1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

New Pledge Rewards, New Pledge Tiers, Player Owned Towns & Stretch Goal Store Megapost

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

^^ Not This

We should have separate discussions/polls on that I think. I hate cosmetic racial differences personally. Gives little meaning and difference. Variety is the spice of life. And has absolutely no bearing on "classes". Archer Moon magic forestry? what class is that? And you can choose skills other than those, or including and beyond those... To claim it adds "class abilities" is quite a stretch. You could claim if you want to be an archer you should be an elf because they are the best, but! There can be all sorts of reason that isn't true, 1) if it's just a matter of less time to level the skills then you just spend a bit more time, they aren't better, 2) equipment could set off bonuses, if there is a max stat for something and you get +5 bonus archery in equipment instead it doesn't stack, then they aren't better. 3) if the differences are minor and not game altering there is the knowledge you have a little bonus, which is nice, but that doesn't mean someone who is a human wont beat you at your affinity skills.

Keldrin and Time Lord like this.
  2. Myoryn_Craysley

Myoryn_Craysley Avatar

^^ This

3. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

As much as I respect everything portalarium is doing for the community. As much as I fight for Elvin freedom from slavery. I have to disagree with this. I do not believe we should have *any* affinity. Human, Elves, what ever other race comes.

Sardonyx said:
    I'd like to make the suggestion that Elves just be a visual character model and that all characters have the same attributes regardless of race. Having race / class abilities goes against the idea of a classless system.​
    This gets my vote​

4. Sardonyx

Sardonyx Avatar

Perhaps, but it goes against the stated design we've all bought into thus far.

5. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Does this mean the elven house in a hill is an actual house? on a Lot? If so, what size lot?

If the goal is not met, but the house is purchased, does that mean the house has no functionality and cannot be used as a house?

6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I would suspect you'd have a house deed that you wouldn't be able to place on a lot, but could display as a 'rare' oddity.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

It's still a house, it just doesn't have an elf living inside it (since you are a human). - The mechanic behind it is still there (housing) I don't see why they wouldn't still create the asset. The goal isn't for elf houses, the goal is for elves as a race.

(This would be like if they didn't give you a non-combat foal pet, but gave you a decoration instead of the non-combat pet that can't be ridden.)

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

And *this* is why i said everyone should read it at least twice.. apparently i should have read it 3 times... IN A HILL? are we hobbits? - Good Question tho Bubonic! since stretch goal items become non-usable

Keldrin, Time Lord, NRaas and 2 others like this.
  9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I doubt that; it is likely just a house, but with elven styling (probably similar to what the NPC homes in the Vertas area looks like). It should still be usable as a house. It is probably a village home, to maximize it usability.

In fact, one of these, plus the village mine, could make a killer false mine on an unused property in a player town. Hmm...

Bodhbh Dearg and Time Lord like this.
  10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Debatable... Would the house be activated in-game if the goal isn't reached?
    Were I scheduling work, I wouldn't have the house modeled until the goal was reached.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

it was explicitly stated that the stretch goal items would not have functionality until the goal was met.

Time Lord, Tarsin and Amberraine like this.
  12. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Can someone summarize the differences from the 86 pages of input we supplied in the DEV+ post?

I cant seem to find any differences?

Or does this amount to the "you help us" portion of this project?

13. antero90

antero90 Avatar

Nice to hear there will be a less expensive housing option. But I still have a couple questions:

- Where are the row lots? The wording seems to indicate that these lots can be found in cities, is it possible to have some clarification on this?

- Row basement tiers, seeing as other lots have various basement options, will these options be available for row basements too? Just to make it clear, im talking about the possibility to purchase row basements with more than 1 floor.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

That isn't true, the decorations are still decorations, the outfits are still outfits, non-combat pets are still non-combat pets. Those that would have added functionality don't get that added functionality(boats, mounts, pack animals, decorating housing structures).

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Mostly just clarifications.
    I believe the biggest adjustment/clarification made was actually to the Lot Selection Sequencing for Knights Marshal and Lords Marshal, which is detailed in a seperate post.

Time Lord and licemeat like this.
  16. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

They changed a bunch of things based on our feedback in dev+. Now this is the official announcement. They take dev+ input, then provide that info to the masses with changes we proposed-we helped shape the game.

Mod Edited

majoria70, Time Lord, NRaas and 8 others like this.
  17. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I was wondering why the dev+ posting had suddenly slowed!

18. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

quote:
    Note: These objects will be decorations for your yard that are NOT decoratable themselves. If the stretch goal is met these will then become decoratable objects.

Time Lord, rild and Amberraine like this.
  19. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The house in a hill could be a decoration like the sheds. Maybe its just a hill with a hole dug into it that grows into a full house when the goal is met. just thinking.

Bodhbh Dearg, Keldrin and Time Lord like this.
  20. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@DarkStarr or @dallas

I'm seeking clarification on physical goods for Founders. Specifically, signed deeds. You had said that these tiers are at the Benefactor era. Signed deeds are Founder rewards.
    • What happens when a Founder Knight upgrades to a Knight Marshal? Will the signed Village deed become a signed Town deed?
    • Since Lords and above receive two rent free deeds, will they also receive two physical signed deeds?
    • Will signed Row and Keep deeds be given to Founders at those tier levels?
    If you do not know the answers to these yet that is fine. But if you can provide some answers, my spreadsheet thanks you. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.