Vanishing bonuses on next pledge tier

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Royou, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royou

Royou Avatar

This is starting to really annoy me now, trying to get a clear answer is very irritating, this is the problem I have.

I wish to upgrade my account from Lord to Lord Marshall but when I look to doing so it does not show all the bonuses I have already been given, I do not wish to have to forsake my bonuses for the upgrade. My bonus are as follows. Early Royal founder discount $100 for Lord tier, Total Paid $1535. Though this is incorrect as the Alien Ware $20 bonus has not been added and the amount should show $1560 System shows as follows.
    Includes $15 for shipping.
    Includes $25 recruit bonus.
    Includes $20 bonus. this is the Alien Ware bonus that as of yet still has not been added, as I was at the highest tier I could afford at the time, so was not added as I was not going to upgrade, with the new Marshall tier I will be upgrading)

When I go to the upgrade section it shows that for a monthly plan I will $10 over 7 months to upgrade to Lord? I am already at the lord level, which shows that it is not including the early founder discount of $100 and not including the Alien Ware $20 discount. A full payment for Lord Marshall shows a total amount to be paid of $680, with my discounts not including the cost of shipping it should show $555 to pay, I wish to pay it so that I can also get the RG birthday bonus of 10% I should be paying $499.50 if my maths are correct, if the 10% is worked out of the amount for the upgrade, could you tell me if it will be worked out on the full amount, or just on the upgrade new pledge amount? If so it would work out at a discount of $220 which would mean that I would pay $335 to get to the next tier of Lord Marshall, there is no way of me changing the full amount and I do not wish to have the excess money just sitting on my account, as you do not give refunds, so I think a plan would be the best bet to go for, but I wish to make it as my first payment, could you please tell me if my maths are correct and if I do pay the amount of $335 first payment then contact you to get the bonuses added would that solve the problem of the disappearing bonuses? I hope to get this sorted soon, and before the RG birthday bonus ends.

2. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I would send an email to support@portalarium.com. this will get an official support ticket started and they will be able to better assist you in figuring out exactly how much it will take for you to upgrade.

3. Royou

Royou Avatar

Done that mate and all they have said is this,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can help you with your pledge pricing questions.​
    April 7th, 2014 marked the end of promotional early Founder pricing. All new pledges and upgrades after April 7th, 2014 are at Benefactor prices, regardless of Benefactor/Founder/Royal Founder status. The two new tiers, Knight Marshal and Lord Marshal, were created after the early Founder pricing cut off and thus only have one price. The cost for Knight Marshal and Lord Marshal is the same for all backers, $1,200 and $2,200 respectively as are the costs for all pledges/upgrades now.​
    Your lot selection will not be changed because of this.​

As I said, still waiting for a clear answer.

Kryothan and Time Lord like this.
  4. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

The bonus is added to your pledge AFTER the upgrade to the next level. Currently we can only pledge full account upgrades, not a partial sum (not sure, if store credit gift coupons used on the pledge would make this eventually possible AND count for the bonus if applied). Good question for the Q&A. Or you buy low level pledges in the amount you need divided by 1.1 within your account and after the bonus is applied you ask Portalarium to merge those with your main. Creates unnecessary workloads for Portalarium, but they seem to want it complicated unfortunately.

And yes, if you now decide to upgrade, your financial benefit for the current pledge is basically stolen from you.

We proposed within the related threads to at least consider to bring all founder pledges to the benefactor price level of their current pledge either virtually or via pledge credit to avoid this situation, but there was kind of icy silence from Portalarium in this context, if I did not overlook something.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

5. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

That looks like a good answer as far as how the pledges work.

Sounds like you need some clarification about those bonuses though.

However, if you didn't reach Lord before the promotion ended, then you have to pay the full price for Lord to reach that pledge tier.

If this turns out to be a real issue, and not a mistake on your end, then there is likely many others who have the same issues and don't know it yet.

Kryothan, Lord Royou and Time Lord like this.
  6. Royou

Royou Avatar

Yes I did reach Lord before that time and am Lord.

And I agree with you, I think we will see more finding they have the same problem as me.

Kryothan and Time Lord like this.
  7. Sir Mike Dragon

Sir Mike Dragon Avatar

The way I understand it is that you paid $1500 for your Lord level and to get to the Lord Marshall level it's a $700 up charge. If you would have been a Benefactor Lord it would only (would only, lol) be a $600 up charge. But either way it's $2,200 total, with no taking into account that you were an early backer.

Don't take this the wrong way, because I see what you're getting at and I don't disagree that it seems off.

As far as the bonus deal going on, the whole thing confuses me and there is some nonsense about making a payment plan to try and get around it. Which tells me it wasn't intended to work that way. Between that and the bonus applying after the date and not towards the tier you're shooting for or alternatively as store credit. I support Port on most everything they do, but I'm scratching my head on this one.

8. Royou

Royou Avatar

If my maths are correct I stand to have $365 if they correct the vanishing bonuses out sitting on my account, if not $220 just sitting on my account which means that it is a big $145 two fingers that I've been given for my loyalty, which is not good.

Based on $365 sitting on my account, it would mean that I would have to pay another $635 to get to the Duke tier or just kiss the money good bye.
    Based on $220 sitting on my account, it would mean that I would have to pay another $780 to get to the Duke tier, as above just kiss it good bye.

I don't plan to go to Duke level as I can not afford it at the moment.

If they would allow me to gift the money to my partners account, that way if it was $365 she would be at Edelmann all digital tier , and $10 from Edelmann tier. Or if it was $220 sitting on my account and I could gift it to her she would be at Developer Tier with $10 sitting on her's or my account, either way we'd have a tax free Village level plot that we did not need.

As you can see some clarification is needed here!!!!

Edit * if that is the case and I can gift it to her, I don't mean to be nasty or anything but, she can dam well do the plot run herself as I'm not going through that nightmare :p

Kryothan, Crikey and Time Lord like this.
  9. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

The money bonus from founder prices do you no good since that sale is over. At this point upgrading will require you to offset the discount you had originally. They stated that you needed a payment plan before april7th if you chose to continue upgrading at the discount. Sucks but it is fair since they extended the deadline on founder an additional year.

I know your pain I lost money since I upgraded after the fact due to new rewards that I liked. But I chose to wait so that's my own problem :)

Kryothan, Time Lord and Lord Royou like this.
  10. Royou

Royou Avatar

I feel for your loss, but I made sure I was paid up way before the deadline, and only wish to upgrade as I like the new Lord marshal tier, they way I look at it, all those that made the bonus deadline should have had their accounts upgraded automatically to the correct amount after the deadline ended, because as it shows at the moment all those that made the dead line are $ under the tier that they have, and it shows that the current system is flawed, the bonus amounts should have been added to our accounts a long time ago, we'd not have this problem then.

11. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

The new bonus for the 10% won't be added till about 10 days after the sale ends. It's an extra bonus. The Alienware bonus does work and is added into the total my 2nd account shows that being a founder founder at 60.00 when I only paid 40.00.

It matters not on upgrading, the sale at founder prices is over so that extra 100.00 you saved back then, if you chose to upgrade now you have to pay it back. That's why their giving the additional 10% of your upgrade after the sale ends added to your pledge.

Kryothan and Lord Royou like this.
  12. Royou

Royou Avatar

Yes the Alienware bonus worked on my partners account, but I was at the highest tier when I clipped the bonus to my account, so it has not yet been used, and for what ever reason no matter what price plan I try just does not get added :(

Kryothan likes this.
  13. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

Well hope everything works out for you on the choice you plan to make. Hard decision to upgrade now and lose the original discount!

14. Royou

Royou Avatar

Thank you for your kind words :) I can see this going down to the wire and me having to bite the bullet and just pay the price, though when I've paid a total of $2035 in to the game over both accounts, a hit like this leaves a nasty taste in your mouth to say the least :( :(

Kryothan, Crikey and StaReaver like this.
  15. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

But you did not choose to add new pledges and alter existing pledges after the cut date.
    With what was offered at that time for that money, the most backers pledged what they wanted and could reach and made sense for them.
    Now these potentially enticed by the alterations made founders are getting the shaft only, because Portalarium changed the rules? This is carrot dangling. The real problem here is, there have been promised founder prices for pledges - for all pledges, based on certain value available for these pledges. And the decisions have been made by the founders, based on both the content of the pledges and their prices. So founders spent the founder price they could or they wanted to spend at this time.
    Now the facts have been altered single sided - the carrot for the pledge level just got bigger, and the little founder rabbit wants to jump up to get it. If the founder rabbits would have had a chance to consume their smaller carrot, the higher price level would be ok. Since the game is not launched yet, this chance has not been given. But for any further upgrade especially after changing the base for the decisions afterwards not the paid founder price for the smaller, not yet delivered carrot should have been the base level for further upgrades making the small founder rabbit to jump from a deeper trench, but the benefactor "value" of the current pledge (Lord = Lord, Baron = Baron 3 !) to level the field instead of taking away a serious benefit from founders afterwards, if they want to continue supporting the game.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

16. Sir Mike Dragon

Sir Mike Dragon Avatar

Yes, but the question I have is bonus towards what? The next tier that may be way out of your price range? At lower tiers this may be incentive to go higher, but at higher tiers not so much. But maybe this was intended, I don't know.

Kryothan, Arianna, Crikey and 3 others like this.
  17. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

I know what you mean the bonus I'm getting does nothing more than add to the possibility of my lot selection group. So if your a high end tier maybe that will boost you into one of the higher start groups.

18. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

That may be the case, but it's a choice any founder will have to make. If the rewards are what they desire then they just may, if not so be it. The game requires funding and as such this is the business plan they chose, good or bad. It's just an investment into a possible game you want to see made and the rewards you get for that investment.

19. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

A couple of questions here. Would a founder knight potentially be in a lower lot selection group than a benefactor knight? If so, are we saying that it's best to upgrade from founder knight to benefactor knight based on lot selection priority? If I upgrade to benefactor knight will I lose my founder rewards? (this may have been answered before so my apologies if it has). Should I worry that the founder rewards will be negated in a future upgrade scheme the way my tier cost rewards have been negated?

20. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

The backer tiers go from Royal Founder to Founder to Benefactor. Any rewards upgrading now will remain you will not lose backer status. It's all in the lot selection thread but it will go something like this.

Royal Founder Knight
    Grp 1
    Grp 2
    Etc

Founder Knight
    Grp 1
    Grp 2
    Etc

Benefactor Knight
    Grp 1
    Grip 2
    Etc

Kryothan, Crikey, Koldar and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.