Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 8 Hangout of the Avatar Questions and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by FireLotus, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

You do know you can type a lot in one post....
    The classic I want freedom to do whatever I want with no consequences.

2. leilakin

leilakin Avatar

Hey, this will be the first hangout I attend. Just got turned onto SotA by a very smart friend who knows me well....

Spent all weekend watching back to back videos about the game, and I CANNOT WAIT TO PLAY IT!

Buying in for Release 9

QUESTION: Superficial, I know.. but, will the backpack/inventory thing have a way to organize and search for items? Right now it looks a lot like my RL handbag, which I am told is a chaotic mess of random stuff.

Thanks,
    Nyt/Leilakin

3. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    yes, you can have the option to list the items instead of the classic look :)

Time Lord and leilakin like this.
  4. rexkushman

rexkushman Avatar

My question is actually a two part question and has to do with grouping.

What is the group size limit and is there content tuned for specific sizes of groups?

Thank you and keep up the good work. The game is looking amazing!

leilakin likes this.
  5. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

There is a discussion going on about sex in SotA. Should it be possible to have sex in the game with NPCs and other players?
    Some of the Ultimas did include the opportunity to have sex, so it would not be something new.
    If romances are in the game, can we take them a "step further"? (Without showing the act in an explicit way.)

I would really like to hear the opinions of the devs on this. Especially in the light of a debate going on - gore and cannibalism yes, sex no way!

baronandy likes this.
  6. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Question: How will the decksystem work when you start? At the moment you get slugs if you don't have 20 casts. Will I have to deal with this problem till I'm big enough to fill the 20 casts?

Arianna likes this.
  7. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

just read my post i told that a town without a house of plessure is no real town

you should be able to own a house of plessure and manage it , getting slave w hores out of the docks slavemarket.
    and when you die you loose 5 permanent hp each time , but not permanently , when you go to the house of plessure you can refill it

8. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Will we see Shrouds in Shroud of the Avatar? a full length robe with a hood that is operable in on/off mode?

9. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Can you give more details on what you mean by this? What specific signs of lag are you seeing?

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

Would you consider a fast swap interface between 2 sets of hand equipment (0,5-3 secs)?

Would you consider to make the card system to only show actual hand equipment related glyphs?

One solution to the "initial hand" would be to create a focus skill that grants you a number of skills at your disposal when you enter combat mode. would that be possible?

Slayer Exodus likes this.
  11. Exodus2

Exodus2 Avatar

I didn't mess around with deck swapping but you can link certain sets of equipment to a deck and then when you swap the deck, it will change all your gear. Only problem with it is that in testing, we didn't have enough skill points to allocate two separate decks

Akro likes this.
  12. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

I think we should not be able to make a full deck/gear swapping on battle. But i guess it would be a good idea to have a fast (not instant) hand equipment swap option (between only two predefined sets of hand equipment).

You can find more details here Exodus:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/about-variety-on-combat-and-decks.13406/

I think this thread is not the place to discuss this matter. Even these posts could be deleted/moderated ;) (with good reason).

13. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

My question made it in! Neat!

Looks like they're planning ways to reduce fizzle. They were vague, so I don't know for sure if it'll be passive skills, items, or both, but it's good news. I hate fizzling. It's incredibly not fun. :(

Ragnabrock and Duke NRaas like this.
  14. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

thats why i asked will aimed baised magery possible so you could prevent getting hited by every mage at once if they call your name as target.
    by straving left and right throwing a smokepot taking cover behind a bush .....
    if not they must do it that way that you wont instant rip meeting 3 mages without having the chance to even take a bandage ot potion , iff all spells hit you at the same time

15. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Thanks for this great hangout! :)

16. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

yeah but sadly too short they stopped before my question was on the row :( hopefully i will get it answered in the next hangout , at least it seems fire lots studying the forum threads well, i got a massage because of adult content violation in a post

17. AndiZ275

AndiZ275 Avatar

My question was answered, but I'm not really happy with it and kind of disappointed (I can see the reason for the lack of a charisma, wisdom, etc. attributes , but the lack of skills, that have nothing to do with combat and crafting, and the answer to passive skills (which was reduced to passive combat skills) doesn't please me) ... I still don't see how this game will differ from other MMOs ( which are more or less Multiplayer Hack'n Slash games with Crafting, Housing and a Story based in a fantasy world) and can compete with the deeper single player RPGs in the offline mode (like Fallout 2, Realms of Arkania, Wasteland 2, Divinity, Shadowrun Returns, Ultima IV, etc.)... At this moment it looks like it could become a quite good MMO with some innovative ideas, but I'm not sure if it can become a good single player RPG, too (and instead becomes something like Kingdoms of Amalur, a single player game with MMO mechanics). We'll see. I still have high hopes for this game and maybe they can do the miracle of combining the classical Ultima titles and UO to something new...

Kaisa and rune_74 like this.
  18. smack

smack Avatar

Yep, quoting myself! I missed the first part of the hangout but caught up on it and this question was answered! Looks like they're interested in it but it most likely won't make it in for R9 or R10. They said they want to make sure one deck at a time works well first before extending it to multiple simultaneous equipped decks. What wasn't brought up was the potential issue of gear conflicts, but I don't see that as a problem since you'd simply have to build these multiple decks to work together -- I mean, that is the whole purpose anyways. Gain some more control of skill dealing at the expense of more plate spinning. And equipping conflicting decks has its consequences -- e.g. the whole risk vs reward thing.

And thanks Chris for calling me insane! ;)

19. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

I was not sure they got the question right when it came up. why multiple decks and not just stuffing tosser cards info the same deck?

did you mean to cover the mechanism of splitting the hot bat into two pieces for attack and defense? So you eliminates the complete random chance to pull either one of those types of cards and at last add some skill back to the game, or seriously just want two decks in hand?

Why is that different or better than the existing system to switch decks?

20. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

That's what I was thinking, left side is attack, right side is defense & healing or visa versa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.