Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Moving NPC's

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by slamelov, Jul 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slamelov

slamelov Avatar

Hi

I remember the old days in Ultima Online, where the NPC's had some king of movement or "path". I would like to see that, I don't like the static merchants like "vending machines". I think it's more inmersive a merchant who walks, or do something.

It's only a suggestion.

Regards

Sir Cabirus and NRaas like this.
  2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Plans are for merchants to actually follow schedules (go home when it's not working hours, possibly be found at the tavern when off, etc). We are a ways off from implementing that, though.

3. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

It would be cool if in the future you have also a variety for NPC's, ie. their shop opens at 9 SotA time but you see them running down the street a few minutes late and apologize to anyone nearby for the late opening. Like one day in seven or something. If it was a guard showing up late the guard he is relieving could berate him. Just something like 1% of the time it happens for a bit of flavour, nothing noticeable where everywhere you go someone is late :)

Tarsin and abovenyquist like this.
  4. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Great to hear Lum, this kind of thing adds so much more depth to an RPG. I've been playing Divinity Original Sin and while it is a fun game, it doesn't have the immersive feeling that Ultima 7 and some of the earlier games had because it doesn't have day/night cycles and NPC schedules. (It is a brilliant RPG though!).

5. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

This thread reminds me of the time when playing Morrowind, I moved the talking Mudcrab off a distant island into my house.

6. smack

smack Avatar

Sweet. Really looking forward to this. And if I could make one more suggestion: Please have them visit other towns too as part of their schedule. Perhaps they have a delivery to make, or friends/family to visit in other locations, etc.

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.