An extremely unpopular reality

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Poor game design, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Realistically only a fraction of people who've bought the game will buy houses in the game, plus lots expire per month, plus hex expansion instead of huge city lots everywhere, plus the number of lots doubles, essentially, with each episode per year... I don't think it'll be an issue.

Time Lord and NRaas like this.
  2. Cabrens

Cabrens Avatar

I did understand that houses are "no drop" items that can t be traded. They are being placed on house lot deeds that can be traded. Pledgers at citizen level and above recieve one house lot tradable deed on which they are given the choice to place a house up to their tier level. As a matter of fact, those willing to "sell" houses are offering to trade non tradable items and wont be able to comply their promiss.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Well, others understood stuff different - and we all know nothing as given fact.

Time Lord, Jatvardur and NRaas like this.
  4. Cabrens

Cabrens Avatar

This is precisely why, until official clarification, "house sales" threads don t make any sense...

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Hawkings

Hawkings Avatar

Would be cool if you could rent out the extra lots or even rent out rooms in your properly, haven't tried beta so I'm not sure whats all in yet.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. stile

stile Avatar

Houses have been officially stated to be a separate item from land. You can give them away, trade them, and sell them.

Sold houses will have a tax to act as a gold sink.

Think of it as buying land and having sears house building kit deeds you own. They two are separate.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Ahroo

Ahroo Avatar

Lots expire monthly? You mean if it isn't a tax free lot?

Time Lord likes this.
  8. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

For taxed lots, yes if you fail to pay your monthly dues, the lot will revert to unoccupied.

The tax-free lots will revert as well after a certain number of months of account inactivity. To retain those, I suspect all one needs to do is log into the online portion of the game every so often. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

So what if?
    Say I have a friend or family member and I have a Founder Knight, or Lord what ever.
    So I give one of my houses away to friend or family member.
    That Avatar goes default on the lot, after a while goes default on game... Closes the account, something. It could happen.
    Would I get the house back?
    Where does it go then or where do you think it would/should

Time Lord likes this.
  10. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

The house deed returns to your inventory. The lot is emptied if payment isn't received, freeing up space.

As we were told.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

Drocis, the question for me has always been do all the houses you received from pledging come on a single house-deed (which can select one of several homes you own) much like how it works in the pre-alphas. Or do you literally get one separate deed for each of your homes. So as a Baron you have 20+ deeds.

A lot of people have made assumptions about how this works, but I've never seen it directly addressed. If a Port employee has, I would be interested to see their explanation.

12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I don't have a quote ready to put here. But going on memory, and my 100% belief...at the Baron level I will have the ability to sell each and every house at my tier and below. That each house would have it's own deed. I think this question has come up many times in many different ways, and the devs have always implied that is how it works. But you're asking a very good question that deals with a nuance that I hadn't thought about before. That's a great question for the Q&A thread.

13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You are correct, according to all that I have read, seen and heard.

14. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The May 30 founders blog Q&A, answered by the devs, explicit states that house deeds can be traded or sold via secure trade. Once they are traded they are no longer associated with your account so they can't be placed on your lots. they aren't available to new characters you create either.

NRaas likes this.
  15. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

I read that, but that was not my question. The question is does a backer get multiple deeds, each with one of the houses, or do they get one deed with all of the houses they have access to. Everyone I've heard, and that's why I asked for clarification, could imply either of the above.
    The difference is of course that if you have multiple deeds, yes, you can go sell the ones you're not going to use. But if it's a single deed with all of your houses, selling would mean you lose all your houses.
    I hope that makes sense.
    I was looking for the Question thread for the Q&A to add this for clarification. It's a nuanced difference in terms of how it is interpreted, but a huge practical one.

16. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

17. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

18. louie

louie Avatar

I thought lots, deeds, and houses are all separate. A deed will lock down a lot for you to use, but your houses are not linked to that deed. A house can be picked up, with all the decorations inside, and then re-placed on a different lot, as long as its the right size lot, and you have deeded that new lot. So if you sell your deeds, you wont be able to use a lot, but you can still keep your houses in your inventory or bank. Then when you buy another deed, say later you are buying a city lot deed, and you secure a lot with the deed, you could pull out your old house from your pocket and place it with all the decor still intact. You could also sell all your houses, and keep your lot deeded and simply leave it houseless. I think the confusion comes from when people say "house deeds", they are not deeds for houses, they are deeds for lots, placing a house on a lot is optional, and separate from the deeds.

Someone can own 15 different houses and 3 deeded lots, and then swap houses out on those 3 lots as they please. You don't get a deed with every house, most of the upper tier pledgers will have many houses but only one deed for a lot. I think eventually deeds will be an actual tradable item in your inventory, just a paper scroll saying you have the right to claim a lot of a certain size. Also, I think your deeded lot itself is not something you can sell. You cant sell that specific lot. You can sell the guarantee that you will undeed the lot in front of someone, so they can quickly deed the now unclaimed lot before anyone else, but I don't think you can transfer ownership of a lot directly. The deed itself could be part of that transaction if the buyer needs one, or the seller might want to keep his deed to lock down a new lot, and require the buyer to bring his own deed. Im not sure if they plan to implement some system for handing over a specific lot more safely, but people would definitely pay for the lot itself somehow, on top of the deed, and the house.

19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Louie... your avatar is freaking me out, man. ;)

NRaas likes this.
  20. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I just do not see why you would think that each house would no be on it's own deed. It has been said many many times that you can sell off any pledge rewards (houses and otherwise) that you do not want or need.

With the introduction of player towns, those unwanted house deeds prices just went way up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.