Poll: Adult rated towns/basements in SotA? [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prince Guni, Aug 3, 2014.

?

Adult rated basements / adult rated towns with nudity/sex/gore in SotA?

1. YES - I favor realism and availability of more role play options for those who like that stuff

81 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. NO - I don't think a game like SotA should allow people to play that way

124 vote(s)
    60.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Black

Johnny Black Avatar

It appears that our cultures do, and I suppose if you are talking about in terms of a rating system of games it would be the ESRB (who get it from their socialization).

2. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

Yay for brothels!

p.s. there should be a mini-game.
    Women go to the brothels to RP as hookers.
    Men go to the brothels to RP as customers.
    If they do *it* in the game, they gotta do it irl.

So...how u feel about the idea, guys?!

DizzySol likes this.
  3. Johnny Black

Johnny Black Avatar

Lets not be sexist here nor close-minded.... Let boys be hookers too, and let everyone do "it" with whom ever they choose...

4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

This is true to an extent. What about the people that do not have sex in their daily routine? What about the shut ins or handicapped people? What about people that are single and Live in the country? I'm not for or against the idea because it will not affect me at all in my game play. Its none of my business.

Time Lord, Lord Baldrith and Caliya like this.
  5. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

All the abovementioned people, I believe, have far greater problems to deal with than the lack of sex...

the shut ins gotta socialize, the people from the country should go hit on that Mary cow herder girl instread of drinking alone etc.

6. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Ahem. I think some women would like to be customers, and some men might like to be gigolos.

However, prostitution was not really what I had in mind when I thought relationships, with consequences, should be a part of the game. But the OP hasn't really offered what they thought it should have or not.

I've played both Witcher 1 & 2. The first one was all about conquests (and collecting cards for those conquests, akin to notches in one's belt, which was impossible to do in one playthrough). Conquests are kind of outdated in today's modern culture, but then, the guy is an old European with those kind of values. Kind of the James Bond of medieval times. They toned down Witcher 2, in which he really had to choose just one partner and couldn't have both, or more.

Of course, most of this discussion is just for the sake of discussion, as I'm pretty sure they won't take that 37.1% seriously. The against votes have changed steadily, dropping to 62.9%, which I find interesting though.

7. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

I want to be a gigolo! I'd like to service goblins and demons, too!

Roper Docholiday, DizzySol and Caliya like this.
  8. Crusader of Sacrifice

Crusader of Sacrifice Avatar

That is a funny mental picture. ^_^

TemplarAssassin and Gaelis like this.
  9. megaflux2

megaflux2 Avatar

i cant even imagine myself ever participating in such things (if it doesnt increase my stats or my stash i dont waste time on it), but i feel quite strongly that NOT including such things in a game that is taking itself as seriously as this is just wrong. some day someone WILL make a game without limits, where ANYTHING is possible, its just matter of who is going to do it first and how much $ we are going to give them.

just the magic in this game.. can i perhaps make a speed boat? i mean why not? can i not make a boat and then use magic to propel it at great speeds (wind+fire)? once you bring magic into the mix the only thing limiting the game is the imagination of those creating it.. i could be wrong but i dont think anyone helped fund this game to see nothing but things that have been done before.

10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Too funny. I missed some really funny conversations. :p

Roper Docholiday and Doctor like this.
  11. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I'm of the opinion that western society has our priorities wrong. We think a nipple is more offensive than graphic violence. I'd like to see those priorities shift over time to more European sentiments where nudity and swearing aren't nearly as offensive as graphic violence.

That being said, if this game had 500 features and only one of them was supporting sexually explicit encounters in a multiplayer setting, it would be targeted and known only for that one thing.

I don't mind that Dragon Age or Mass Effect has romance options in a single player game, but multiplayer is just asking for trouble, especially with kids playing the game. What if you unknowingly solicit a minor across the internet?

This cannot work under any circumstances.

12. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

I totally agree with this.

Caliya and Roper Docholiday like this.
  13. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

I love this thread... I had some of the best laughs in years reading some of the view points.

if this game had such nudity, brothels, lets ay ahem advanced dating techniques. I personally would find it a blast. in regards to some of the concerns brought up about minors and such... if this game had those features the game rating would go up to a minimum age purchase of 18 to buy. just the way the people who grade video games are.

where I do belive we can go a bit farther than we do ex. sims etc u can actually simulate sex and its not shunned heck the even allowed u to put same sex in the bed.

Lets be honest here. if we lived our lives like james bond we would not be playing this game. we all have real lives outside this game but many of us use this time in the game as a vacation from reality into a world many of us wish we could have been born into. that's why its called a fantasy game.

in todays society if we were to do this it would almost certainly not end well.

Caliya, Tahru and Keira OFaolain like this.
  14. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

old thread but... was funny to see a blossoming RP romance interrupted the other day for a quick ID check :D

15. Etheom

Etheom Avatar

No thank you

16. FanofIolo

FanofIolo Avatar

I wouldn't invest in or play a game that spends developer resources on sexually explicit content. The reputation of the game would change (I'm not saying "suffer" so as not to offend those who like this content). It would attract more people who are only interested in such roleplay. As is, I've had to put up with one player calling my avatar "hun" (for "honey"), and I found that extremely offensive. Just sayin'.

Bowen Bloodgood, Lord Lonn and lollie like this.
  17. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Wasn't me, i call you Kara sweetie-poo honeykins Brae ^.^

18. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Europe isn't a western society?
    Lol, reminds me of when Chinese talk about those untrustworthy easterners.

And I don't think that type of moral panic is exclusive to some parts of the world. Instead going across Europe or Asia or Africa it is amazing how much morality/culture changes from country to country and region to region.

It's just that for such a vast region the US is surprisingly culturally homogenous when compared to other regions of similar size.
    (Yes I know that us cultures differ greatly etc but there is simply no comparison to what you get in the same distances in Asia or Europe. )

FanofIolo likes this.
  19. Dasilva

Dasilva Avatar

wow really? umm no, just no, I think all the free sex crap that goes on in other games really has no place in SOTA, if your that desperate for adult scenes maybe you need to go outside a bit? not trying to offend, I just really think that if your sexual needs are needed in a video game then maybe your doing it wrong

FanofIolo and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  20. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

My sexual needs are already covered by the PVP content :)

Roper Docholiday and lollie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.