Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Searching for a plot is painful.

Discussion in 'Release 6 Feedback' started by Corlag TheBard, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corlag TheBard

Corlag TheBard Avatar

Searching for a place to call home is worse than catching a kobold hammer in the tenders at the moment. I just want to have an easy way to inquire about where I can find an unclaimed lot for my funding range, so that I can set up a home base to adventure from.

2. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Unfortunately you have to visit eachplace where housing can be placed. In the main towns, speak to a guard about lots. In the player villages spread about the Vale, find the town crier and ask them about the lots. Both of them will tell you whether lots are available, they won't tell you whether they are village, town or city tho. And they won't tell you where they are located.

3. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

So should I be more focused on finding and reporting bugs or looking for a lot? So far all I've done is report every bug I find but I'm afraid that May leave me with sub optimal housing for my pledge level. Do I need to stop trying to crush bugs and go look for a home before it's too late and I end up with a deed and no lot to claim ?;p

4. royalsexy

royalsexy Avatar

You have to remember, this is just a test build - All lots will be wiped in a couple of days when the servers get taken down again. So if you can't find one in R6 just start early in R7 next month. If you've talked to the town crier and he's said that there are empty lots you can hold down the 'P' key on your keyboard as you run around the town and it will flash a beacon into the sky for any empty lots.

Hazard, Sinclair, DavenRock and 2 others like this.
  5. Corlag TheBard

Corlag TheBard Avatar

Thanks for the tip Royal.

6. Veylen The AenigmA

There isnt a sota realtors guild?;p

DavenRock likes this.
  7. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I agree with the opening post. I found one open lot running through a few towns.

8. selbie

selbie Avatar

This is a very condensed map so real estate is at a premium, especially when there is no time limit on them anymore.

Remember that the final map will be HUGE in comparison.

9. Veylen The AenigmA

Well looks like rolling the dice out of necessity for me will just have to be priority as there's no sense in buying a deed if I can't play/test it on my current rig effectively. Surely someone will lose their spot due to rent I'll just have to out vult the vultures. Plus knowing I'd do a better job as a tester having bought a new PC instead of of a deed I suppose others likely don't have the same moral compass as I but karma has a way of working these things out:p

10. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

As long as you have a lot deed, you are guaranteed a place to call your own once the games full version is released to the public. The process of finding a lot at that moment in time would be determined by how high your pledge level is and when you made your pledge. The higher and earlier the pledge, the greater the chances of finding a good or beneficial location. For instance, some individuals wish to have a home by the water's edge, however the harsh truth is that the chances of that are slim to none if you weren't an original founder at $500 or more.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about getting a house this time around, there will definitely be more available at a later release.

Cheers

11. Veylen The AenigmA

All im worried about is having one at launch. If i cant panhandle 165$ by then well i have no busieness in sales

12. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Also don't forget, if you hold down the P key, from open plot a column of fog is growing up.

13. Snoferret

Snoferret Avatar

Some of the small, out of the way villages are the only places I've found empty spaces. But I just run around other player's houses to get a feel for them. Land grabbing won't be a big deal until before launch when we can get our permanent plots for the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.