Recap Developer Chat 4/25/13 (FOCUS: HOUSING, GUILDS, SANDBOX) -- (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dame Lori, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rild

rild Avatar

What an amazing dev chat! Really exciting stuff in there. I can already feel the texture of this new world. Thanks to the devs and you too Lori! I can barely dress myself I don't know how you get all this done.

DavenRock likes this.
  2. Arma Dragon

Arma Dragon Avatar

Thank you very much from France. Without you it wouldn't be impossible to follow for me.

3. Red2

Red2 Avatar

Are there unlimited housing spots? Have they said?

4. Maximusas

Maximusas Avatar

@Red I recall hearing somewhere during Kickstarter that the number of housing lots offered during the campaign equated to approx half of the available lots on game release. However that was before reaching the stretch goals which doubled the land mass and added the underworld. I think I is safe to say that the spaces are not unlimited but there won't be any shortage for anyone that purchases a housing tier prior to game release.

DavenRock likes this.
  5. Anubis

Anubis Avatar

Im loving what I am hearing so far, It seems that they are keeping enough elements from the UO framework to meet the standards that uo set years ago (and that nearly all mmo's and online games fail to meet) and improving upon and making things a little different so that we are not getting a re branded game.

6. Red2

Red2 Avatar

Well if they don't have unlimited houses. It doesn't seem fair to let people have more then one.

7. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

As always great job Lori! Amazing!
    Based on Loris protocol and for Germans which are interested in the process of Sota, i translated this protocol into the German language. Caused by my limited time, I split it into two parts. Part I is including Guild Houses. Part II will follow later tomorrow. I plan to translate all protocols into the German language. Supporters are welcome :) You will find the translation posted on our Sota community site: https://plus.google.com/communities/115568856712565432456

Greetings
    Sinclair

P.S: One thing which bothers me a bit...maybe bother is the wrong word. If you allow owning of multiple house lots i am really curious how you avoid the trade of house deeds especially those players which trade house dees vs. real money. Comparing to UO, rich players bought the best house lots and sold / offered them on Ebay. A normal player never had a real chance of good house lots. The question is what is better for the game fun and game balance: Own multiple houses, or have angry players which are not able to found their own home. Or is there a solution in place?

8. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

But the 3 months house decay for the KS is a little bit different that I was supposing...

DavenRock likes this.
  9. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Awesome Sinclair! I'll throw that link up on my site's post later.

If housing is worth more in real money than the cost of an account, not sure limiting to 1 per account will stop those transactions. :\

DavenRock likes this.
  10. Goose

Goose Avatar

@Dame Lori - Thanks so much for mining the nuggets of info from these broadcasts. I like watching them but for forum discussions, referencing your web site will be a must. Well done!

11. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

FYI, i've just posted part II of the German translation. URL see above. My apologize, i am neither a lector nor a professional translater. I am just doing this only for fun and to help other Sota interested people.

12. Lord of the Sheep

Lord of the Sheep Avatar

Thank you for this summary.

13. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

I hope they don't go the way of multiple houses, that would be very unfair to some players. I'm sure there are many people are asking for it as Chris said, but those of us that don't spend time 'farming gold' won't get a chance to buy a plot of land because it will be taken by those who do farm it, or those that might buy gold online. I spend most of my time roleplaying, but that doesn't mean I don't want a house, it just means I won't have an immense amount of gold as fast as someone who spends hours a day just dungeon crawling. It should be like UO one house limit for everyone.

14. Bzus

Bzus Design Lord SOTA Developer

Great summary. Thanks Lori!

DavenRock likes this.
  15. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

My pleasure B. Thank YOU! ;)

DavenRock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.