Swapping Combat

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Krovakin, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krovakin

Krovakin Avatar

Hey all!

So after experiencing 2 releases of combat, there is one thing I think will make a HUGE change to the smoothness of combat. In UO there was the ability to set a quick equip macro. For instance, you were able to cast a spell (which disarmed you) then equip either a bow or a melee weapon by pushing the right macro to put on a pre-set weapon. Since SOTA seems to be heading in the direction of being able to be a mage/warrior or warrior/archer or maybe all 3! Then I think it would be a great feature to bring this ability back to the game. You could use your bow and then quickly equip you melee weapon when the foe gets close, and then switch back to the bow when they run away.

What does everyone think?

MalakBrightpalm likes this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

Since we'll be able to set up multiple decks to play with if you could tie an equipment set to a deck then switching a deck could switch your kit for you too.

MalakBrightpalm and Krovakin like this.
  3. Krovakin

Krovakin Avatar

Yes... but if you had 2 different weapons for the same deck, this would still be a good option. Speaking for myself, when making any kind of combat macros or decks, sometimes I will use different weapons or even the same class or weapon but that has different stats for different scenarios. For example if a weapon like a blunt weapon did more damage but hit slower and another blunt weapon was faster but weaker, you would use the faster one on slower hitting targets because you could hit it multiple times then back away before they hit. Where with a faster attacking target, you would keep you distance, do one large hit then keep your distance again causing less overall damage to you.

4. Lained

Lained Avatar

It'd be optional, you could still switch out equipment manually.

5. Krovakin

Krovakin Avatar

True... but this takes time if you are using the list bag option and have to scroll down to find the weapon to change to mid combat. Still doable manually, but would just be a more fluid combat to use a quick switch macro. I just enjoy it :)

6. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

My hope is that there will be some stance shift mechanic. This would include a weapon swap. It would be tied to an auto-attack, a passive skills, active skills, etc.

MalakBrightpalm and Krovakin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.