Goodbye

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by enderandrew, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

He has invested a lot into the community but the choice to stay is ultimately his to make. All he has to do is read the contents in the thread he started to know how people feel. Not sure a petition is needed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Sometimes it can feel like everyone is against you. I'd like this user to know that is not the case, and this is an easy way to do that. Someone's got to be positive in these forums...

3. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

enderandrew no no no
    I too was complained upon for a post... All I did was post a link for a map I found on another post and placed it on a post about cities. I was warned I too could be banned for this activity.
    I have been following following your posts since i've was first welcomed by you.
    Your posts have always been inspiring and knowledgeable. The Trolls Hate you for it, they Joy at your statement here DON'T LET THEM WIN!!!

4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Enderandrew,

listen man I've been banned and a lot of my post's have been deleted, I think all the mods know me first hand, they seem to have to talk to me a lot. I say a lot of things out of anger, there are a lot of people on here i hope to god show up in PVP! (Evil Grin) Everyone knows the name blaquerogue! I fight with a lot of people on here especially in the PVP/PVE arenas!
    So sometimes i just step away from the key board or just lurk in the forums to keep up with what is going on, when i am not fighting it out here i go play Arma2, and EQ2 and work off my anger there! Since right now there is nothing i can do but wait for this game to start!
    I understand the bias and slanted system at the moment! All to well! I don't like how the combat system is working out, i don't really like a lot of people ive met in the forums, and i see catering to those that may have spent a crazy amount of money or worship the ground the devs walk upon, but when this game starts up i will be there lurking! I have enough friends to keep me happy in this game, or run around with, or PVP with.
    Many people get on my nerves here but i am not going to let those people, or Devs ruin my game for me that i paid for! I've never spent so much on one game! Even if i hate playing this game i will play in solo online. maybe go to PVP online to search out my established foes I've found here! Ill hope that RG gets it together with PVP/PVE and comes up with some miraculous fix for it(where both sides are happy), i used to be a good (Lawful) character type before these forums, now im questioning my standings based on people I've met here! Do i keep being the Lawful type or should i be the Shady type that most of these people keep talking about as far as PVP?? So i say to you Warrior stay with us! and Drive on! You are not alone in your thoughts there are many of us that are in the same boat as you!

5. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

Very well put blaquerogue

6. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

Enderandrew, take a deep breath, have a break and think again. When you are leaving, a valued member of the community and a brave fighter of new britannia will be sadly missed.

7. crossbowsoda

crossbowsoda Avatar

There seems to be a heavy bias on the side of the mods. I'm not sure whether it's personally motivated bias, or that some of them fall prey to invective-riddled reports.

I'm sure that they're often in a 'damned-if-you-...' spot. Yet, I've seen multiple examples of poor moderation in my own experience, and by watching the threads of others.

Either way:

I've had a mod openly tell me in SotA chat that my opinion is essentially worthless. I had been talking to some people about possible bridges that cross the gap from PvE to PvP, and vice versa. Some progress was made among those of us involved.

Even so, he'd introduced himself by revealing his clear slant on the matter, and backed it with subtle aggression. I was - long story short - told to 'shut up.'

Total crap, man. To discourage an open dialogue like that and still retain an arbiter position? In SotA chat?! Total crap. An infraction like that should be zero-tolerance.

Just one of several examples. I'd once made a single raw post on a thread, only to have every one of my posts deleted - nice. Bit overzealous there.

Also, I have noticed a lack of enforcement against particular people who make unhelpful, passive aggressive remarks as their only contribution to discussion - where is the consistency? It seems that if they are pro-game-design, many just walk away unscathed. Firing back at them gets an individual moderated. This is poor management!

In any case, stay Ender. Your value far exceeds any troll's will, any shoddy modding, and certainly my own. You are an asset to this community, man.

Don't be discouraged! Keep posting. Keep fighting. Get banned before you give up!

While they may be fulfilling forun guidelibes, I'd hope that the moderators read this and ask themselves whether this intense enforcement is truly good for the game, and how they intend to go forward.

Willard, Caliya, Lord Beli and 16 others like this.
  8. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

@enderandrew I have no idea what happened, but I have been warned from the moderators before, and rightly so. It is easy to get a bit over the top when we are all so emotionally invested towards the creation of the game. I feel very enthusiastic of the idea, and pretty much everything, about this game and the community (you included) are what keeps me interested and gives me the 'illusion' of involvement.

As one of your GMs I strongly recommend taking the high ground and just take a break from it all, spend a few weeks on the guild forums, (heck we arent even safe from trolls there either).

I have been beating back a troll since we started MGT and he has been successful in harassing our every step, but I just ignore it/bring it to light with the right contacts, then move on.

Haters gona hate

9. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

I voted yes but I agree with this. It also might be best for him to take a little break from the forums before coming back.

Duke AvorinSwiftslay likes this.
  10. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I yell at him a lot but it is because I think there is hope that he'll stop being wrong on the internet about some things. ;) Everyone gets burned out sometimes. Some disagree but I think we need as many people to stay in the community as possible. We're too small to be letting the door hit people in the ass on the way out.

I've accepted my position as the crazy old aunt that people keep in the attic and get all embarrassed when she comes downstairs. It takes all kinds, you know?

11. Mata

Mata Avatar

I voted yes.

12. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Don't worry about the guy trolling MGT Davenrock, I've got my Star Citizen crossbow trained on him.

enderandrew, I yell at you all the time and you haven't quit because of me, I am offended! I am hard on you because I sometimes think we can evolve together and talk most things out. One of these days you'll learn or maybe I'll learn. BTW, I reported your OP (just kidding.)

13. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

I'm more bummed about Mordecai. :(

All I can say to Enderandrew about this is: Skepticism and cynicism are great defenses against fanboyism. With fanboyism, you assume that you're fighting the good fight for this cause you believe in, but when you cross the line, you become dismayed that the very ones you support have turned on you. When that realization hits, it stings, but you'll get over it. Carrying that optimistic fanboyism over to 'sulky' fanboyism is just another way of being a drama queen. Don't be a drama queen. Take the break you need and put things in perspective.

Anyway none of that was really my place to say, and if I said anything to offend; my apologies.

14. Mata

Mata Avatar

enderandrew,
    without you to come too close and without pestering you, do stay with us.
    with those to whom you mean something more than just angry words.
    the decision lies with you alone, of course, and we must accept this then a heavy heart.
    also should not be forgotten that this is only a pixel game.

I use in such cases always my beloved ignorebutton and he does very good work.
    :D ;)

15. selbie

selbie Avatar

Don't leave me bro!

It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt. Let the haters speak all the crap they want, we will all get our game in the end. By which time you can proceed to devour their digital corpse with a side of Chianti and fava beans :D f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-!

16. Jambo

Jambo Avatar

Yes.

Jambo

17. royalsexy

royalsexy Avatar

enderandrew is a great part of this community. I urge him to stay!

18. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

19. Mata

Mata Avatar

20. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Actually, you are not considered a member of the forums unless you have been banned. ( I've been banned 3x now ;))

Just get over it. I could be a lot worse.....

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.