So What's everyone playing until SotA release?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cymek, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cymek

Cymek Avatar

Looking at what's currently in the development pipe, I'm pretty sure I'll be spending my time in GW2 until the day Lord British opens the gates to our new world.

Now my challenge is resisting the urge to buy gems so I can save and upgrade my pledge :)

2. Owain

Owain Avatar

Darkfall: Unholy Wars

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Ultima Online. Plus as soon as Ultima Forever is released by EA, going to play that too. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  4. rschultzy80

rschultzy80 Avatar

Just replayed the original FO not too long ago and have been playing FO2 with mods such as sfall to clean up the bugs and enhance the game a bit

5. Grimkor

Grimkor Avatar

Tried to get back into SWtOR now that it is free to play, only to be reminded of its botched potential and driven away by the overwhelming amount of things that they charge you for.

I mostly have been playing Path of Exile to get my ARPG fix in, and Minecraft for the survival/creative sandbox feel...

6. rschultzy80

rschultzy80 Avatar

@Grinkor - Has PoE cleaned up their coding at all or are half the skills/spells still a lagfest? I only ask because last I played they were still releasing new content before making what some would consider a playable game.

7. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

This right now...

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/eador_masters_of_the_broken_world

Although I keep getting sucked into chat and haven't gotten far. Like Heroes of Might and Magic and Masters of Magic.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. cor2879

cor2879 Avatar

All this talk of SotA made me nostalgic for UO so I started playing it again about 3 weeks ago. So far having a blast :)

9. Saladid

Saladid Avatar

@Owain

You seem to also be of the old ways of UO. I have yet to try this darkfalls game yet sounds like a game i may like, all though looks like it may be total anarchy.

Anyway I could join up with you and show me around?

10. sathlin

sathlin Avatar

I'm dying for a good single player rpg.
    playing xcom, finishing bioshock infinite, might get the new dlc for dishonored, and still have torchlight 2 installed.

looking forward to neverwinter nights open beta on april 30.

11. smack

smack Avatar

Skyrim, Heart of the Swarm, Ni No Kuni, Strike Suit Zero, Slender: The Arrival...and way too much forum/chat.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Hai-Etlik Dragon

Hai-Etlik Dragon Avatar

RetroMUD, Minecraft, and Simutrans.

13. Cymek

Cymek Avatar

<cite>Tried to get back into SWtOR now that it is free to play, only to be reminded of its botched potential and driven away by the overwhelming amount of things that they charge you for</cite>

~~~~~~~~~~

I'm reminded daily of the potential every time I see the Darth Malgus statue sitting on my desk. I probably would have stuck with SWTOR if it wasn't for the broken game engine. The game ran so terribly bad and you would never have random encounters with people since they went out of their way to reduce player density with heavy instancing. Ilum of course was a slide show anytime more than 20 players were on screen. It wasn't forgiveable seeing the graphical fidelity was well below other cutting edge MMOs which ran fine on even on lower specced rigs.

There were other issues too, but the game engine was a big one for me.

14. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

@umbrae you and me both for Eador...you should get sucked in....

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Grimkor

Grimkor Avatar

@rschultzy80

Path of Exile gets better every patch. Many of the problematic effects that were causing much of the lag including ground effects, auras, loot on the ground and many of the projectiles have been cleaned up. It is an ongoing process that they have been working on throughout the beta.

It amazes me the speed at which they have been pushing out regular content patches. Every week they have been adding new skill/support gems, art updates, bug fixes and many new unique items. I think they must have the cleanest development pipeline in the gaming industry.

16. Knight2

Knight2 Avatar

I just installed Dragon Age Origins Ultimate on my new system, haven't played DA for about 3 years maybe longer, but still haven't experienced all the addons so figured it will get me my RPG fix until then and right now im hooked all over again haha, love this game!

But today I bought Injustice, just to have some quick filler time here and there, and tell you what, that game has surprised me! hope your all enjoying your weekend!! Have fun and see you in chat or on forums!! ;)

17. Knight2

Knight2 Avatar

@Cymek: Not to say your system is bad by any means, but graphically I thought Swtor was great, I never had one glitch or hiccup other than occasional lag, which was rare. It usually ran smooth as butter for me and my friends and family. I really thought they made a good game, for single player! But when I played it all the way through and they put a closure on my story at the end, I had no feeling of wanting to play anymore, I felt like I just beat an MMO, and didn't think it was possible, so it kinda knocked the wind out of me and I never turned it back on since haha. But I enjoyed the ride to get there, well written story and nice combat.

But like you also, I have a Malgus statue on my desk too, I wish I could of avoided, heck I have 2 more still in their packages in my closet that I doubt i'd make anything off them. Sad...

18. Cymek

Cymek Avatar

@ Knight ThommyGunn: I ran it on a mid 2010 top spec iMac, 12 gigs RAM upgrade and Win7 64 in boot camp. Basically the same as a very high end laptop. It ran well for me, but not great. I didn't have any issues until going into PvP on Illum. From what the forums said, even people with better gear than me had issues there when it started to scale past a few dozen toons. PvP is a big thing for longevity in a themepark MMO. SWTOR couldn't support it on even moderate scales.

Having said that, I agree with you that it was a great single player game. I enjoyed leveling my Sith Inquisitor. Like you, once I hit level cap, my desire to play fell off a cliff. I started to level a bounty hunter alt...but when I realized the content...minus the character story arc...was identical to my inquisitor, that's when I quit.

19. Jack Pipsam

Jack Pipsam Avatar

Anything and Everything.

20. Septhaka

Septhaka Avatar

Europa Universalis 3, Crusader Kings 2 and Skyrim :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.