Is it me, or is it pay to win

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bornhald, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardy

Hardy Avatar

I have a cat so know what the tiger is thinking... "If I bite now I will eat for a day. If I make it my slave, I will eat for life".

rild, Kaisa, Khloec and 5 others like this.
  2. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Let's not forget, all we've payed for so far is a promise.
    There is no "game" as of yet, so really every pro and con made sofar is just speculation and dreams.

3. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Btw...I never claimed it was "some altruistic venture". I said you, as with myself and every other backer, backed the game first, and the perks second. After backing the game, you chose to pledge more to receive the things that come with the increased pledge.

4. Cabrens

Cabrens Avatar

You found him...but he also told me to spend it wisely, since "money doesn t grow on trees."..Told him he was an ol' greedy bastid and showed him how the Fed multiplied the amount of USD in the world by 4 out of thin air in the last 5 years...He gave me another milly...but nop, the Space Cowboy won t cash 'em ;)

Hardy and High Baron O`Sullivan like this.
  5. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

The deer... SO MUCH BETTER!!!! Now... to see if I can get into Kingsport...

(Edit)
    *Cheers*

The blockade has ended!!!!!

rild, Kaisa, Hardy and 1 other person like this.
  6. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

And here you are with the legalese...

Despite the initial sarcasm, I'm honestly interested to know what legally enforceable commitment they aren't meeting? I've looked into it a little, and haven't been able to find anything to substantiate that. Not that it applies to me, as I was dirt-ash poor in between life #1 and life #2 when the kickstarter came out, but had money later on that I could put towards something I believe in, so I fall under no such covenant.

docdoom77 likes this.
  7. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Then why are you still here? Honestly wondering? If you are ashamed to be a backer, why do you continue to participate? You have every right to do so, and I'am glad you are here. I'am just curious to your logic?

Dame Lori and Lana Rhiane like this.
  8. Avatar Aiden

Holy cow where did this come from? False advertising and money grubbing?

There have been some issues with being clear on what exactly is going on but I've seen how busy these guys are plus I know they are computer programmers and engineer type geeks who are usually pretty clueless and introverted when it comes to diplomacy and public relations. I see them also learning as they go along. What might seem like false advertising to you is really just an attempt to try something new. The stretch goal store items - is that what you are referring to? Or the count of New Britannians + dollars? And money grubbing....well yeah so? That's a negative phrase for raising capital. Right?

And what legally enforceable commitments are you referring to? Are you claiming a breach of contract? I'd like to see your argument and your evidence.

If you are truly this unhappy with the product so far, you can sell your account, at a profit I might add, and you can do so with the full support of Portalarium and the community. This might be the best choice for you if you are feeling shame over being a part of this. Get your money out and wash your hands of the whole thing.

You've been a productive member of the community. Be a shame to see you go.

9. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

Because I am trying to salvage any of the almost $1000 I have sunk into this, just like I despised Duke Nukem but kept it on my shelf anyway (did consider trying to sell that, would be the only game I have ever traded in but in the end I didn't)

BillRoy likes this.
  10. smack

smack Avatar

Given that you can resell your SotA pledge here in the Player Marketplace for the same price you bought it for (there are plenty of buyers), I'd say you got pretty screwed on Duke Nukem since nobody's gonna buy that junk.

Obligatory:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/trust
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=228

11. High Baron O`Sullivan

Have you tried the Player Marketplace yet? Lord Andernut provides a great service for those looking to sell or buy accounts.

12. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

So what rewards are they not following through on?

13. High Baron Asguard

providing a game which is buy to own and is not nickel and dimming gamers. pretty important "reward"/purchases there

14. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

Wow this thread turned for the worse since I last saw. People need to relax and think a little bit more before posting. I wouldn't be going into the legal argument, that's just going to lead to deleted posts and a ban and the thread closed.

rild and High Baron O`Sullivan like this.
  15. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

I worded my question carefully. Providing a buy to own game was not one of the "rewards", providing a game that you can at least download was. If you are going to claim illegalities, you are going to need to examine everything with a fine toothed comb, and nowhere in the rewards (their legally bound deliverables) does it mention a reward that expressly forbids them from "nickel and diming" you to death, or grant you a game that is "buy to own".

Not being snide or sarcastic here, just speaking truth.

16. High Baron Asguard

Consumer law goes further than that, any promises made by a seller either in there advertising or directly by sales people form an explicit garenty. Therefore his interview and the videos that they used to generate sales of there pledges are legally binding

17. Hardy

Hardy Avatar

[​IMG]

18. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Then tell me how the game cannot be bought when it launches, and tell me how their current model forces you to buy the items in the store (or otherwise pitch in extra cash) in order to play the game? Again, the burden is on you to prove what you are claiming, and right now you can't really make that argument.

Also, since you are going to consumer law route, you haven't consumed anything but the possibility that this is a game you want to play.

Lord Baldrith and docdoom77 like this.
  19. High Baron O`Sullivan

Asguard, I would recommend sending a ticket to support@portalarium.com. I would hate to see you not be able to post in the forums, especially if you are interested in selling your account here on the Player Marketplace. There have been several posts recently regarding appropriate forum etiquette, and the legalese was specifically mentioned. Speaking directly with Portalarium about legal matters would be a better idea than posting it directly on the open forums. Just trying to lookout for ya.

Kaisa, Senash Kasigal, Khloec and 4 others like this.
  20. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Side note:

Apart from the posts where the sarcasm or attempts at biting wit are so evident they almost tear your eardrums out through your corneas, my posts are not angry or trying to incite. I am just stating what I see and asking questions. If it reads otherwise, I apologize now ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.