Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggestion about "target self"

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by Jambot, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jambot

Jambot Avatar

I would just love for "target self" to become "switch between self and current target". That way you can just press the key, heal, and press again to go back to target.

The other possibility would be to just default to self when a heal/buff is directed towards an enemy.

Time Lord and majoria70 like this.
  2. Khloec

Khloec Avatar

yes please, i had troubles with relocating my previous target when i needed a heal. Another key for last target is ok as well. The Tab target closest person didn't work very well for me to find that person you were fighting before in all the melee.

Miganarchine likes this.
  3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The alt already lets you cast on yourself.

4. Jambot

Jambot Avatar

You don't get it, the problem comes when you need to re-click that almost dead skeleton among his 4 friends after you've pressed alt/F1. You could also cycle with tab until you get to him, but in any case I'd rather just press alt/F1 again and be sure to hit my almost dead target.

5. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

Alt doesn't change your target lock, so there's no need to switch back. Regardless, targeting needs help so any dev attention on it is appreciated.

6. Khloec

Khloec Avatar

Alt never worked for me for rebinding, i didn't really investigate, i could probably sort it out easily but i just wanted to play! I will look into it a bit more before R9, but yes targeting needs a little love.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Shouldn't heal just default to self unless you have targetted an ally?

Time Lord, Olahorand, Freeman and 2 others like this.
  8. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

target self was F1, I used my game pad and bound F1 and my fixed heal tile button 1 to my gamepad, so healing became one button press,easy to do but it didn't stop me being beaten in fights!

9. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

I always lost target highly annoying. Lock to target?

10. abovenyquist

abovenyquist Avatar

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.

11. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

F1 will cause you to lose your target.mHowever using the alt key lets you cast on yourself without losing your target

Time Lord and Vendetta Beretta like this.
  12. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Not only does F1 lose your target, TAB will go back to the original target. but like Jiirc said, if you press ALT it selects yourself and keeps you targeted.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

I'm used to using WASD keys for movement as I played a LOT of FPS shooters. With my right hand on the mouse and my left hand positioned on the keyboard reaching the ALT key cramps my style a lot. Hopefully Portalarium will permit a key rebind which enables me to "temporarily" assign myself as the target for the next spell cast and then automatically return to my previous target.

Even better - I too am also in favor of heal/buff spells targeting self unless another group/guild member is targeted.

Time Lord and Olahorand like this.
  14. Freeman

Freeman Avatar

If I have to offer one thing about making the system better, it's that. My only death was my first one because I didn't realize that clicking my heal did nothing if I didn't target myself. The intuitive thing is for it to heal yourself.

abovenyquist likes this.
  15. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I was in a discussion about friendly fire one time. How your spells can harm your own team mates. What if your heal spells would accidentally heal your opponent? The reverse friendly fire lol. In this theory (at least) there would be no automatic self target and you would have to pay attention to what you are doing, or better yet, who you are healing lol

16. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

In addition to your suggestion ( which I whole-heartedly agree with ) I would like to not see a target cap limit implemented which would limit the number of players injured/healed within an AOE radius. Guild Wars 2 did this by placing a 5 player limit on the number of targets an AOE spell could affect. In other words, if there were 20 people all clustered together and you ground-targeted the area and dropped an AOE damage spell then only 5 random people were affected not everyone with the spell's radius. That system is utter crap. Subsequently this totally gimped the ability of being able to bust up a zerg.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

If you are on Windows, keybinds are already in. There was an option to rebind the alt keybind to something else. I never tried it out, somI can't say if it worked or not. I don't see any reason for it not to work.

Currently there aren't any keybinds on the Mac or Linux. However, that is a goal of the devs, to have that functionality as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.