Italian interview @ Everyeye.it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

An Italian site interviewed Richard and Starr recently:
    http://www.everyeye.it/pc/articoli/shroud-of-the-avatar_intervista_22922

It's all in Italian, so just use Google or Bing to translate the website into your language of choice.

Some interesting tidbits that I had not seen mentioned elsewhere:
    - Ransom may be a little more than twice the price of the current item, with the ability to change that
    - There have been 18 player towns founded

And I really like this (machine translation) quote from Richard, with my highlighting:

Lord British: Shroud of the Avatar is first of all a completely new adventure in style Ultima. A story based on the Virtues, with a silent system that keeps track of all your behaviors with NPCs and other players [in case you playing online]. There will be NPCs who will encourage you and guide you towards a virtuous behavior, chaotic NPC who will tell you to behave as you wish, and instead just bad characters who will try to seduce you and take you to the dark side. While you will play in this first episode, which unfolded in several dozens of story-driven content, independent of the online game, you ritaglierete your story, your unique journey that will make you get to one of the many possible conclusions.

Check out the article and discuss below!

2. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

More than one ending? Sounds great. I wonder how your character's progress would carry over to a second playthrough, for those who wanted to see a different ending, or if a different character would have to be used.

3. smack

smack Avatar

For the single player offline game:
    I'm guessing that your save games will be carried over from episode to episode. This was a staple of the older Ultima games, being able to transfer to each sequel. And as it's an offline game, you likely will have multiple saves for whatever path you're taking.

For the online game:
    You'll need multiple accounts, as virtue/karma/reputation is tied to the account, not the characters.

4. fantalio

fantalio Avatar

I google translated this part so it's a little rough.

"DarkStarr: ... while you will be forced to return your body to recover the equipment. If it's been a player to kill you, they can choose an item from your inventory and keep it in the so-called "Ransom System" (system of redemption, Ed.) In practice, those who killed you will be able to decide, with limitations, a price which, if paid, you will receive the item that you have been subtracted.
    Lord British: Currently the basic price is about little more than twice the value of the object itself, with the ability to change it according to the intentions of those who killed him. "

If I'm reading this right does it mean If I loot an item from someone I am allowed to set whatever ransom I feel like for the item? I like that idea much better than a set value for every item based on some algorithm.

5. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

Beeing Italian i think i understood most of it :)

That said i did read as well their hands on preview...enthusiastic as well...

Ransom is to be decided by the killer with some sort of limitation based on market value of the stolen item

6. smack

smack Avatar

Ah, so the killer couldn't set any arbitrary limit? It wasn't clear from the machine translation if that "twice the market price" was the minimum value or some recommended value...or perhaps max value?

7. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

Max value, the killer cant decide the amount but has to follow some sort of market value maximum price ( double)

smack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.