rixty / bing for the avatar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dartan Obscuro, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

I had never heard of rixty (I don't play MMO's much) but they seem to be some kind of gift card spendable on different MMO's and such. See www.rixty.com. Maybe the store should support it as a payment method?

What led me to this is if you create an account and use bing (Microsoft's search engine and butt of many jokes) you can earn points by searching (capped to 30 points a day after you reach gold status). And then spend points on gift cards. A five dollar rixty gift card is around 500 points. You can get around 2 gift cards a month if you do it everyday.

If the store supported rixty and the community's 20,000-30,000 people did a bing fund raising drive for a month it would conceivably raise $300k!

2. NeeNee

NeeNee Avatar

Does this count as spam? Rixty can be useful for those of us who use the Coinstar machines (all that change I dig out from my purse/under the car seat/etc goes to games!) but I can't support any use of Bing.

3. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

lol... my apologies if it seems like spam. I don't endorse using Bing as a search engine as much as a way to mine gift cards. :)

4. NeeNee

NeeNee Avatar

^^That's Bing's best use! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.