1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

New Pledge Rewards, New Pledge Tiers, Player Owned Towns & Stretch Goal Store Megapost

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Cool story.

Anyway putting this back on thread, I really like the new tiers and new add-on store items which is why I bought a village and I think I might upgrade my pledge later tonight.

2. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

I like them as well. But I do think the stretch goals SHOULD be tied to the amount you pledged. That would probably make it a little more worthwhile.

Kaisa and Olahorand like this.
  3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I'm not a fan of the current stretch goals, can't remember whether it was in the thread or another I do question the actual target.....I think it kind of puts people off.....too much of a stretch to get there.

Kaisa and Death-Knell like this.
  4. Eligor

Eligor Avatar

Having been away for a while, I was pleasantly surprised to check the site and see all of the extra pledge rewards :)

5. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

I didn't write it with sarcasm in mind though, but it can be interpreted so.

I am quite certain I would buy a set of mirrors for the convenience they would offer.
    I am equally quite certain I will not buy into any of the stretch goals in the stretch store.

Time Lord and Olahorand like this.
  6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The mirror sets you posted would be a very powerful tool only useful to those owning property... and not only owning property, but owing multiple properties.
    An advantage, and a large advantage, reserved not only for the elite, but the elite among the elite.
    I would oppose any such Add-On Store item.
    I will oppose any 'fast travel' mechanism beyond the Overland Map and a "Recall Home" ability available to any avatar, that allows teleportation to a single, point that may be re-set. The point of recall must be visited by the Avatar to set it.

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  7. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

Oh I disagree, those are not elitist in any way.
    Powerful and useful they might be, for modern(er) times, like now.
    But not elitist.
    They would be just as useful for a person owning 2 row lots from the addon store, which in my view are super excellent value for money.

And the family variant even less elitist, just a bit more expensive.
    Two friends grouped as family, with a row lot each could teleport to each others house and have fun.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Then we have differing definitions of elite.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

So it would seem.
    But thats ok :)
    It would be a boring world if all think the same.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Sir Mike Dragon

Sir Mike Dragon Avatar

I like this idea, this was used by Clerics in EQ (Bind Affinity), and doesn't require anyone to have a house. It should also require you to not be in combat or be interrupted for say 5-10 seconds to keep from being exploited (especially for PvP), and can be limited from "binding" in areas deemed by the Devs. Also great when your in a dungeon and your wife is yelling at you to get off the computer. Ok maybe that's just me. ;)

11. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

I have to agree with him. Being able to teleport between houses at a whim would give a huge advantage to people owning multiple properties, especially if those properties are intentionally placed near key POIs that are otherwise difficult to reach.

However, we don't know yet what transportation options will exist in-game. If travel is as easy as it was with UO's rune / Recall system, this would be much less of an issue. I'm under the impression that travel in SotA will not be so easy or fast. Who knows... no details yet. :p

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I like the /house teleport. However I would like to see it only work in non-combat situations. If you've been in combat, let there be at least a 5 minute cool down on the use of that ability, and let it be totally disabled in contested zones like control points, or inside dungeons. A player should find his way out of a dungeon before using a /house teleport.

I don't mind the teleporter to various locations. If there are good locations to have a house then a person who strategically purchased these lots should have the benefit of teleporting to their house in these strategic locations. It helps those who get good house placements, and also might raise the property value of certain cities.

**TO BE FAIR TO NON HOUSE OWNERS**

So that all players can have the opportunity to use this /house type teleport (even if they don't own a house), they should let there be a /guild command to teleport to your guild-house t00. That way if you don't have a house, all you need to do is be a member of a guild, and then you can teleport back to the guild house.

Numa, Olahorand and Time Lord like this.
  13. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

*cough* mark/recall *cough*

Time Lord, licemeat and Lord Baldrith like this.
  14. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Funniest thing I read all year :D

herradam likes this.
  15. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

RG said that we will be able to recall or something similar to that. However we will only be able to teleport to places that we have visited before. So I don't think it is going to be like a mark spell that we are accustomed to.

However the thing about /house is something separate from a teleport spell. That's why I also think a /guild would be nice too.

Time Lord and licemeat like this.
  16. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

If the /house gets implemented, it's going to have to somehow accommodate those that have more than one land deed.

I really do hope they add in teleporting...I'd hate to have to walk everywhere.

Time Lord and Lord Baldrith like this.
  17. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

They are. Lord British popped into Firelotus's tavern in R6, and he sat down on top of the bar, and let some of us ask questions. He told us that there definitely will be teleporting, but only to places we have been. He said that was for story reasons, so we don't teleport to places we haven't been yet and ruin something in the plot.

So nobody can mark a rune and give it to you and you can teleport there. However we can teleport to a place we have been before. That's how the D&D spell of that kind works.

Numa, Olahorand and Time Lord like this.
  18. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I mistakenly put up a house on the new island in R7. I take back every thing I said about a hex being small. Just wanted to note that after taking the ferry back to the island, even knowing where my house was placed, it took so long to get there that I abandoned my attempt to decorate because the trip back to town to buy supplies was exhausting. Without a teleporter of some type, I will not be placing my permanent residence out in the boonies no matter how interesting or pretty the location. Perhaps there will be more ferry dock locations in the future, but for now the trip from the ferry up the paths, over the beaches, and through the water is just too involved. I have to say though that I was impressed with the area. Except for the ugly small plants painted on the ground, the scenery was very nice, especially at dawn.

Numa, Olahorand, Isaiah and 1 other person like this.
  19. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

That's what the new /home command seems to be for - teleporting you to the gates of your house.
    Currently this seems only to work if you are not in the same hex already and if you do not enter the command in another than local chat.

Time Lord and tradyblix like this.
  20. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    Olahorand Said;

That's what the new /home command seems to be for - teleporting you to the gates of your house.
    Currently this seems only to work if you are not in the same hex already and if you do not enter the command in another than local chat.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~TL~

I truly hope our "magic of teleportation" does not degenerate into immersion breaking computer commands :(
    The "UO recall" spell degenerated into something very cheap to do; Regs were no longer something to be gathered, but became something to be "purchased through NPCs by the truck load", which became very immersion breaking to me. Where I was no longer in a world and I began too play a video game, I realized there was a line to be crossed and so I crossed it and "I left the game because the world had ended".

Anything that requires "me to imagine" without some in game image for reference, seems breaks immersion for me. With so many computer related people involved with our creation, I would not want computer command easy to out weigh any imagined virtual reality.
    The more "computer commands I must know to play, the less I would want to play anything".
    Portalarium, please keep in mind not to end our world by making it into a game... o_O
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.