Clarification on Deeds

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Azoetia Dragon, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azoetia Dragon

Azoetia Dragon Avatar

I am in the process of catching up to where everything is in development and was just looking for some clarification on deeds. I recently upgraded to Knight Marshall and I understand that I will receive the KM house plus a copy of every house beneath it. The KM pledge comes with a town deed, does it come with any other deeds I.e one of each prior or would I need to buy a separate and taxable village deed and lot deed to take advantage of those? I ask because I have noticed reference in other threads to multi-deed tiers and wondered what was meant by this. Thanks for any clarification.

Lord Trenyc likes this.
  2. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

I believe you only get the one town lot deed at that level - Lord and above now get an additional lot deed included in their pledge. The houses, as far as I understand it, you do get all the ones below your current tier. But not the land. I hope that helps!

3. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Karrolanth is correct. Knight Marshal receives only one Town deed. Secondary lot deeds begin at the Lord tier, with Lords getting a secondary Row deed and Lord Marshals getting a secondary Town deed. You can see what I mean in the pledge descriptions for any of those tiers or higher.

And welcome back! If you have any questions about any of the new information out there, feel free to ask. We're (generally) happy to help where we can. :)

Azoetia Dragon likes this.
  4. Azoetia Dragon

Azoetia Dragon Avatar

Thanks for the clarification. I will likely buy an additional row deed then. I was wanting to set up home in Pax Lair but have a small home elsewhere on the map for ease of use and to let friends use. At least I will only need the deed and not the property although with that being said the blue roof row houses look so good in the store, curse you Portalarium!

NRaas likes this.
  5. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

I know...! I just upped my pledge to Ancestor for a tiny piece of land to call my own, but I'm trying to resist the urge to buy a pretty blue-roofed house in case I can manage to work up to a village lot... ;)

NRaas and Azoetia Dragon like this.
  6. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Consider that decision carefully before you make it. Row lots will be the most plentiful type of lot in the game, and it's very likely that anyone who has one will soon look to upgrade to a larger lot size. If you have two Row lots, you might find yourself in a predicament where you're stuck holding two lots that are more or less worthless, both in terms of what you need out of your properties and in terms of how much you can get by selling them. I actually just posted about this a short while ago:

Azoetia Dragon likes this.
  7. Azoetia Dragon

Azoetia Dragon Avatar

I think it is difficult to foresee how that will pan out as on one hand you are right, a lot of people will want to upgrade their row to a full house but those are ancestors and above - I am without doubt that the massive majority of players will be well below this level and will aspire mainly to own a row home. I agree that player towns that go all in on rows will likely find it difficult to populate themselves but I hope the relative scarcity of these will ensure we don't have hex after hex of empty towns.

It is a difficult time to assess due to everyone here being an early backer with a variety of aspirations. Upon release the game will be full of new people just first coming to the game and how they approach housing may well be wholly different to how us early backers view it. Either way exciting times!

8. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Pledges aren't the only way to get houses. You will be able to buy lots and houses in-game with gold. A ton of players will be starting out with Row houses, that's true, but I that's part of the reason I expect demand for those lots to be pretty low when it comes time to sell so you can upgrade because Row lots are painfully small. I'd definitely caution you against buying a second from the Addon Store, especially since Addon Store lots will be taxed. And that's not exactly speculation. It's about as close to a certainty as economic forecasting goes, since the scope of this market is pretty small and since Row lots are both the least desirable (smallest) and least expensive lots there are.

9. Azoetia Dragon

Azoetia Dragon Avatar

It's the taxation which is giving me pause. I am a penny pincher wen it comes to in game money - I am often frugal and efficient to maximise what I can do so taxation makes me shudder! I am inclined to wait and see how rows pan out over the first few months.

10. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

That's probably a good plan. Just remember that the Addon Store lots are taxed. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.