Vanishing bonuses on next pledge tier

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Royou, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Korvash

Sir Korvash Avatar

This might be a better example to give;

And regarding the cost to upgrade to Lord Marshal, it will/should cost you $665. The reason being is, you were sold a $1600 pledge, for $1500, as well as receiving the other numerous rewards for being and early founder. And pledge tiers are based entirely on money that the player has put into their pledge level . You have put in $1535, which got you the Royal Founder Lord at the time.

To give an example myself. You go and buy a new computer. You get the XYZ as it was on sale, normally, $1600, but got it for $1500 and they gave you a few printer. You then change your mind and take it back to get a different one, and get the ABC, which is $2200. Even though the sale on the first computer has ended, they give you a refund for the $1500 you paid on the original computer, take the printer back, and charge you $700 for the new computer.

This is exactly how it works with upgrading pledges, except you get to keep the printer :p The wording is not the best, but what they effectively do, is refund your old pledge and put that money towards the new one, without taking any of the bonus' away from you from the previous ones.

Gracekain likes this.
  2. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Yes, I can see Port's logic here. It's valid logic. And maybe it's too late now for them to change to the relative view, maybe not. They may not have thought about the relative view when they drafted this. Who knows?

But....my opinion is that the relative view is the correct view with respect to customer handling, as opposed to bottom-line dollars. The Founder and Royal Founders were given a discount as a perq/reward/thank you for pledging early. I worked for many years in charge of customer service for a national company, and one thing I learned is that all the real/valid logic in the world is of no value whatsoever if the customer feels slighted, when they feel their sense of fairness & square dealing is violated, and when it concerns their wallets.

By going with the absolute bottom line concept, with it costing X more to upgrade, it is now the Benefactors who are getting a perq/reward/thank you (?) for........not sure. They can upgrade at a discount over the Founders and Royal Founders. Granted it isn't true in the absolute sense, but from a customer's point of view, that is the appearance and is also the wallet's bottom line.

As I said, it may be too late for them to backtrack on this, I don't know, but I think the best way to have handled it would have been to take the value of the level, set aside the original discount(s) and/or dollar amounts on account over the value, compute the new amount to pay, then reapply the original discount(s) and dollar overages. The result being what that person needs to pay. No new discount on the price difference of course since the time is past, but no loss or nullification of the original discount(s).

3. Royou

Royou Avatar

OMG why do you people keep talking about refunds? who's asking for a refund I'm not, let me point something out, I paid $1500 a discounted price to get to Lord level which should have got me to Lord level, then Port put the price up to $1600 how is that my fault, I paid my money before the dead line ergo I got to lord level, they stopped the discount instead of making all those that took up the offer to the tier that they had paid to get to albeit at a discount price they still were at that level, with the removal of the discount it meant that all those that took the offer were no longer at that level they had paid for, (yes before you say it the system did see us at the correct level, until an upgrade was purchased, then it took it away) as the system now saw them short of their discount, let me tell you something, if the discount was still in place all I would have had to pay is....... yep you got $600 the same price that a benefactor would pay, so how am I getting the upgrade at a cheaper discounted price? I'm not I have actually paid more to upgrade, as the discount has ended, and the system is wrong any way as when I upgraded yesterday it charged me $680 go figure! so what other phantom bonus did they take off now?

I paid $1500 for Lord, $15 for shipping, had a $25 recruit bonus, and an Alienware $20 bonus which was never added as I linked it to my account after I'd paid to upgrade to Lord, that all totals up to $1560 yet the system only shows $1535 so the recruitment bonus must be the bonus that was not added, though I don't understand that as the Alienware bonus could only be added on an upgrade, which I was not going to go above Lord, so would never have been added till an upgrade had be gone for, until Lord Marshall I was going to stay where I was, now I have sent in a ticket for this to be sorted out but tbh with you I really am losing faith that it will be. Just to point out one more time I was never at any point wanting or looking for a refund just an upgrade!!!!!

Now to point out one more thing, my example was the correct example to show, because if you had read the Quote you would have seen that it was in reference to Gracekin saying "As you can see, pledge amount effects lot placement" the whole lot section was not needed.

Kryothan and Parallaxe like this.
  4. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Because it is fact, and not my opinion or beliefs. I have been wrong in the past, and not afraid to omit it, but in this case I am not.

Curt and cartodude like this.
  5. Sir Korvash

Sir Korvash Avatar

I never once said YOU were asking for a refund, I was using it as part of the example. Its all a background process that the pledger has no knowledge of.

And Port never put the price up, they just removed the $100 'sale' price, which is why i used the example i did. and as you said yourself "I paid $1500 a discounted price to get to Lord level which should have got me to Lord level" and you ARE lord level. However, to upgrade to Lord Marshal, you have to pay $2200. its as simple as that. So you pay the $665 that was quote to you, by Portalarium. Expecting them to just add $100 to your pledge, and everyone else along the lines, after they stopped the founders account, is just not going to happen.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  6. Royou

Royou Avatar

I will give up on an apology from you as your arrogance is palpable, I can not see us ever getting on not ever!

You say it is fact yet I still have not seen you prove that point, being right or wrong without the hard fact's is a perspective, and in mine and others your are wrong, how can you say it is fact when what you posted came from a statement from Starr where he wrote at the top this,
    • NOTE: These are not the actual numbers! These are merely for illustrative purposes.
    For example

ROYAL FOUNDER LORDS & LORD MARSHALS:
    • Group 1 = Full 104 hours (+ time until launch day)
      1. Royal Founders (pre May 20, 2013 Backers)
      2. Total Pledge > $2500 (over minimum pledge amount)
      3. 20 Backers
    This line should be an indication, I'd like to know how if it is fact that the sum of $2500 can be pledged when that tier only goes up to $2200, star has already said that shop add-ons will not count towards pledge amounts, so he is correct where he say for illustrative purposes, not fact! as you claim.

Well let it be know that I tried to let bygones be bygones.

Well I see that you have an admirer in cartodude ;)

Kryothan likes this.
  7. Royou

Royou Avatar

That is correct you never said it, but I did not name you directly did I, I said you people, and I'm sorry if you felt any insult, it was not directed at you directly.

:confused:Price was $1500 then went to $1600 where I come from thats a price rise ;) and for the record once again I'm not expecting them to give or add $100, I want them to recognise mine and others lords pledges as Lord pledges, not nearly lord pledges when it comes to upgrades, all Royal founder pledges for that matter.

o_O $665 :confused: did I not say that the system charged me $680! so paying the $665 that they quoted me still would not have gotten me there would it now!

Kryothan likes this.
  8. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

My question is why is this thread still going? The answer was already given. Nothing said is going to change the fact that you bought a Royal founder lord for 1,500.00. You have that and that's the money you placed in. Now if you want to go to Lord Marshal you need exact change to cover that gap which is 665.00 since your at 1535.00. The pledge may be 1,600.00 and you feel you deserve that but you only paid 1,500.00 so that's all you receive in store credit when upgrading. You will remain a Royal Founder Lord at least whether or not you upgrade to Lord Marshal. But that extra hundred isn't going to magically appear.

Too much bickering in this thread, it's your own choice to upgrade or not. Something you need to decided, but why flame up the boards. Enough is enough.

I vote to close this topic.

cartodude, Gracekain and Cabrens like this.
  9. Royou

Royou Avatar

Ok so I'm just supposed to read the answers and not reply, is that what you are saying? and be insulted and not tell the person that I feel insulted? but point taken it does need to cool down a notch or two.

Could you be so kind as to point me to where you say that question has been answered as I seem to have missed it, and as I said I have already upgraded and the system charged me $680 not $665, and the reason I am still answering is for those that are undecided, as I and others feel slighted and roughly treated, we were given a deal that at the time looked good, but which now looks very much like a white elephant, and if slot selection is going to go on $ then there are going to be a lot of very angry people that feel they have been screwed over.

Kryothan likes this.
  10. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

At some point you, someone needs to be the better person and stop messaging, after I tried to assist you the other day all I've seen so far is bickering and both sides not wanting to take a step back and cool off from being stubborn.

Your answer:

"The money you put in out of your pocket is the money you have for upgrading, if I put 1,500 in and got my Royal Founder Duke that's my store credit when upgrading meaning I still need that 10,500.00 to go to LOTM, doesn't matter what the pledge price was when you bought it or what pledge listed you currently have, what came out of your wallet is what you have in credit towards the new tier, discounts, coupons, whatever doesn't matter"

Which is why instead of arguing, you should figure out if you financially want to spend that money, and if that's the right choice. Bricking with these others won't solve anything, mods have answered, Port has given email replies, what more can be asked.

Kryothan, Lord Royou and Gracekain like this.
  11. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

You just can't reason with those who just do not wish to see the truth. In the end you will just be unhappy and disappointed that you were too naive to learn how the system works. I just pray you learn before it is too late.

cartodude likes this.
  12. Royou

Royou Avatar

I will turn the other cheek and walk away, I tried earlier to raise the hand of peace, but then let my annoyance get the better of me and for that I apologise for my actions and words, thank you StaReaver for your sage words.

As for my answer I'm still waiting on a reply from Port, but can see that hitting a wall and dead end.

I can and will concede that point, if it cost's $2200 to get to Lord Marshall then that's what it cost's, it's just very annoying to pay to get to a point to find out that your not quite at the point you think you are, you buy anything with a discounted price does not mean that you don't get it, you just get it for less than those that did not take up the offer, but as I said to find out that you did not have what you thought or were told that you have , in the UK that would be classed and sold not as described. That is all I have left to say about it.

I have upgraded as I wanted the crafting tables and the extra tax free village plot for my partners account.

Khloec and Kryothan like this.
  13. Beli

Beli Avatar

Time to move on,Point has been made.

14. Royou

Royou Avatar

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to any and all those that I have and may have offended during this thread and to Portalarium, why the apology you may ask, I let my annoyance and temper get the better of me, which has not happened for a long time, that is not an excuse as I should have controlled myself better, I feel so passionate about this game that I did not hold myself in check, and am now feeling the guilt for my rude and aggressive words and tone of writing. I'm still a little sore about the Lord incentive, but this is not the time or place to drag that up again, so forget I mentioned it. No what got me to write this, is the fact that I was looking at the add-on store thinking of replacing the items that I converted to store credit for the upgrade I purchased yesterday, I was looking at the 3 cape package, and had a quick flash of a memory where I am certain that I used a bonus to purchase it, and I'm more sure that it was the recruitment bonus, which would make the $680 for the upgrade yesterday correct, if you add the Alienware $20 discount it reduces the $700 needed for the upgrade........................*deep breath* as of the Lord bonus being out of date to $680, so if I am correct in this memory, it would mean that I paid the needed amount to take me to the next tier, just have this nagging feeling that it was on my partners account that I used a bonus to purchase something, but will have to wait and trust support's verdict of this.

Once again I am sorry for my churlish behaviour is answering some of the post's.

Arianna, Kryothan, Khloec and 6 others like this.
  15. Rodriguez

Rodriguez Avatar

I somewhat dislike the examples given here as they make people who don't like how the things are handled look foolish.
    Here is my example that I feel conveys the feelings better:

A new budget sport car is introduced and the first 100 people who order one only pay 29000 € instead of the final price of 30k. I would feel quite happy if I managed to be one of the first hundred! Half a year later, still way before the car is in my hands, there is a new promotion: The producer now teams up with Bose for the sound systems and you can get it for only 5000€ if you order it in the next few weeks! But wait... The car manufacturer doesnt charge 5000€ for the sound system but says: The car with the Bose system costs 35000€ as an introductory price!

If I really want the sound system I would feel pretty bad if I were one of the first 100...

Bodhbh Dearg, Lord Royou and Kryothan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.