darkness as a weapon against itself.

Personally, I'll be co-running a guild with a long time friend and former UO compatriot of mine. I won't be accepting anyone with a silly or frivolous name into our ranks. If you don't take your character seriously, you're not playing the game for the same reasons as us, so we don't want to play with you.

Of Mice and Men, originally.

Akeashar likes this.
  9. FXguy

FXguy Avatar

For the Alpha/Beta, I am simply "FXguy", so that my friends can recognize me from the forums. When the game goes live, I will probably be "Lycanth" (the name I've played as The Avatar since Ultima IV), or "Sinister" (the name of my Counselor character from UO Chesapeake shard in 1997).

10. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

Daak Duhme

See what I did there? :p

Ragnabrock likes this.
  11. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

It always comes to me while creating the character. I'm like my own random generator. I will have to see what the character looks like first. I don't even know what gender....probably male since according to Richard "we are from earth, playing ourselves". I'm not sure how that fits into the ultimate RPG.

I grew tired of playing myself shortly after seeing other pen and paper players acting out their opposite sex characters. It was embarrassing at first to witness it. A hard core role player (these guys were) can pull off any character.

I guess playing ourselves is sort of a safety net...the games common theme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.