Run..... Walk.....and limp? Possible additional movement animations?

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Ravicus Domdred, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I have another Idea, possibly a stretch goal. For Role Play purposes I would love to see an ability to toggle a limp or a stoop on characters. Maybe other possible features such as for ex. peg legs or eye patches (I am not intentionally trying to sound like a pirate) lol. discuss as you please :)

2. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

Add crawl to the list. :)

3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

yes!

4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

or being able to "sprint" like a coward when fleeing!

5. WebTeam

WebTeam Avatar

Can we add "Hammer Time" to the list of movement options? :D

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

sure but that would prob be an emote!

7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Voluntary Action Mechanics, Voluntary Group Mechanics and Voluntary Group Action Wave Mechanics"
    New Social Interactive Things for New Britannia That No Other Game Has? o_O

"Voluntary Action Mechanics"
    This is what we are talking about when we thing of "emotes", as well as needed action mechanics for getting our Avatar into and out of trouble or through mazes yet to be built and possibly something we need to discuss for them to have a place set aside for them to become implemented into our game.

"Voluntary Group Mechanics"
    These are things we wish to do as a group for our social interactions and displays of our unity. Things such as Parade Participation, or Ball Room Dances, where if you opt to join into such a crowd, then your Avatar becomes a member of that group being lead by a central leadership or Game Lead behavior.
    One could imagine that if you had a party going on in your Arena Basement, that the owner of the home could "set an option" to allow a certain dance to be performed by any who entered the central area (or set it for open PvP the same).
    Or, on a central town or city street that anyone could "invite other players to parade with them" where the street then becomes a parade ground with a set pathway to follow, or wherever anyone wished to do so. Leaders of Armies could thus march their troops to here or there using such an "invite command".

"Voluntary Action Wave Mechanics"
    Just as the video above implies, "we could have Joust" by use of these same styled game mechanics. not all skill is based on our skill stats, many of our skills are based on our choices of what to do and when to do it. Should I go here or there during the daylight or is it best at night for me to do or go there, is very much at play in our future game because of the "Astrology" of the timings we choose to synchronize with. This is something not spoken of much because much is unknown to us about how some form of Astrology will effect us and our world... "But is definitely coming"!

OT;(( psst... just an FYI in case you did not know, the ~Time Lord~ is one of the most well trained Astrologers in the world as well as being one of only a hand full of people that are actively testing the theory of Anti-De'Sitter Space Time which is considered by most scientists as how ~Time~ actually works by Fractal Geometric Algorithm because of the un-explained proven and acknowledged phenomena which I investigate. The Mars Effect being only one of which... "why else would I make a crazy ~Time Lord~ chr aye?" :p))

"Jousting Through the Seasons & Stars"
    Jousting and it's skill could become a wonderful pass time through such Time Wave Mechanics.
    Example; say I'm a jouster and I gain some advantage of skill or chance with each successful jousting match I participate in and loose some of that skill or chance of success with each failure. Yet add to this the "season of my desire" (astral position of the planets/Moons/whatever or season), thus if I time my entering into a joust event properly, then I could increase my chances of winning, while if I do not properly time my entering into a joust event, I may be competing with less than my optimal skill advantage.
    Now... in coupling all of what I have said with a "Voluntary Action" just as in the same way that I could enter a group for dancing, a pre-programed animation could take place with me in it as well as other players, whereby our Avatars are fitted with jousting gear (generic animation yet with our Avatar's name over them) and thus a game of chance, skill and timing could provide the game enough information to create a playable and fun alternative way in enjoying our game. The animation starts, the riders charge and one falls loosing some chance they had by jousting game skill while the other gains it.

"Personal Seasonal Timing"
    The importance of "timing" within this line of thinking, is that.... when that time is begun to be known by the active jouster (quest of discovery), then during that "right time" he or she would be actively attempting to enter into or find such a match to enter at that time in order to advance their skill or chance, thus deepening the game for those who wish more than just PvP/PvM/PvE/PvWhatever. Yet this also takes away any chance that someone of a less deep commitment to jousting would be a great opponent to face, for if (and also) the jousting skill was not used at it's most optimal timing, then the player would loose an amount of that skill, just as if they had lost a jousting match.
    by implementing all of these elements, then the "simple joined animation", then becomes something more than just a show...

It's all the same enjoined subject, Voluntary Action Mechanics, Voluntary Group mechanics and Voluntary Group Action Wave (chance) Mechanics.

Thank You for reading and feel free to elaborate, hack or distribute any of this because our "Deeper Ultima" deserves it ;)
    New things For a Truly New Game and a Truly New Britannia?
    Ever Deeper Ultima! I Hope You Like it or maybe stirred some thoughts and Cheers... :p
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

8. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Loved this movie.

9. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Now this is very interesting indeed! (spoken in present tense) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.