Plot Survey

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Razimus, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

[​IMG]

Here’s the plot survey I did during Release 4 for Owl’s Head. This is an early Pre-Alpha release and unless Owl’s Head is one of the finished cities I would expect everything to be subject to dramatically change upon final release, I just wanted to capture what it was so I could see future changes. According to my survey there were 3 City Plots, 14 Town Plots and 48 Village Plots. This seems like a very small number compared to the current number of Plot Deed Owners, but we don’t yet know how many Cities, Towns & Villages there will be let alone how many plots there will be. This example gives a bit of an idea of what a City like Owl’s Head will be like in the future give or take, there could be twice, triple, quadruple the number of plots on release we shall have to wait and see.

Phredicon, Saosis, tradyblix and 14 others like this.
  2. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

That is awesome! Would you (please) volunteer to be our Royal Cartographer??

If you are able to wander around each town/city as they are released, it would be incredibly useful to have a guide like this during the landrush.

(pssstt - discounts available on healing potions from my vendor when I can get them happening...;))

Phredicon, Time Lord and herradam like this.
  3. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

Nice survey!

I don't think Owl Head would be classified as a city. My guess is it's a village.

You should add the Castle lot on the map.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Where did you find this map? I haven't seen it before but could be very useful.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I found it at sotawiki

http://sotawiki.net/sota/Owl's_Head

But upon walking around I noticed a difference between the map and the north area

Jatvardur, Dhimmi and Time Lord like this.
  6. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

It could be a town but I doubt it's a village because of the tiny village-like area in release 4,
    the one with no name, it was clearly smaller than Owl's Head, had minimal NPC houses,
    minimal NPCs, but I'm guessing there will be giant cities and small cities, bigger towns
    and smaller towns, villages with NPCs and villages without NPCs, we will see.

As for the Castle lot yeah, I forgot to add it, at the time of making this I didn't even consider the castle lot a lot but of course it is one. I'll add it next time I can't even remember exactly
    where it was.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I can try, I didn't make the map from scratch I did use the one from sotawiki

http://sotawiki.net/sota/Owl's_Head

But I will definitely work on it.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Well that takes care of 65 of us out of 90,000....
    Who want's first pick?o_O
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

9. Dhimmi

Dhimmi Avatar

if this is a city, the dev team is looking to disperse player pop quite a bit, and it could indicate several possible starting locations

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

I believe it was by the river, in the lower left of the map.

Also, the moongate locations would be helpful, too.

11. Burnden

Burnden Avatar

Hi, great map, thanks for this. I also surveyed Owls Head, I didn't get mine to look as nice as this but I have to disagree on some of the plots you marked as village. When you come up over the bridge from the south into the 4 Town plots you can turn right or left. At the far left there is 1 village plot on the north side just before you get to the wooden wall. Similarly, when you go right there is 1 village plot at the end of the road on the north side of the street. Other than these 2 village plots, everything within the wooden walls is a town plot. I surveyed according to plot barrier, and these 2 were the only ones with the wooden fencing in this area. That turns 8 of your village plots to town plots.

I hope I got something wrong here, but I checked a few times.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

It's far from definitive, but I did find Village lots in game that had stone walls rather than split-rail fences... I was not looking for Town lots that has fences instead of walls, but if I was able to fine Village lots with walls, it stands to reason that there may be Town lots with fences.

13. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Well I too at first thought wooden fence meant something and stone fence meant something but I saw Village Plots with stone fences, many in fact,
    I double checked and triple checked, I clicked on the signs of the stone fenced Village sized plots and attempted to place anything bigger, the only
    option available was Village on the Vs, So it might have been an error due to the pre-alpha build and perhaps in the future those were supposed to
    be smaller Town plots we will see. It appears to me there are different sized Village Plots, and thus there may be different sized Town Plots as well.
    Making the variety and rarity of 'good' plots even more interesting if this is the case.

14. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Awesome! Dont worry about missing castle plot and that... You could improve it in 7 days! =)

15. stile

stile Avatar

Razimus and tradyblix like this.
  16. Floors

Floors Avatar

According to https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=35155

There are only 33,911 total backers...

I'm not sure what the 90,000 number is about actually.

Also I don't think it's a coincidence that the number of lots add up to 64, because wasn't that the number of players they felt safe accomodating in an instance ?

Time Lord and Crikey like this.
  17. Father Aquila

Father Aquila Avatar

Razimus, you are correct they do have village plots with stone walls in Owls Head. I went looking for another metric and saw that on the entry side of the wall village lot walls had 6 pillars, town 8 pillars, and city 10 pillars .

Great work in your initial plot review and I am happily corrected.

PS. my earlier post was by Burnden but I picked up a Royal Founder account so this post is under a different name :)

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.