Dyes!

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Undelivered, Mar 1, 2014.

?

Do you want the old dye system back?

1. Yes

88.9%
  2. No

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undelivered

Undelivered Avatar

As you all remember, they had lots of different dyes to dye your items in the UO days. Certain dyes were harder to find and you could run around showing off your uniquely dyed items. I kind of miss that how about you all? Feel free to post your ideas and vote!!!

2. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

GuildWars2 had a pretty amazing dye system. No idea about UO.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Kumakaze [BEAR]

Kumakaze [BEAR] Avatar

I loved the dye tubs, they were worth a mint in UO. People went mental for the pure black tub and there were some good generous people who would let people use it publicly at their shops. I liked it when they did ones for the leather and there was the furniture and special dye tub as well. The crazy designs people came out with them were amazing.

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Farming and Dye Creation"
    I did enjoy the dye system in UO, though I would however wish a special skill attached to this somehow, for the dies to be made that could be placed into a dye tub. A crafting skill like this could then be worked up through the colors contrasts needed to enhance each color, through whatever dye you could buy, or create that could then be placed inside a tub.
    A low level dye maker, could then work his/her way up through the basic colors red, blue.... and up through the others.
    Then could work his/her skills up to making color dyes that could be lightened, or darkened and so up the chain of increasing that skill of creating the dye.

I do not believe in providing instant quick fixes or convenience items when that takes away from them being able to be created by any player who has devoted their skill points or could devote their skill points to.............. "Because our players should meet all of our needs from creation to meeting a need or another player's desire".

If there is a want, then this should become a profitable trade skill that maybe could enhance another skill such as "farming of flowers" to create such dyes. The simple farmer has little to look forward to in this game so far and needs not to be forgotten because of other farming games that have a great player following within our greater online gaming world.

Many of our world will make their life and fun in gaming with and through our build of farming. Such a skill should always be remembered by our greater adventuring players that are now dominant within our early game creation proses.
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.