Higher Tier Swag ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by insomniax, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insomniax

insomniax Avatar

As a $3000 contributor, I would love to see some additional collectibles / frame-able / in-game rare items for the higher tiers. It seems the higher level donors were overlooked when it comes to swag.

2. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

You haven't... we are still discussing various swag add-ons. And remember, you also get any swag additions that are inserted into the lower tiers.

3. Ahjian

Ahjian Avatar

Yes I too feel that the Baron level and above swag somewhat lacking. $3000 is a lot to ask for a game in development and contributor is taking a big risk, I would really like more in game swag to make it more 'worthwhile'.

Some suggestion which are inline with historic medieval privileges granted to peerage:

-Blessed robe and cloak to show our nobility.
    -Our own coat of arms to be displayed inside and outside of our estate and also on our robes/cloaks.
    -Coronet
    -Finely crafted sword (design only. no special power) with engraved wordings by Lord British himself
    -Our own flag to be placed in our estate.
    -Ability to endorse our books with our seal

These are just suggestions which I think will not break the game, it just make the account more 'rare' and thus worth the large contribution.

I would really love to hear from other Lords what they have in mind as far as SWAG is concerned.

4. Ahjian

Ahjian Avatar

And also free expansions. Thanks Ristra for that idea on chat.

5. mmorpgitalia

mmorpgitalia Avatar

totally agree with Lord Kei

6. lShintal

lShintal Avatar

I agree with the seal, the flag, and the coat of arms. Those would be nice digital swag for those spending over a grand to support.

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

so a permanent no rent city level house isn't enough swag for you now??? lol

8. Ahjian

Ahjian Avatar

@Isaiah: not enough.

9. InsaneMembrane

InsaneMembrane Avatar

Lord Kei gains 0.1 skill in Begging (100.0)

Congratulations Lord Kei!

10. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

if any levels need more swag it is explorer through ancestor. The founder level is necessary to upgrade because there are many doners below them that could upgrade for an easy ammount. However to upgrade from founder to something higher isn't that appealing at this time.

To me just the title Founder sounds better than the titles above it until Lord. Also there is nothing substantial until developer, but I cannot reasonably afford that right now. However if we could stack a donation (say give through kickstarter and then add a donation through paypal) then I would up my bets already. I can hide transactions through paypal easier and not have to explain myself to another "family member"

So to add swag let us stack our bonuses between kickstarter and paypal. So if I donate $60 on Kickstarter and donate $65 on paypal, it would be nice to be an explorer level. Pull that off and I'll donate more.

11. Duke Ironman

Duke Ironman Avatar

Im also torn between lord and baron and im glad they are still discussing this swag. The additional swag, plus whether i get information on the actual houses we will get will decide whether to pay 3500 or go back to 1500.

12. Count Napoli

Count Napoli Avatar

Digital swag that only adds to asthetics is something, but trivial when it comes to 3.5K. I'd like to see physical swag. I don't plan on using my title of Baron in game. I wasn't even planning on using the Lord title either. I suspect noble swag and titles may attract the wrong attention.

13. Sir Liam de Lamoureux

Sir Liam de Lamoureux Avatar

I look forward to whatever comes to us. I actually didn't donate for specific swag. Rather, I wanted the game to be a success and thought about what I could afford to give for the amount of joy I hope to gain. Naturally my faith in Richard Garriot was also a factor. I started with $120 on KS, then eventually decided to jump to Knight on SotA when I got a good tax return :). I guess that means I'm in a no-man's land having contributed $870. I wonder if that will mean I got lot priority of the other Knights who only pledged $750? Either way I could not be more excited to find out.

14. Sir Liam de Lamoureux

Sir Liam de Lamoureux Avatar

Wow that last sentence is riddled with errors. I meant to say "I wonder if that means I will get lot selection priority over the other Knights..." I'm sure you'll all forgive me :).

15. Azoetia Dragon

Azoetia Dragon Avatar

Yes you will get lot selection priority over other knights that have pledged the base 750. I originally considered upping my pledge to Lord over time but in all truth I actually prefer the Knight title and the prospect of having the lighthouse trumps all other buildings for me so I guess I am lucky. I am, however, likely to donate more for a little bit of lot priority.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.