Game Help ! - Can't figure out how to use the skill bar (Was unsure which section to put this in)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sir Edreamer _MGT470, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Edreamer _MGT470

Sir Edreamer _MGT470 Avatar

Hi as it says I'm at a loss over how to get the skills I've opted for (from my 40 points) onto my Skills bar
    I've tried to search the forums, but searching for "Skill bar" and "how to use Skill Bar" picks up too many varied discussions - if the answer's in there I can't find it

I'm sure this is really basic for you all but please humor me.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Mata

Mata Avatar

3. royalsexy

royalsexy Avatar

Make sure you've got an enemy targeted first (with your tab key or clicking them) then try a fireball for example by either clicking on the skill in your skill bar, or typing the numbe you've put it on. The K key picks your skills, but then you have to add them to the skill bar using the L key.

4. Sir Edreamer _MGT470

Sir Edreamer _MGT470 Avatar

This is the likely the part I was missing - I'll log in and give it a go - thanks for the rapid reply :)

Time Lord likes this.
  5. motown

motown Avatar

If you press 'K' to open the skills menu, you can drag and drop the icons from the menu onto the hotbar. It's possible that your hotbar will be set to 'tools' mode, so you'll need to click on the icon in the bottom center of your screen to change it to 'combat' mode, and then drag and drop skills onto the bar.

You can also drag and drop tools from your inventory onto the 'tools' bar for faster use. Although some may not appear to work immediately when you target an object and press the corresponding button which usually indicates a bug, in which case you should just walk around the object or corpse until your cursor has a yellow outline, and try again.

6. Willard

Willard Avatar

Also, ranged skills like fireball currently only work by actually clicking them in the hot bar, not by pressing the key assigned to it.

motown, Time Lord and Mercyful Fate like this.
  7. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

Yeah, that's rather annoying...

Time Lord likes this.
  8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Spells and skills only need to be clicked to start a fight. Once a fight has been started, by clicking a spell or skill or by autoattack, you are able to use the number keys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.