Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Need more housing!!

Discussion in 'Release 5 Feedback' started by zeapo, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeapo

zeapo Avatar

I have been running around all night and day trying to find a house lot. 600 is what I read there is currently, correct me if I am wrong? Making them character bound all weekend is great, but not so fun if your not one of the lucky 600 or so...

Just my 2 cents, not complaining just saying...

On another note, the game is exactly what I have been wanting for a very long time.

2. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I never found anything either. I assume by the time the game launches, there will be multiple maps, big flashy signs, arrows over your head, etc. to help people find things like this.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

I wasn't able to fine one, but given that it's just a pre-alpha weekend, no big deal. I think the bigger outcome is that its clear the many many people will not be in the town proper, but rather in these suburbs and rural player towns.
    Originally I thought that to be in the main parts of Owl's Head (or a city like that) you needed to be a high level backer to be high enough on the selection priority. The 'peasants' would end up being in the area outside the walls. Now it seems like if one wishes to be in any part of one of the main towns/cities, they need to be a pretty high backer.
    Perhaps I'm wrong.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. iwanbo

iwanbo Avatar

I found one late Friday evening. Some of the plot markers are kind of hidden in grass and are difficult to see. I came across one in a player town that was packed, and claimed it. :)

5. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Actually is a good UO housing simulator, where no empty spaces in the world. :p

Lord Baldrith, Time Lord and zeapo like this.
  6. zeapo

zeapo Avatar

lol uo housing sim, that's good. yea I guess it doesent matter with it being alpha, but still I would like to try it al least. Maybe release 6 will be my time.

Eriador and Time Lord like this.
  7. zeapo

zeapo Avatar

I do like the "suburb" idea, I don't mind living outside the city limits. I kinda like having woods, water, mountains, animals/mobs next to my house.

Kaisa likes this.
  8. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

The problem is the suburbs aren't really connected to the main town, they are just near it on the map. Since it's not monoscale, it's not like travelers going to the main city will pass through the 'burbs.

Lordy likes this.
  9. zeapo

zeapo Avatar

yea this is true, if your thinking player vendors and things like that. good point.

10. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Lord British said today in the tavern that still were some land lots free, but hard to find those... Like in UO! XD

11. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

That is a large part of what I was thinking. Since I know many people have economy-related plans for their houses (vendors, inns, bars, etc...) this seems to be important. It's possible that those rural towns might interact largely among themselves.

TBD

12. zeapo

zeapo Avatar

that's a cool concept to think about....each "player town" having their own economy? different pricing, available items and so on...heh, this game is gonna be great.

13. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I logged in on day 1 and plopped a house in a plot bada bing bada boom, I like the fact that I can put a long rug on my balcony and it being stiff as a board I can use it as a pirate plank, walk the rug plank mateys

14. Floors

Floors Avatar

There was not enough Housing. Period.

zeapo likes this.
  15. Ceal Astra

Ceal Astra Avatar

I had no trouble placing and re-placing housing in several places, on Friday.

16. selbie

selbie Avatar

I've seen plenty of empty lots in Valemark. Try there.

17. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I unclaimed mine on Friday in Kingsport. It went fast ;). Anyways, I'm glad that they threw in all of the extra villages in. I knew it was possible for them to do it. I also think it may be possible for them to expand each of those hex areas to be able to include more housing. I would also imagine that they will be creating more of those small villages on the Novia mainland.
    If they really don't expand to Novia in the next release, then they could limit the use of a house for one day. This will then allow others the opportunity to claim a plot.

zeapo likes this.
  18. zeapo

zeapo Avatar

I just don't think they had enough for the amount of players they knew they had.

Alexander likes this.
  19. mike11

mike11 Avatar

What they have so far is excellent. These guys really have good taste in classy homes.

Sent from my GT-S5690M using Tapatalk 2

20. Kaynith Stormcaster

Kaynith Stormcaster Avatar

I found plenty of housing. I just didn't know it at the time. I was going up to the houses that I thought were 'for sale'. They said 'For Sale', but every time I clicked them they were already taken.

I saw a bunch of empty spaces with no buildings on them. Since the devs said they were making only 600 available, I figured those were just the ones that they didn't put a structure on. See, I thought the structures were pre-placed by the devs. Nope.

You click on the sign on the EMPTY lot, then scroll through what house you want to place.

I somehow missed that part from the release notes. Must have read it too fast.

Addendum: Going through Southmarsh where my tower is, I'm amazed at the number of claimed houses that people have done NOTHING with. And by nothing, I mean nothing. Not one single decoration. Nothing in the yard. Nothing in the house. I think people claimed houses just to claim them, logged off, and that was that. This is the reason there was a housing shortage. People claiming them, and then not releasing them when they didn't do anything with them.

zeapo, Ravenclaw and tradyblix like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.