Avatars Radio - Radio of the Avatars

Discussion in 'Player Radio Stations' started by Amber Raine, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

[​IMG]

It came with a cheer of support from all members in the studio as Sir Korvash was announced new Station Manager of the PR Department of Avatars Radio. Korvash will now be helping with a lot of the outside contacts with the community, helping field questions and answers, and oddly requested we build on a bigger office with a window, something about extra light sources needed for his bucket, we didn't ask for clarity on this.

Korvash will be wearing his new suit to the studio starting April 28th, 2014, and can now be reached at Korvash@AvatarsRadio.com

Amber Raine will continue to be the driving force of all the behind the scene and on air business in studio including hiring and training of new DJs, creation and development of station drops, and sorting out the vinyl and cassette stacks! (yes she insists everything still be run from vinyls and cassettes.. she's an 80s girl!)
    We here could not be happier to have you aboard Sir Korvash! Welcome and Thank you!
    ~Avatars Radio Staff ~​

2. Amber Raine

[​IMG]
    Yesterday, April 25th 2014 @ 5pm to 7pm CDT - FireLotus completely blew us all away. Not only did she rock the Tesla Tower and FireLotus Tavern but she completely shook the ground of all New Britannia. Filling 2 full instances to full capacity so no one could get into either one and almost maxing out the radio server limit in the process. Avatars Radio was proud to have her doing so with us!
    It was also over heard a few times last night from herself "My next set will be...."
    What this means Avatars is that yes, Lady FireLotus will indeed be having more rocking parties to look forward to with Avatars Radio. We are more then proud to welcome this natural born talent into our rosters!
    Lady FireLotus who's awesome? YOU ARE!

Are you interested in also joining the crew? and rocking with Lady FireLotus? send inquiries to info@AvatarsRadio.com

3. carlaisle

carlaisle Avatar

Somewhere between here and Timbuk3 Chaotic Bliss
    Has grown in leaps and bounds well Done AmberRaine. Passionate & dedicated DJ :))

4. Amber Raine

Thank you Carlaisle. We here at Avatars Radio are truly blessed to be allowed to do what we do, and to have such an amazing community to do it for!! To know we can help bring not only -entertainment- but a closeness to the community even when away from it, means we are doing our job right. So again, thank you very much.

((In no way do I mean to be rude however -- We do have a different thread in this sub forum that this could be moved to ~smiles~ ))

5. Sir Korvash

Sir Korvash Avatar

Thank you very much Amber, for the warm welcome to the station.

I realized that I haven't actually made an official post, since I started as Station PR manager, at Avatars Radio, a week ago. I've been busy diving head long into the tasks that have been assigned to me and have been making some real headway with those. It is a very 'unseen' position that I've taken on, but I know just how much it helps the radio. So, you won't be hearing me on the Airwaves.. unless Amber starts threatening me with the spoon.. but you will see a lot of my work on the radio in the next little while, and not even realize it was from me.

I can't go into a lot of details about what I've been doing just yet, however I can say, that there is some very exciting things in the works, Prize give-a-ways, competitions and much much more. So stay tuned, to find out what we have in the works for our valued listeners. Once we have the last of the details ironed out, I will be making a post about it all, so everyone can easily see all the details.

Some of the things we have been working on, that I can talk about, is advertising, and new DJ's.

Firstly, as Amber has already said, a HUGE welcome, and thank you to our newest DJ, DJ FireLotus! Between her debut set, and her most recent one on may 2nd, its been an absolutely amazing start, and one we are looking forward to have each and every week at Avatars Radio, every Friday, 2 pm -4 pm central time. I can't say who yet, but we also have another special guest DJ joining us in the near future, one that I think will keep everyone entertained! So listen in to the station, for when we make the official announcement. And join us in the chat room, #AvatarsRadio to make requests and find out about other Radio promotions.

Also, If your interested in being a DJ on the radio, we're happy to talk to you. there is no experience needed. We welcome anyone wanting to get their voice on the radio, and are happy to train those who need it. its so easy, a monkey could do it!

The other one is advertising. We have available slots in our advertising plan, open for anyone and everyone who is wanting to advertise on the radio. Have a Guild, a community site, or anything else Shroud of the Avatar related that you want to advertise? Well get in contact with us at the radio, and we can help you out. Our prices can't be beat! Literally. Being a community not for profit station, We don't charge for advertising currently. Interested, then get in contact with either myself, or Amber Raine. You can do so here on the Forums, via email, info@avatarsradio.com, my direct email korvash@avatarsradio.com or come and talk to us in the chat room.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome, and stay tuned from all of the exciting things we've got planned for the community, and our valued listeners!

6. Amber Raine

[​IMG]

Avatars Radio has had an incredibly exciting and amazing week. New DJs being trained and added to the roster. New Theme shows. High number records. And Dreams coming true!

On Monday the DJs of the day managed to reach and hold the second largest number of listeners. The first being reached by Lady FireLotus in Release 5, where she held 95 listeners for 2 hours. Monday the number was 34. As there was no release happening at the time, this is a great feat. For more then 11 hours, listeners were coming through the doors of the studio making requests, saying hello, and hanging out. Very well done to Mystic, Celith and Trevor. Your abilities and dedication are highly appreciated and noted.

On Tuesday. Lady Amber Raine, High Priestess of Chaos received what she could only describe as “…the highest honour and most humbling acknowledgement I could have ever dreamed of, and had not ever for a million years thought would happen to someone like me. I still expect to wake up any minute and realize it was just an amazing dream. Because that indeed is what it is, my childhood dream has come true. Thank you Lord British, my Liege DarkStarr, and everyone else who believed in me, and the Avatars Radio project. I could not have done it without all of you.”

We had one question that was still left unanswered, and had to ask. “what brought on the reaction we all witnessed?” The response made us all laugh and we share it with you today in hopes you also will find the complete humour in it. Please note this was said in jest with lots of humour, laughs and the funniest “radio broadcast voice” one could imagine, think Casey Kasem on chipmunk speed.

“…it is said that had Korvash not made the spoon, the High Priestess of Chaos would not have broken and freaked out in a chaotic fashion as she did on Tuesday. It is also said that she made a true display of why chaos is so awesome. Because orderly would be to dignified to spaz uncontrollably in the happiest of fashions while over 100 THOUSAND people watched on. Chaos, freedom to be yourself, no matter what others think!”

Sunday, Avatars Radio welcomes 3 new voices to the roster.During “Sunday Bumpy Sunday” , Youtubes vloggers, and beloved dragon of the Ultima Dragons – Indi and Will, will be having their first show on Sunday May 18th at 8pm CDT.
    Long awaits Lady Addy will be taking her spin behind the turn tables at 9:30pm CDT and all the way from Queensland, Australia, Royalsexy will be bringing his twist and accent to the mic at 10pm CDT.

The week has been so packed full of excitement and fun that the next one can only bring even more of the same as the team of DJs continue to rock the tesla towers and bringing the music and poetic talents of the community together in one place.

Also stay tuned this week for the new contest coming out from Avatars Radio during Release 6, in connection with Avatars Circle, Avatars Portal and Lord Andernut. There will be great prizes, more great music and lots and lots of winners! What is the contest all about? — All we are allowed to say right now about it is …. “…whats a paladin?”

7. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I've been trying to figure out a good way to listen from my phone. I have TuneIn Radio Pro which is how I was getting SL radio but I haven't been able to find anything for APR. The reason I want to try to use an app is that my Android browser just stopped letting me play the stream last week.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Amber Raine

We have updated our player a few times and the current one does seem to play on many of the devices. We also have a direct link to the radio station for those that can not go through the website for one reason or another (some places have blocks up that prevent it) for these people. Winamp, or another media program that allows a url to be placed inside and then play that way. the URL for direct link to the station is http://cp5.digistream.info:14102/

however with the change to the new player - maybe it might have been the player at the time. The direct link is a great method that seems to by pass many walls that some businesses put up to keep their employees away from certain sites :)

thank you for your interest and support Caska, means a lot when we get to hear from our listeners :)

9. Amber Raine

!!YAY!! This Just in - Friday May 23rd at 2pm Central Time (That is austin Texas time) - DJ FireLotus will be DJ'ing Live from within FireLotus Tavern in Owls Head on AvatarsRadio.com - Yes Avatars this is during R6 - Lets try to fill 2 instances again

10. 3devious

3devious Avatar

It seems that my stupid Android phone is cursed. It taunts me about not having a flash player yet the non flash button takes me to some iOS compatible page that gives me a play button but does not let me click it. I will get to the bottom of this mystery somehow!

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Amber Raine

Perhaps my friend if you use an app that allows the plug in of a URL? the direct URL will give you access to the back door ~smiles~ In which you do not have to worry about the flash player or the website at all . Except for the schedule and other great information :)

Time Lord likes this.
  12. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

If you missed her in R5, you won't want to miss her this time.

13. Sir Korvash

Sir Korvash Avatar

The player worked on my android device when i setup the page. I'll do some reworking and try to get a different one setup as there seems to be a few issues with the current non-flash player. Still trying to work out the support for both flash and non flash currently.

And as Amber said, there is also apps, like Winamp that can tie straight into the stream, with no need to use the site.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

Korvash, might I suggest an HTML5 solution? Apps and flash are the way of the past, you should be able to play HTML5 on any browser created in the last while. Check the compatibility here; http://mobilehtml5.org/

I've used this one before in a test and it was decent.
    www.radioforge.com

15. Amber Raine

Avatars Radio would like to announce and welcome with open turn tables, cassette decks and a heap of vinyls the newest Voices to the Avatars Radio roster!

[​IMG]
    First bringing us another female voice \o/ Lady Addy!! ​
    She is new to the world of DJ entertainment. On Sunday May 18th ​
    she proved she has what it takes as a great radio personality! ​
    We look forward to hearing her every Monday and Tuesday 8pm - 10pm Central​
    [​IMG]
    All the way from the "Land Down Under" royalsexy.​
    As another new DJ just earning his microphone, royalsexy has shown​
    that the voices and the musics of the land down under really know how to party.​
    He will bringing you the sounds to get your morning really moving ​
    every Wednesday and Sunday from 6am to 9am Central time.​
    Avatars Radio would also like to say thank you and welcome aboard to Tortoise and Hare Productions Indi and Will. They had their first pre-recorded set on Sunday May 18th and it was absolutely amazing! We look forward to more sets from them!​
    With the addition of these 2 new "live" DJs and the pre-corded sets of Tortoise and Hare Productions. Avatars Radio now has 11 great personalities to help through the week. Are you interested in joining the team? We welcome all experience levels.. everyone had to start somewhere right? Wether you have been a radio personality for years or you are just really interested in how it is done. Let us know and we will be happy to help. If a "Live" show is not your idea of what you are ready for and you would prefer to do a "pre-recorded" show. We welcome that as well! :) contact us at info@AvatarsRadio.com for more information :) .. Lets keep the tesla towers rocking!​

16. Lady Addy

Lady Addy Avatar

Thank you, Amber!

I am truly honored to be a part of this wonderful team. I have been a fan of the radio station since it's conception and was eager to try my hand at being a DJ. I cannot thank everyone enough for their support, laughter, chaos spoon, crazy wallaby's and of course warm welcome.

17. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Omg! At first I thought she was nude in this picture! Then I realized my eyes were playing tricks. Whew.

Then again... Hmmm.

**Suppress the chaos , order reigns supreme. Think of only order. **

Welcome new DJs!

carlaisle, Keira, The One and 3 others like this.
  18. Amber Raine

[​IMG]

Should be titled - Last two weeks in review - But Amber had to miss a week due to being sick, we are happy to have her back rocking the Moon Tower!​
    R6 has come and gone and Avatars Radio is so very happy for all the great times we got to have during this release.​
    PaxLair and The Bears Tavern is where the parties were at.​
    Avatars Radio would like to give a special thank you this week to Avatars Circle and Lord Andernut for the amazing contest that wrapped up yesterday June 1st.​
    Several amazing avatars are now able to go shopping in the add-on store of Shroud of the Avatar and even more will be coming up.​
    Keep it tuned to Avatars Radio for R7 contests - Including more great give aways from the add-on store and there just may be rumour of a founders account give away during R7.​
    We want to say a big congratulations to all our winners, across the event!​
    Browncoat Jayson​
    Lord Trenyc​
    DartanObscuro​
    Grimace​
    MrTheRed​
    Danue​
    PeteWi​
    Mardrov - Avatars Circle *big* Winner!​
    Doris Schauff - our twitter winner!​

And thank you, to everyone who took part in the trivia, tuned in, and those who joined us in the game, with our many impromptu dance parties!
    (care to be a sponsor, or have a party booked for R7? We are happy to get the music for *your* event that *you* would like to have! - let us know! info@AvatarsRadio.com)​
    It is June already - Summer is upon us and we are all going to go to the beach. Expect some great summer ideas and shows coming to our listeners. As well as some on location beach casts.​
    Lord Baldrith this week will be returning with his podcasts and poetry - Amber was very sorry that we all missed his shows due to her being sick, but for those that love his shows as much as she does,​
    make sure you are tuned in Wednesday and Saturday 8pm - 10pm.
    Lady Addy has been a great member of the Avatars Radio team and we are very happy to have her with us - Her internet company on the other hand is a bit of a pain ;)
    You can now catch Lady Addy Every Monday and Tuesday from 8pm - 9:30pm her sets will still be rocking as they always have!
    Amber Raine is back on the mic and the turn tables, she was seen digging through the vinyls and muttering about where we all moved her cassettes and put CDs and MP3s in her way!!
    Its great to have your voice back Amber - We all missed you!
    We look forward to having another great week and welcoming in more faces, voices and tracks!
    Interested in joining the team? Just let us know.
    Pre-recorded sets, Live DJing - no experience no worries, we help you learn as you go. One Liners all welcome
    If you have interest in just checking things out - one time spots are always welcome also!
    Now offering guild/organization shout outs and Ads on the radio - Let the Avatars hear about you!
    Book your party for R7!

19. carlaisle

carlaisle Avatar

Somewhere between here and Timbuk3 Chaotic Bliss
    Huge Thank You to Avatars Radio for Celebrating & Rocking with Everyone In R6 and Beyond. New DJs , Party Keeps on Growing. Huge Shout Out to All The New DJs @ Avatars Radio. Really Glad to Hear Amber Back on the Airways . I know She Missed Being There immensely :)

20. InsaneMembrane

InsaneMembrane Avatar

How are you guys able to broadcast music you don't have rights to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.