If I don't upgrade my account today..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by koyettsu, Apr 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koyettsu

koyettsu Avatar

Hey Everyone,
    I am a bit confused by something, I know the timer hits zero tomorrow and I am curious how this will impact my plans to upgrade to Knight status. Will I be able to do so tomorrow or will I be out of luck if I wait? I am waiting on a gift card to cover the costs of the upgrade but it won't be here for a couple of weeks. Should I wait for the gift card or bite the bullet and go out of pocket to ensure I get the level I want? Thanks in advance!

2. Adiun Tesserande

Adiun Tesserande Avatar

My suggestion is to start a payment plan today that will eventually push you to that level, but then pay it off in full when you get the card, thus preserving the price.

3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

You can upgrade, but at a higher price. The Founder price of Knight is $750 and the Benefactor price is $800. So if you don't upgrade today/tomorrow (not sure how the April 7th deadline works) you'll pay an additional $50.

If you sign up for a payment plan today, you'll still lock in the Founder price, even if it takes a while to make those payments.

4. koyettsu

koyettsu Avatar

Good call, I didn't even consider that, thanks a lot for the suggestion!

5. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

Check the math. I think you end up paying more with the payment plan than you do with the lump sum Benefactor price. I read in another there's an additional fee of $10/month with the payment plan.

NRaas likes this.
  6. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

$7 per month if you go from Founder to Knight. You pay $42 more with the pay per month plan, so you save $8 overall plus get the benefit of monthly payments.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

It's roughly the same. It's around 10% difference, and a 10% (not $10) charge for the payment plan. So really, if you can't pay it off now, just don't worry about it and upgrade at the higher price later. You will still get the same rewards.

8. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

It's roughly the same. It's around 10% difference, and a 10% (not $10) charge for the payment plan. So really, if you can't pay it off now, just don't worry about it and upgrade at the higher price later. You will still get the same rewards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.