Goodbye Rustic, you will be missed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Caveloot.com Owner, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stile

stile Avatar

2. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Rustic Dragon, we will miss you, best wishes for the future

3. draykor darkale

draykor darkale Avatar

Oh, got to dance with him in R7, good luck Rustic.

4. !(Blood0men)!

!(Blood0men)! Avatar

For a Second I had to remember which person that was, But now that I do it's Sad to see someone go but if what he's doing makes him happy then go forth and chase those dreams.

So Good luck out there Rustic Dragon, make sure to stop by and visit from time to time seeing how you fair. :cool:

5. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Oh nooo - give the messenger a royal treatment for those bad news!

Rustic Dragon - I wish you all the best on your future path.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

6. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

I have an idea.....

[​IMG]

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh no say it isn't so, please don't go. Joseph you are a shining light with all your humor, and I'm always so impressed with the way you handle yourself , always so perfectly. You always have it together, and fully entertain, and perfectly organize, and talk about people skills, always a such a wow there. I don't want to say goodbye. You are such an great asset to this project.

8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

If you watch the all Video, he will still be "with us"... just not as a Portalarium Employee o_O
    So don't everyone get too broke all up about it ;) I look at it as getting to free him up from all the work and come have some fun :D
    He made his wishes very clear within the vid :rolleyes:

But he does have some totally awesome things he's selling because he can't fit it all into his car for transport! He even has an original piece of actual furniture that will have a copy of it ingame... and I'm sure he'll sell it as well as the many other things he has to offload or fit inside his car for his trip.

These are really cool Ultima Items that he needs to sell and it would help him out tremendously if they could be purchased at a good profit to him. But from what I saw in the vid, whatever he's selling is at a great price for the buyer!
    So, help a friend move by helping yourself too ;)
    "It's truly a stunning Ultima Collection!"
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

9. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

10. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Crap.... Sad to hear him go. :(

11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Oh yea... But just think of the resume he has from having worked with the greatest creators of all the gaming world!

Yes, he was our greatest and most talkative host of some of the most in depth interviews and content our game has yet seen and he will be missed in that capacity... greatly missed "Indeed!"

But you just can't beat the stuff he's selling in order to make his move. So I greatly encourage everyone to check out what he has to offer because he needs to make his moving arrangements very soon! I know if I could afford to ship that piece of Ultima furniture he's selling here to Thailand... "I'd jump on it!"

I myself had to offload many of my things to have the opportunity to move here to Thailand and do what I'm doing here, so I know it's not an easy proses.
    So, help him out, because I'm certain beyond a doubt that we will be seeing our great friend of the common player Rustic Dragon again in some places you may be surprised to see of him later within our gaming worlds ;)

Who knows, maybe when a flood of $ and needed staffing comes available, maybe... just maybe, Portalarium may have enough $ to lure him back in a much greater capacity :cool: if the $ is right that is...
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

12. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

This is a big shame. He really was exceptional in all the vids from pen of the avatar to the telethon and all the others. He handled things so effortlessly and was great fun. Will be sadly missed by me and everyone else i imagine.

13. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Farewell, Rustic. You've really helped me out. Hopefully your move goes well and you'll have time to come back to us occasionally.

14. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

1 hour and 13 minutes mark of the latest UDIC Dragonsmeet.

I just want to personally say thank you for the amazing contribution Joseph Toschlog has had on the SotA community over the last year and a half. You literally have been the voice of the people. You will certainly be missed by many.

May the road rise up to meet you
    May the wind be always at your back
    May the sun shine warm upon your face
    And the rain fall softly upon your fields
    And until we meet again
    May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

15. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Farewell Rustic. Thank you for all you have done for this great community. You will forever live in our hearts.

May your future be bright. This parting is our loss.

16. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

This is such unexpected news :( Thank you for all of the help you provided me in the past, Rustic ;) Good luck in your future endeavors! I look forward to seeing you in-game and on the forums :D

17. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

I still find it hard to believe this is really happening. He is a CS dream for any video game. He has always been the one to respond to my support emails (and fast), he has never taken more than 24 hours to respond to one of my PMs on the forums, he has never refused to lend a helping hand in IRC even when he wasn't on the clock, and, perhaps most importantly, he has long been an integral part of the SotA community. He is a Portalarium employee who many of us also consider a friend.

Here's the thing, Portalarium: you need someone like that. I'm going to be frank here and step away from my personal experiences with Joseph. Joseph is more than just a customer service employee. He's Rustic Dragon. He's the face on a boatload of promises Portalarium set to sail more than a year ago. That persona is more an idea, in a sense, than a person--a potent illustration and a very real example of the connection Portalarium claims to have with its community. Just recently, I was reminded of this in IRC, where a user whose name I did not recognize stepped in to tell everyone he had just upgraded his pledge. He explained very briefly that doing so was very tough for him, but he found a way to make it work because he loved the level of support Portalarium shows for its community. Many of us, I'd wager, can truly say we've done the same, and for many of us, Joseph played an integral role in providing that support. I very much hope Portalarium hasn't forgotten this reality.

Of course, I don't have the full story behind what's going on here. The thing is, Rustic Dragon is an asset in the sense that he is the only Portalarium employee who comes to mind when I think of people who really love and care about this game's community. He might be a thorn in Portalarium's backside for that from time to time, but look: he's your diamond in the rough. He is the one person many of us want to see working on this project more than anyone else except maybe RG and Starr. That's how important good customer service and community relations are to your project, and it truly saddens me to hear this was not Joseph's decision. If this move really is necessary for Portalarium, I hope, Richard and Starr, that you see how huge a loss this is for your organization. In practical terms, you better have an ace up your sleeve to make up for losing him. You will really and truly need it.

Everyone who will be playing R7's rerelease this week, I will be putting up a small, Rustic style house and leaving it completely undecorated as a thank you to Rustic Dragon for all the great work he's done for this community. It would be very cool if others would join me in this, if you feel the way I do about seeing him go.

Cheers Rusty! Speaking for myself, I very much appreciate everything you've done for me and for this community. Thanks, mate.

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh thank you Lord Trenyc for your post. You said everything I wanted to say and so much better. I was just blubbering lol. I so agree with everything you are saying. I wanted to petition to stop this, That's how upset I am about it.

19. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The greatest thing that Portalarium has ever done was when they hired Rustic Dragon onto the SOTA development team. Since the Kickstarter there's been no greater fan and no greater ambassador than Joseph Toschlog. Joseph always appeared as authentic, loyal, and most of all passionate about the Ultima series and its spiritual successor, Shroud of the Avatar.

Recognizing this, Portalarium attempted to leverage that passion and to my eyes had some meaningful success through community events, developer hangouts and customer service. However it's a small team, a limited budget, and a business. To that end, it's understandable if the development team can't indefinitely support every Rustic Dragon that comes along. Unfortunately for the community there's only one of those guys and he will be greatly missed.

Thanks for the great memories, Rustic. Good luck moving forward. You're the best!

20. Sir Mike Dragon

Sir Mike Dragon Avatar

Rustic can't leave! Who will I pester about the web site now! Come back Rustic, come back! <sobs> ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.