I am a member of multiple guilds! what do I do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DavenRock, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

"For a player that enjoys all the different aspects of gameplay then being able to join multiple guilds lets them have a guild which caters to that aspect of gameplay which they can represent when engaging in that activity." - Bluestone [*]

"It could be like the GW2 guild system where you can chose which guild to represent while the others are just kind of on standby and you can swap between them at will. Personally I'll probably just stick with this guild only." -Rikkoki [*]

Even though those quotes aren't from this forum, the question remains the same.

Is there going to be support for multiple guilds per toon?

XD

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  2. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

Well, some of the pledges now have 3 player slots.....one for each of your personalities. :)

Celestial Knight and DavenRock like this.
  3. Avatar Aiden

At this point guilds are just clubs or social groups. No data yet on how they will be implemented in-game.

DavenRock likes this.
  4. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

It works well in GTA V lol

5. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Yeah, we're missing too much information.

1) To the extent that there's a faction / alignment system, that may force your hand.
    2) Depending on what they do for a guild war system, you might be restricted on only being in one PvP guild. But we have no idea what this means.
    3) There may be other mechanics such as guild xp, guild achievements, etc.
    4) Many games allow you to just build a custom chat channel. So if the guild mechanics aren't useful or are too restrictive, you can just ignore them. A group looking to RP or discuss crafting may have no reason to formally make a guild.

I would be against having different characters in different guilds. To me this goes against the shared reputation concept.

DavenRock likes this.
  6. smack

smack Avatar

That's exactly why they're allowing multiple character slots: so you can RP different professions (and even races). Your reputation follows all characters so there's no conflict here.

7. selbie

selbie Avatar

Star Citizen has the ability to set Main and Affiliate memberships. That could be one system for people to focus their attention on one group while at the same time allowing for membership in multiple guilds.

As to whether this is tied to individual characters or your whole account, that would be up for debate. Would the reputation system tie into this somehow?
    I don't exactly know what reputation actually means in this game. Is it to do with the virtues?

DavenRock likes this.
  8. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

I know there are Kindred, Friends, and Guildmates. Maybe MGT could be a Kindred and Bear Tavern could be the guild??? Assuming they don't allow multiple memberships per toon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.