1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

New Pledge Rewards, New Pledge Tiers, Player Owned Towns & Stretch Goal Store Megapost

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

This is not so much a statement against Isaiah's comment or anyones for that matter. As I agree that some guilds may desire just a keep, castle, tavern, some such and not a full town.. what this is however is to state..

PaxLair is *Not* a guild. PaxLair is a town of many guilds, even some that are not guilds. It is a town where people can come together as a community. It was and shall always be, a wonderful idea. I keep seeing people say "PaxLair is a guild" - Sorry please. It is not. It is a township of some of the greatest people in all of the community that welcomes even more people from the community no matter who or what you are!

*((after reading it 4 times and not seeing anyone *yet* .. only on page 8... correct this... I had to ~bows~))*

2. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Mainland! :D

Lonn Bimmer likes this.
  3. Amber Raine

~raises her Elvin goblet and cheers Majoria!~ Exactly! To New Britannia - and the rises and falls it takes us all to get there!

4. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

It's a bit of an inside joke. ;)

I totally understand why some Citizens will be upset about a new housing tier introduced below them. All the new stuff is cool, no doubt, but the housing played a big role in a lot of Citizens' decision to upgrade. I have a feeling rather a few would have stayed at Ancestor for almost half the price if they had that option before.

Tarsilion, Kaisa, Vyrinor and 4 others like this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]

enderandrew Said;

Sir Frank said:
    With my luck, it will double my aggro radius.​
    Secret effects of the Lord British cloak:

* You take 200% damage from Rainzz and canons
    * Occasionally your bread is randomly poisoned
    * The cloak acts as a special magnet, causing plaques to fall on you.​
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    *reminder to self, Richard Garriott can be the most fun guy when playing his games, but can be a very twisted dude at ~Times;)*​
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    I am very happy to see players other than Dev+ posting their rants as we did through their own thoughts and I am also happy that there are those that understand and can grasp it all "Like our enderandrew" and help everyone's understanding.​
    That being said, I thank the Portalarium Staff tremendously and am very happy for it's outcome to have been more refined for the general public's input to be heard.​
    And I'm not posting here again unless I can help it, "So that those of the general public's voice to be now heard".​
    Great Job Portalarium ;)!
    Please come join in on our Elf talk thread
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

6. danceswithstaplers

danceswithstaplers Avatar

Yeah, laying out $500 was a big deal for me. I still can't believe I did that! And I actually liked the original position that they weren't going to allow alt characters, so that addition doesn't do much for me. Now if farming on your lot is going to be something cool, then that might make the difference and make me feel like the citizen level is worth the extra dough.

Maeryck, Kaisa, Vyrinor and 5 others like this.
  7. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I for one am not going to upgrade until I can see the items. I want to see the row house interior, basements and etc. I want to see the pack animals, the mounts and etc. I want to see the Knight's keep. The only thing that will make me buy sight unseen is if there was a founder's type discount offered with a time limit for early upgrades.

Kaisa, Olahorand and Time Lord like this.
  8. !(Blood0men)!

!(Blood0men)! Avatar

I noticed that on the New Baron tier that they'll get a "Talking Mirror" I wonder what that will do; maybe update you on things going on around town or updates from the Dev+ people.

Just hoping that its not like some Sarcastic Mirror telling me Fashion tips or im on Fire cause I killed a Troll or something silly :)

Mishri, Kaisa, Maka and 1 other person like this.
  9. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Knight Marshal looks interesting... I'd like to see (literally) more details (in the store) though...
    I'm very visually oriented!
    (I guess that's why I enjoy watching beautiful women :p )

Khloec, Kaisa, Maka and 3 others like this.
  10. NeeNee

NeeNee Avatar

I can't imagine there wouldn't be a decent amount of us 'older folks' who will find this game and have never played Ultima, or at least who are not just riding the nostalgia. I know that the younger set are the bigger gamers, in general, but there's a lot of us GenXers (and older) looking for games as well. Especially games that are not just clicky-clicky and fast reaction combat. *waves my cane at those whippersnappers with faster nerve reactions*

11. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Hear hear!

*buffs medals with sleeve and starts to reminisce* "When I was a kid, we didn't have PCs and smartphones... We didn't even have mobile phones! We had to go to home to ask permission to stay at a friend's house!" :p :D :cool:

12. danceswithstaplers

danceswithstaplers Avatar

Yeah, I'm 39, never played an Ultima game. I pledged here because I liked what I heard, liked how un-WOW it sounded.

Maeryck, Isaiah, Kaisa and 8 others like this.
  13. NeeNee

NeeNee Avatar

I'm 37 and never played Ultima either. I found Sota from another game's forum and loved the ideas, the stories and the community feel. Also--crafting!

Maeryck, Kaisa, Arianna and 5 others like this.
  14. !(Blood0men)!

!(Blood0men)! Avatar

im past the GenX, NeeNee; I still play games alot, sleep more often and enjoy the games I do play.

When EverQuest came Out I played that daily, after a few months I got bored then went to WoW, Cartoony graphics but more enjoyable then EverQuest.

nowadays yes, Kids today like better graphics, blood/gore, or content over storylines or something with deep thought :(

Times changes as well do the people which we live in.

Lord Beli, Maka and Time Lord like this.
  15. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

As much as I love the old Ultima games, I think SotA will absolutely need to expand past us old Ultima fans into a new audience to really thrive. I'm glad you've joined our community!

Row houses will be part of the design of Ardoris, a new city that will be added in R8.

16. NeeNee

NeeNee Avatar

Yay for all us 'old people'! While I am glad that the devs are working of graphics (floating heads anyone?), I think the strong points of SoTA are appealling to the old school crowd as well, so I hope there's not tooooo much emphasis put on the shiny stuff over the other elements.

17. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

If Richard has humor the mirror will always say at the end:

....but Lord British is by far the most beautiful of all.

Lord Night Owl, Vyrinor and Maka like this.
  18. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

I don't think they were directed at you ...

19. Amber Raine

Okay, i am afraid I have to draw the line at making the people into pies. Living in them.. a bit far .. even for me ;) JK *all in fun!*

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am something something with a number and another number - or if you look at my profile you will see i hit 40 this year (thank Goddess my voice did not age with me - ask my listeners :) ) - And I have to agree that the community of Ultima fans is indeed vast - However it sadly may need to expand past this as enderandrew said
    Todays gamer - those young whipper snappers with their cell phones and ability to mash keys better then me because i like to put thought into what I am doing instead of *mash* *smash* *buy new keyboard* *smash* - Also like to have many many pretty shinies handed to them when they first log in. Us old school'rs, especially ultima ones, understand entering Britannia in a pair of jeans and looking at Lord British saying "Go save the world while i sit here strong enough to help you but i won't - I won't even give you a sword!" (in ultima underworld - my fave of them all - you did not even get to start with jeans ;) )

We understood what it was like to start with nothing and have to literally get *everything* on our own. Todays gamer - Wants it right there when they start and then "go up" from there. As I watch my daughters play (like mama like daughters - they are gamers to! and my little mycah is my prodigy of chaos ;) ) if they do not get *something* at the beginning to help them get even better somethings quickly -- they get bored way to fast

I believe what Portalarium is doing with all these added shiny things - will - indeed have new backers interested. The more shiny it is, the more people will want it. It is the way of the world.

20. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

Keep it up Portalarium....and shape well my island....please double attention to that white coral sandy beach....i want more space for parties till sunrise with friends ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.