Stretch goal items desperately need info

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duke Death-Knell, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Stretch goal items really need some kind of description and list of properties.

Why would I want a mule? It carries stuff. But what kind of allowance? Is a llama better? Why?

An elven bow....oh boy. But how bout some facts on it?

You want people to spend their hard earned cash, how bout giving us a reason why.

Kaisa, Alayth and joebar like this.
  2. Alayth

Alayth Avatar

There isn't even information mentioning that the foals become ridable horses once the stretch goal is met, or that they function as normal non-combat pets before that. I agree - obviously giving specific stats isn't possible, but at least give us some description of what it is, how it is unique, how it will compare to other items available in-game.

Kaisa likes this.
  3. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

It actually says exactly that when you click on the individual item.

Alayth and NRaas like this.
  4. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

click on donkey and get
    An adorable baby donkey non-combat pet.

OK, that's nice. Why do I want to spend $20 on it? Most of them are like that. I mean I want to fund the goal but there's way too far to go to waste money on something with indeterminate value.

joebar likes this.
  5. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Understood but I was addressing the misinformation that the items don't say things like that they are non-combat pets until the stretch goal is met.

I agree more detailed information on each item would help determine the worth of said item but we don't even have all that detailed item for already scheduled content. Investing in detailing out to that level for these items which we won't work on until AFTER all the currently scheduled stuff (even when we hit the stretch goal) just is not the best use of our limited resources. I realize this is a catch 22 where we could potentially make more money with more information but it's a judgement call of best prioritization which I have to make.

In the meantime we are going to do a consistency pass so in the main description and each individual description we note before and after effects (if any)

6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Please add "horse breeding" and "Elven transformation" as skills gained by players that contribute to the stretch goals. This could work just like the brewery skill for the Eldeman pledge, and so players could still have access without contributing but they wouldn't just "get it" magically by not contributing.

I think this is a great idea for many reasons (marketing, roleplaying, competitive balance, coolness), so I hope you consider it.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  7. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink

mitchellhamilton likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.