Poll: Adult rated towns/basements in SotA? [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prince Guni, Aug 3, 2014.

?

Adult rated basements / adult rated towns with nudity/sex/gore in SotA?

1. YES - I favor realism and availability of more role play options for those who like that stuff

81 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. NO - I don't think a game like SotA should allow people to play that way

124 vote(s)
    60.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

they are already in the game, we have gone past the "is this kid friendly" argument because its not. In fact I am a little concerned that if this game goes the way some want this might actually be banned all together in Australia because some of the things people are calling for will put it into the Refused Classification class and its not sex which will get it there.

2. Jeg

Jeg Avatar

This whole thread is silly. Take Lord of the Rings for example. There was killing and murder, sure. That was a bi-product of war over territory, the struggle of light vs dark. There was a tastefully done love story interwoven and sure, they could have added hot sex scenes but what would it have added to the overall story Tolkien was trying to tell? Nothing. It would have just bumped up the rating. If you need sex in a game to make it feel more realistic, perhaps you need more real-life in your life.

3. herradam

herradam Avatar

So, is there an argument somewhere in here? We're not talking about where I live. We're talking about a fantasy world. Why are you going to support one arbitrary mechanic for the sake of realism but not another?

Does defecation in video games appear unseemly? I find grown adults acting out sex fantasies in a video game equally unseemly.

Jeg likes this.
  4. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Why? They wouldn't be having sex in the streets anymore than defecating. Why would it bother you, or anyone, if you can never see it nor participate in it?

Prince Guni [LIBERTY] likes this.
  5. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

This is crazy, a lot of us have wives and family.

6. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Do wives and children like seeing their dad/husband run around killing people? ;)

7. Johnny Black

Johnny Black Avatar

It's really not much different then someone reading "50 Shades of Grey" or what not.

8. herradam

herradam Avatar

Don't like it? Don't look. It is, afterall, a natural human thing! Plus, oh we have people running around killing each other in public.

The use of resources on something so superfluous bothers me.

Do you think we should allow players to **** each other? You've used the inclusion of violence to justify the inclusion of sex. How far do we go?

9. Johnny Black

Johnny Black Avatar

Maybe?

10. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Incorrect, sir! Rejection of a resolution does not imply support for an antithetical resolution. The absence of moral structure does not constitute moral structure of a different kind.

11. herradam

herradam Avatar

Let's not pretend that the position taken by those in favour is not inherently moralistic.

12. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

What's crazy is we're not arguing whether or not players should be able to RP sex.. but rather what form it should take.

Here's a thought for the realism crowd.. how realistic is it really.. to be limited to maybe a half dozen positions and locations? Possibly even duration I might add. RP doesn't have any of those problems.. and there's less worry about getting 'caught in the act' (unless it's intentional).

13. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Non sequitor. Suggesting the dismantling of an institution built on a conception of moral authority is not itself an expression of morality. What you're suggesting is akin to calling atheism a religion. By definition, it cannot be.

I think you're confusing the idea of value with one of moral weight. That some people value open expression of sexuality does not mean they assign it any measure of morality.

Caliya likes this.
  14. Johnny Black

Johnny Black Avatar

Bowen! Escape this thread while you can! :eek: *offers hand*

CaptainJackSparrow likes this.
  15. herradam

herradam Avatar

Any position steeped in ideas of right and wrong is inherently moralistic. The mistake you're making is to interpret such any such opinion as being amoral. If I want sex to be included in game because I believe it is natural, I'm still arguing from a position of moral authority. Conceptions of fairness and equality can still be moralistic.

I'll give you an example. The entire violence vs sex thread that has permeated throughout the greater discussion: why include violence but not sex? The entire basis for this argument lies with ideas of right and wrong. Is it right to include something like violence but not sex? Etc etc.

That said, do you support the inclusion of **** as a game mechanic along the same lines?

16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

You can be religious about how you spend your money even though it may have nothing to do with religion. Let's not get hung up on semantics.

Crusader of Sacrifice likes this.
  17. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Good advice.. why am I even engaging in this conversation? I don't need a player debate to know with at least 99% certainty that this kind of explicit content is never going to go into the game no matter who or how many people ask for it. If for no other reason than it's just too expensive and opens too many cans of worms. When RP offers all the freedom players could want without costing Portalarium a dime.

18. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I think this is the most hilarious and entertaining thread in the entire SotA forum archive. I can't even tell who is being serious anymore. Well done Avatars.

Retro, Trenyc, Jeg and 5 others like this.
  19. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

This is an adult thread, brother. We cannot be here! :(

rild, Trenyc, Caliya and 2 others like this.
  20. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Great movie. Teached me a lot about the humans, even more that Demolition Man.

selbie, rild, DizzySol and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.