Question about the 10% bonus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Royou, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royou

Royou Avatar

Just noticed this on the description, I don't know if this has already been talked about, but I could not find anything in a search.

[NOTE: The 10% bonus pledge won't show up in your account immediately. Give us about 10 business days after the end of the promotion period to tally everyone's purchases and add the bonus pledge to your account. The 10% Pledge Bonus is non-transferable and is not applied toward Add-On Store or Stretch Goal Store purchases]

I have one question, just what am I supposed to do with this bonus? I'm not going to upgrade my account any higher than Lord Marshal, and wish to know what use this bonus will have to me? going to end it hear as am so annoyed at the moment and don't want to say anything that will get me told off.

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

If nothing else, it will likely bump you up on the Lot Selection timetable.

3. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

Famous last words. :)

4. Royou

Royou Avatar

Good idea, but at Royal founder Lord Marshal, kickstarter pledger number 224 don't think it's going to affect my position very much if at all tbh :(

5. Royou

Royou Avatar

I can assure you any more upgrades are out of the question, the reason for this is over the last 2 day and the next 10 days my partner and I are having introductions to our beautiful daughter, whom we are adopting. On or around the 14th July our Daughter will come to live with us :) and she will be our priority, so I will not have the money to pledge $1600 to take me to the next tier, so unless there is an item that they will allow us to purchase this money is redundant. and of no use to me what so ever, this bonus is geared towards the lower pledges, for the high pledges it has no benefit whatsoever in it's current form.

6. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

Congrats on your new addition to the family!

Lord Royou likes this.
  7. Royou

Royou Avatar

Thank you very much :)

8. Royou

Royou Avatar

Now if we could transfer the funds then I could use it to then help towards upgrading my partners account a few tiers :) but I guess that will not be :(

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Congratulations, Lord Royou! Every child should have two loving parents.

10. Royou

Royou Avatar

Thank you :)

11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

In heraldry there are systems by which a father can allow his progeny to use his arms until such time as they reach their majority, are granted their own arms, or inherit their father's arms. This system is called Cadency, and applies symbols to the father's arms for the child that denotes the child's birth order. Canada is special in that their system of cadency has symbols for both boy and girl children. The first born girl child's symbol is (appropriately in my mind) the Heart. The first born girl will always hold her Father's heart.

For Lord Royou's Daughter:

[​IMG]

12. Royou

Royou Avatar

Wow that is awesome I shall use it with honour and pride :) thank you so very much :)

*edit stupid smiley was the wrong way up!!!*

13. Athelstan

Athelstan Avatar

The only solutions for the "bonus" I have found so far are:

1. pick the tier before the one you really want, wait 10 days for the bonus to show up then select the tier you really want.

or

2. make a new pledge for the amount you need for the tier you want less 10%, wait 10 days for the bonus to show up, contact support and have them merge the pledges, then select the tier you really want.

Congrats on the kid.

Lord Royou likes this.
  14. Floors

Floors Avatar

It's by total pledge amount, so anyone pledging at your tier but with 500 extra bucks towards baron will go before you.

15. Royou

Royou Avatar

Maybe that would have been the better option to go down.

Thank you :)

16. Royou

Royou Avatar

You know they keep changing the order and priority order, feeling dizzy from it now, as from what I'd read the money factor was to be the last factor to be calculated.

17. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah, but it is the deciding factor. We are separated by tiers and when we pledged.

So highest tiers go first, separated inside each tier by Royal Founders, Founders, Benefactors. Then inside that, by who had the most money.

In some cases it will be literally that you get 10 hours window ahead of some other players and they will come online during the "land rush" while you may still be looking for the best spot.

In any case, All the largest plots and best small plots will already have been taken by the time everyone gets to place their secondary and tertiary lots from the add on store they may own.

Hopefully there will be so many good lots on the mainland there will still be great ones left over; I'm hopeful of this.

I was able to get the best village lot in Estercove yesterday, one on the top of the secondary summit that faces the town lot lord's home on the opposite summit and overlooks all the Duke and LotM water plots. And that was multiple hours into a game where the landmass is 10 percent of what will finally be available.

Of course, they said they'd limit the final number of lots based on how many players they have when the time comes, so maybe it will still be lucky to get super nice views like that...

Lord Royou likes this.
  18. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

how do you know your number?
    Is there a way to see my number on the kickstarter page ?

19. Royou

Royou Avatar

After linking my Kickstarter account to my Shroud account It tells me on my account information that my User ID#:224, before the link I don't even remember seeing a User ID number on my account. And if I remember correctly they were setup very closely together if not straight after each other.

20. Royou

Royou Avatar

Have to be honest, I was so wanting to get a WFL but on trying them out and seeing what I can and can not place, I'm not going to go for one, they look great if your are a Baron and upwards but not too impressed below those tiers.

Lord Beli likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.