Allow NPC to loot player's corpse

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Lord Kei, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Kei

Lord Kei Avatar

One of my most memorable battle in UO involves my avatar losing his newly bought GM Silver Katana to a Lich Lord in Khaldun.

Thinking that I was almighty, I took on a Lich Lord without realizing just how powerful it was it killed me with 2 back to back Kal Vas Flam.

To my horror the Lich Lord rummages my corpse and I could not find my precious silver katana after being ressed.

That taught me a lesson which I can never forget and I hope SotA can allow this level of AI in higher level monsters.

2. Darkblade

Darkblade Avatar

I also had this happen a few times.

However, if it is implemented they would also need to fix some griefing issues where a player leads monsters back to another player, lets it kill them, and then kills those monsters to take whatever was rummaged from the dead player.

3. Lord Kei

Lord Kei Avatar

Chris has answered me in one of the live stream.

They are not allowing NPC to loot player's corpse due to heavy itemization.

4. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

I loved finding full bags of regs or things in some of the monsters.
    That was a great feature UO put in.

5. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

I too am in favor of NPC looting items. I hope this is something that is achieved. I always enjoyed that idea that a very powerful npc could be holding the treasures of many fallen warriors. Never know what you may get when killed!

6. Citizen WarmCat

Citizen WarmCat Avatar

I also think this is great, probably would only work with a full-on mmo however.
    What Darkblade mentions is the sort of griefing problem you get in a non-pvp environment.

7. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

The instance of the hex is created if there is no one in there or if none of your friends are, so the npc's are spawned, so the item would need to be catalogued & spawn with the npc, but there could easily be multiple instances of the same hex because of different people seeing different people, so now there is item duplication, unless the item is synced to server & only spawned once, if it is not looted it is returned to server & respawned once. Sounds complicated and unnecessary but cool.

DavenRock likes this.
  8. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I'm OK with some kind of hard mode in the game that allows this. e.g.
    "you take up the cause of valor, you gain a 5% bonus to attack but your death penalties are far more severe"

But many people don't want harsh penalties in the game and shouldn't have to play with them. It's a choice.

9. PABS

PABS Avatar

I think humanoid creatures should loot the players like any other player do. A dragon or a bear wouldn't have use for anything but a lich can loot your enchanted sword and spell tomes, your herbs (precious, precious herbs) and stuff.. because it needs them to do his magic stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.