Vanishing bonuses on next pledge tier

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Royou, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

I agree with Royou, that it would have been fair play to customers to take the current pledge tier plus any money on top of it as upgrade base, if it comes to upgrade the pledges, but taking the former discount now as a plus to what you have to pay, is not.

I wonder what Portalarium hopes to win from that kind of handling former discounts.
    In my opinion it looks that way:
    Sacking in what once was a discount from their early customers, if they decide to upgrade, creates customer frustration.
    Blocking intentions of others of these customers to eventually upgrade to a higher tier due to the taken away discount reduces the potential income. Since usually the difference to the next tier between founder prices and current prices is higher than the discount, the founder got for his current tier, Portalarium will even lose more money from players blocking upgrades due to this,
    So it will be a zero game for Portalarium eventually, but one result, which cannot be intended, are unhappy customers.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

2. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

You guys are looking way too into this. This is how things work in the real world. You can't buy an Iphone 4 on sale for $200 (regular price $500) and then expect to trade it in for $500 credit towards a Iphone 5. It just doesn't work that way. The introductory price of $1,500 for Lord has expired. If you want to move up to the next tier, which is $2,200 you will have to pay the difference. This is so simple it is maddening.

I guess it is all Portalariums fault for offering a discount in the first place.

cartodude likes this.
  3. Royou

Royou Avatar

Feel like I'm banging my head against a wall here, a Lord is a Lord, do I get any extra benefits for being a $1600 Lord? no, will it get me any higher up the lot selection? no, I'll just has to score this one up to experience and move one, if I do upgrade before the end of RG Birthday bonus, I can look at it as at least I'm getting that and my partners account can be upgraded as a bonus.

Kryothan likes this.
  4. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Yes you DO get benefits for being a Founder Lord @ $1,600. You get lot placement over the $1,500 Founder Lords. There is value there, and Portalarium isn't just going to give you $100.

cartodude and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  5. Royou

Royou Avatar

I do understand what is being said, there is no need for you to be insulting, if you can not offer constructive criticism, then please be so kind to keep your insulting comments to yourself

Kryothan likes this.
  6. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

If you find that insulting then report me and get it deleted because you know that wasn't my intent.

Back on topic,

From https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/lot-selection-sequence-process.11466/
    • What will be the SORT ORDER?
      • Tier
        • Era (Royal Founder, Founder, Benefactor)
          • Pledge Amount
    As you can see, pledge amount effects lot placement.

cartodude likes this.
  7. Royou

Royou Avatar

Your wrong about that, I'm a Royal Founder and go before them.

Kryothan likes this.
  8. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

And you will place BEHIND any Royal Founder who pledges more money than you I.E. pledging $1,600

9. Royou

Royou Avatar

There you go again, don't presume to know me, and don't presume to know what I'm thinking, I was and am insulted by your comment, at least have the honour and decency to apologise for it, instead of now being rude.

Kryothan likes this.
  10. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Fact of the matter is, A $1,500 Royal Founder Lord, is NOT the same thing as:
    a $1,600 Royal Founder Lord = gets lot placement over any other Royal Founder Lords who pledges <=$1,599
    a $1,600 Founder Lord = gets lot placement after Royal Founders but before any Founder Lord who spends <=$1,599
    a $1,500 Founder Lord = Gets lot placement before ANY Benefactor Lords
    a $1,600 Benefactor Lord = places last after everyone else.

Those are all different with different perks.

And thats why you must spend $700 to reach the next tier.

Sir Mike Dragon and cartodude like this.
  11. Beli

Beli Avatar

Well Lord Royou I am in the same boat as you. I am going to jump before the 4th. I cashed in my my store bought stuff which comes to 140 so I will subtract that from the 700 which brings it down to 560 for me to get to Lord Marshall, Then my pledge will be at 2200, Then when they add the 10%, which I hope is 10% of 2200, would raise my pledge 2420 which would be 1380 short of becoming a barron.

Kryothan and Lord Royou like this.
  12. Sir Mike Dragon

Sir Mike Dragon Avatar

I was about to argue the iPhone analogy with you as flawed, but your current argument is sound.

Duke Gréagóir and Gracekain like this.
  13. Duke Olahorand

For me the decision base is, that I am RF Baron 3 for 3600$.
    More money than I ever intended to spend, but I did to support Richard Garriotts game.
    The next upgrade step would be Duke - a pledge tier, which just got much more interesting with the change of the lot size.
    But will I go that step? I assume I will not. (One can never guarantee forever, situation may change ...)
    So basically the 200$ discount, which Portalarium gave me for the Baron pledge at founder price will eventually cost them 1500$, which they would get from me, if they would use the current Baron pledge TIER base price instead of the Baron pledge paid price as the base line for upgrade to new pledges. Would be only fair, since it is no more than a virtual title until now.
    My son is RF Knight currently, whom I could promote to Knight Marschal eventually. Here its only 50$ which Portalarium takes away, if the account is upgraded, which will cost them 400$ potential pledge money.
    A friend of mine is Founder Lord, from what he told me he will also reject the upgrade due to this reason.
    Maybe its German/Middle European mentality.
    My last word about the topic in this thread.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

Kryothan, StarLord and Lord Royou like this.
  14. Royou

Royou Avatar

I probably will also, am just so annoyed with Port at the moment, this is all the path leading from your plot to your lighthouse miss-understanding all over again, it's starting to get just a little more than irritating, wish they'd think things through a lot more than they are doing.

Stop calling incentives bonuses/discounts, stop all the "hey we'll give you your pledge at a discounted price, if you buy before such and such a date" and then after that date say " hey you know that pledge you made, well it's not as good as this new pledge as the guy that get's it now will be before you, I'd get it quick so you don't lose out" I'd rather not have had the poxy discount in the first place. I'm just going to upgrade and be done with it, but if they do anything else like this, then I'm going to sell both accounts, and treat my Misses to a nice holiday with the money instead, comes a point when you think enough is enough and I'm quickly reaching that point, just wish Port would stop with all the stupid games and play on words.

Kryothan and StarLord like this.
  15. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Just because you misinterpret the situation and refuse to listen to those who try to reason with you doesn't mean Portalarium has done anything wrong.

Cabrens and cartodude like this.
  16. Royou

Royou Avatar

:confused: o_O o_O o_O o_O :confused:

Kryothan likes this.
  17. Parallaxe

Parallaxe Avatar

I completely see your point, Lord Royou, but I think the explanation is very simple:

Your statements are based on the concept

"To get from pledge level X to pledge level Y I have to pay an addtional amount Z".

A relative/additive view.

But what Portalarium has applied is an absolute concept:

"To get from pledge level X to pledge level Y you have to pay/reach the fixed price for the pledge level Y.
    No matter where you are coming from".

An absolute view.

You are right: If you as a Royal Founder decide to go for pledge level Y, you will have to pay exactly the same fixed price as a benefactor. No matter where you are coming from pledge-wise. If you look at it from a relative point, then yes, you have "lost" your Royal Founder savings. But Portalarium has decided to apply an absolute view, therefore your pledge starting-point is irrelevant if upgrading to one of the new benefactor pledge levels /-:

Kryothan and Lord Royou like this.
  18. Duke Olahorand

In many companies selling items and services the slogan is "The customer is king." But not so here, it seems. At least this is the feeling I get from this debate and kind of handling an issue, which should not have been an issue at all. (Yes we know, Lord British is king ...)

*Salute*
    Olahorand

19. Royou

Royou Avatar

I've been reading your post over the last day, and I don't want to rub you up the wrong way or aggravate you as I'm not like that, but you come a cross as very opinionated in your writing and unwavering in your views, which is your preogative, there was something about your writing style that kept pulling at a few memories I have from UO Stratics from over 10 years ago, then it struck me you write very similar to a UO Stratic's Mod and she also designed Sig's for people very good ones at that as are yours, I've been trying to remember her name and all I can come up with is Sarsin but that does not sound right, so I will be more direct and just ask, were you a mod for UO Stratic's and are you the Mod I am thinking of?

I would like to have peace between us but that is all on you, and I will respect your views.

Kryothan likes this.
  20. Royou

Royou Avatar

Just thought you may find this interesting.
    What is the TIER ORDER?
    • Tier order would start at the most expensive tiers and work backwards
    • Dollar amount over minimum pledge amount will grant priority by being sorted into groups (i.e. NOT literally per dollar but rather greater/less than)
    • Total dollar amount will never get you sorted before another tier nor before another era (i.e. it is the last sort variable)

Kryothan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.