Vanishing bonuses on next pledge tier

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Royou, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Knightowl

Andrew Knightowl Avatar

I also upgraded from Lord too Lord Marshal>Lord still shows my bonus .I will just have patience and see if they fix the issue .might be something they will do after the 4th ?

Kryothan and Lord Royou like this.
  2. Royou

Royou Avatar

This is the last reply from support, and to be honest no insult intended, but I'm starting to get that dreaded E.A support feeling where they just refuse to acknowledge that fact that you have a point.

Thank you for your reply. As stated, after April 7th, everyone is required to pay Benefactor prices for upgrades or new purchases. This was advertised heavily for weeks, if not months, leading up to the April 7th deadline. With regard to how much you should pay, I see that you currently have a Lord pledge of $1,535 which includes $45 in bonuses. The price (for all backers) for Lord Marshal is $2,200. Thus, to upgrade to this tier, the price is $665. Similarly, if you wished to upgrade to Baron 3, the price for everyone is now $3,800 instead of $3,600.​
    You have not lost a “Royal Founder discount.” You are still a Founder Lord at $1,535. If you had lost this “discount” you would be Knight until you reached $1,600. However, the promotional grace period to upgrade to tiers at lower costs simply has ended.​
    Please let me know if I can assist you with anything further.​

I'm not asking to upgrade at a lower cost, I'm asking why I should have to pay the $100 that I got as a bonus? That should be showing my account at lord level, and not at phantom Lord level, so I should be able to upgrade at the £600 cost to the next level, I'm not asking for handouts or special treatment, I'm happy to pay the benefactor price, I just want to know why the system sees me at $100 short of Lord level, when it should see me at Lord level and just be charging me the $600 and not $700 that it wants to charge me, now is that asking too much?

3. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

I have to agree with Port on this. The best example I can give is this…

I go to a store and buy an item (let’s call it a Widget Mk 1) that is normally $100 on sale for $90. Next week they release the Widget Mk 2 for $200. I take my Mk 1 back and ask to upgrade to the Mk 2… they aren’t going to credit me for $100… only the $90 I actually spent. So I have to come up with an additional $110.

The misconception I think most people have is that the founder prices were indefinite. They were not. Even if they had not come out with the new tiers, anyone that wanted to upgrade after the sale would have had to come up with the extra money to go to the next existing tier. To go from a Founder Lord to a Baron 3 after the sale meant going from $1500 to $3800. The sale is over so the new prices are in effect. The Founder Lord was not credited with paying $1600… just the $1500. There is not an invisible $100 on the Founder Lord account, they did not give this as a bonus… it was a discount. There's a big difference.

4. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Because you are not at the $1,600 Lord level like all other benefactors. Your founder status granted you a discount of $100 at the Lord level which makes you a $1,500 Lord. Founder prices are no longer in the system, so that is why you see a $1,600 Lord tier.

Basically you need to separate your thoughts a bit and look at it like this, you are cashing in your lords pledge worth $1,535 for a new lords marshal pledge worth $2,200 that is a difference of $665. As for the %10, that will take a little more math work.

Also you was curious on how you could move extra pledge funds to other family members, Portalarium has saids you could melt your pledge into smaller pledges and the you can gift these pledges. So if you have over payed, you can ask Port to put those extra funds in a new pledge that you can gift. Then the recipient could merge pledges if they already have one

Lord Royou and cartodude like this.
  5. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

What does your account page currently show? $1535? The current price for a Lord Marshal is $2200 no matter when you backed the game. Your total amount pledged must equal $2200 before you will be considered a Lord Marshal.

You don't get a stealth boost to the current value of a benefactor pledge, you only receive credit for what you have donated and any bonuses you have acquired (like recruiting).

To find the total you must increase your pledge by, you subtract how much your account page shows from the level you want to be. If your account page shows $1535, you would subrract that from $2200, and that is the amount you must increase you pledge by. There may be additional charges too, if you split the payment across several months you will incur a monthly transaction fee that does not count towards your pledge.

6. Royou

Royou Avatar

I disagree with you, I've not taken anything back and am not asking for a refund, I just want to purchase the next tier up, which is $600, why should I have to pay $700 for the privilege of doing that? I will give you an example, I go buy a new sports car for $45000 when I go into the store they are selling at a 10% discount making the car only $39500 wow what a great deal, I then insure that car for...... you guessed it $45000 which is what the car is worth to be replaced as the offer was a one time deal, so to replace the car it would cost me $45000. So why is my Lord level tier only valued at $1500 when it's a lord level tier and should be valued at $1600, I am not asking for a discount price I will pay the $600 cost to the next tier, what I want is my Lord level Tier to be recognised for the level and value that it is. You starting to get my point here?

7. Sir Mike Dragon

Sir Mike Dragon Avatar

I understand the thinking here, and I can see their logic on it. I was also a proponent of adding the new tiers, however the timing of things makes it a bit unfortunate. However, they are going to lose out on some people jumping up to those new tiers because of that implied discount loss. While I would have been on the fence about jumping up to Lord Marshall, this reason alone is enough to stay where I'm at. At least for now, I'm an impulse buyer so who knows down the road. :)

8. Royou

Royou Avatar

Ok I see what your saying, but when it comes to lot selection which will be based on amount of $ paid all the Royal founders that got the discounted prices will by your definition go after the benefactors as they paid less $, now ain't that a kick in the teeth!

Kryothan likes this.
  9. Sir Mike Dragon

Sir Mike Dragon Avatar

Actually the tier type trumps the amount paid, so Founders will always be before benefactors regardless of amount. It it wasn't there would be a full blown riot. So early founders and then their amount, founders and theirs then benefactors and their amount.

Kryothan, Crikey, Arianna and 2 others like this.
  10. Royou

Royou Avatar

I agree with you, the only thing that takes a little sting out of the situation is the 10% bonus, but the more I think about it the more likely I will be stay where I am at Lord level, and be watching the chaos when it comes to lot selection and all us Royal founders find that we did not have the prime position that we thought we had as we'd paid less $

Kryothan likes this.
  11. Royou

Royou Avatar

Lets hope that they are true to their word then o_O ;)

Kryothan and Sir Mike Dragon like this.
  12. Sir Mike Dragon

Sir Mike Dragon Avatar

If not, then I'll sell my account and have a bunch of new Mustang parts on order. I'd call that a win/win! ;)

13. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

Insurance is not a good example... that's what some third party says your car is valued at... if you took the car back to the dealer and ask for a refund they wouldn't give you $45,000. You still only paid $39,500 and that's what the car dealer will credit you for. Founder Lords only got a discount of $100... not a $100 bonus. You are supposing 'value' is the same as 'paid'... two different concepts. You paid Port $1500... sure it's normally a $1600 value but you still only paid them $1500 and they will only credit you for paying that... if it was the other way every store in the world would soon be out of business with people buying things on sale and returning them for full price.

14. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I don't think there's much worry about where the different tiers will be picking. Every proposed lot selection that I've seen has always gone tiers first. The current public, not dev+ , lot selection post plan has priority selection sorted first by tiers then pledge amount. Royals have been first in all the latest proposals, they claim first. Next founders will claim. And benefactors claim next.and add-store and second plot claims go last. Inside each tier your claim time is determined by pledge amount. Those that have overpaid go before that that have just their enough to hit their pledge amount. The actual boundaries that sort those that overpaid into groups is not made public. The overall gist is that pledge tiers have priority over pledge amounts.

cartodude likes this.
  15. Royou

Royou Avatar

Well you will just continue to split hairs no matter what example is given you, insurance may have been a bad example, but it does not get away from the fact that no matter what you are paid back and from whom, it will still cost you $45000 to replace the car like for like, but I don't see much point in continuing the conversation with you if you split hairs just to argue the point.

I am at a tier that cost me less, but I am still at the tier regardless of how I got there or how much it cost me, then why does the system not say to get to the next tier it will cost you $600, that I got to that tier by a discount price should not even be a factor here, it should be the price to the next tier, so as I and others have said, those that wish to climb higher up the tier tree just have to suck it up, and look at that we never got a discount in the first place, lets just call it as we see it, a big fat CARROT, one that I'm more than likely going to ignor for the taste is just to bitter sweet.

16. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

I'm not splitting hairs as you say... I'm just pointing out how no business that I know of gives you credit for a discounted amount. I agree that Port made a mistake in not allowing founders to continue getting a discount. it would have been good business to do that at a relationship level. We both see that $100 differently... you see it as a bonus that you are entitled to and I see it as a discount. And we can leave it at that. Port has the final word and they see it as a discount for now. Maybe they'll change their minds.

17. Royou

Royou Avatar

I don't see it as a bonus, that is what Port called it, and I don't want a discount price, I'm happy to pay full price, and it's not about the $100, it's the fact that I'm supposedly at the Lord tier, when in fact I am not at that tier at all if I wish to upgrade to the next tier, the system is looking at that $ contributed and not the level that the person is at, if it looked at the tier instead of the $ value, then I'd be paying the correct $600 to get to the next tier, the cost to go from Lord to Lord Marshal is $600, I am at Lord level Tier regardless of how I got there, so the system should charge me the amount of $ that it will cost to go from Lord tier to Lord Marshal tier, that amount is $600, that is the point I am trying to make, we are at that tier why won't the system recognise that fact, then the bonuses or discounts that people have been given will not be factored in at all.

Kryothan, Olahorand and Arianna like this.
  18. Royou

Royou Avatar

Time will tell ;)

Kryothan likes this.
  19. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

The discount won't be factored in because they ended the sale in April. Like I said, they probably should have extended the discount for founders indefinitely but they didn't. They made it clear back in April that the discounted prices would be done. They unfortunately then came out with new tiers after the sale was done. It's really a shame they did not come out while the sale was still on. The fact remains that the discount is no longer available so everyone now has to pay the full price . BTW you are at the Lord Tier... you get all the benefits of that tier and you got to pay less for it. It's unfortunate that they did not allow founder pricing to continue until game launch for founders only. That should have been one of the benefits of being a founder but they've decided for some reason it's not and now just consider it a discount.

20. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Check your account page, if it saids Lord then you are a Lord no matter how much you payed.

From what i can tell is you are a Lord at $1,500. You are NOT a $1,600 Lord, You did not pay Portalarium to be a $1,600 Lord and you are not entitled for them to give it to you. If you do not understand this then there is nothing anyone in this thread can say to you that you will understand. You payed $1,500 when Lords was sold at a discount, next tier cost $2,200 with a grand total difference of $700.

cartodude likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.