Bro, do you even Role Play???

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Owain, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

And THAT is why they don't want full loot, because they want to make the gear good and they want people to use it

2. Owain

Owain Avatar

Re-read what I wrote, Ace. I said I don't mind if there is exotic player made loot, but unless all gear is exotic (which would be stupid), there will be gear that is ok that Pvpers will use because it's cheap and easily replaced, and there will be fancy expensive gear that folk who don't select the Full Loot option will wear.

3. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I did read your other system and I am not totally opposed to it. I applaud you for your effort in it in fact. Like I said I do not care either way what loot system is placed. I really do not care to loot peoples items anyway, just what I would need and my purpose for role playing. I could care less if I got body trophies from people that are opposed to it, it is no "skin of my back" lol. We honestly do not know for a fact that it is. It is something they are proposing right now, but that does not mean things cannot change. I agree that the ransom system feels unnatutural. To me its just like insurance. You pay to keep your items. I hated insurance in UO. It's one of the things that ruined the game. It made the bless deeds insolvent. I digress, anyways, I just wanted to say that there is still time to make an impression on the dev's if many people support full loot. And the way you get support is by having discussions for it. Thats my only reason for saying what I am saying i guess lol.

blaquerogue and Owain like this.
  4. Sweetmcpwnsauce

Sweetmcpwnsauce Avatar

A decent arguement against the ransom system would be that I have some of the best armor/weapons in game and I'm fairly wealthy. Now a new player gets the game and tries to PvP but my super epic gear and skill level will dominate him all night giving me more gold since I'll sell the trash gear I get from the New player. The game will turn into WoW were you need the best gear to compete or you better be satisfied in dieing a sh*t ton. There are comes to this but after a couple of months in sure players gold will much out weigh those "high" repair costs at the start of the game. <];D

5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Some mens trash is another mans treasure! muahahahaha

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I guess if you want to make a lot of them to get noticed....but why not just in the other thread(s).?

There is a way to get around the body part looting...just have that seperate of the loot system...it's like an auto lootable...doesn't matter much to me but it seems important to others.

Here is the non Dev+ area thoughts on looting an death.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pvp-death-current-thinking-megapost.8247/

7. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I asked the mods why they allow so many pvp posts.. I got moderated lol. Now I just go with the flow. :(

8. Owain

Owain Avatar

Then ten guys in regular gear should knock you on the head in the hope of getting them a piece of the best gear in the game, shouldn't they? Repeatedly. You would be a walking candy store.

9. Owain

Owain Avatar

This thread is going pretty well on its own, going on six pages. Working pretty well, right?

10. Sweetmcpwnsauce

Sweetmcpwnsauce Avatar

Um in all games if you've got the gear you got the gold to manage a great number of deaths. I'll gladly toy with 20 players making them think they'll deplete my gold deposits, ROFL. <];D

11. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Owain, it really feels like you want the system that was in UO back, I don't think it would work here and the devs don't think so as well...at least so far. I'm hoping they try something new instead of that model to be honest.

12. Owain

Owain Avatar

Sounds like the devs want Open discussion, doesn't. Maybe more moderation is required.

13. 3devious

3devious Avatar

The last thing I want is another gear grind. I would love it if items have special purposes like an element type or something for specific types of enemies. It would be nice to research the foe (NPC or other player) find out their resistances through recognizing their gear or techniques from observing or fighting them. I want to get my fiery weapons because I know this person favors a certain type then gear up to challenge that. It isn't something I had to be level X to get, I just need to have the right tool for the right job.

The challenge would also come from only being able to carry so much plus the items you have for the task you set out to do. If you are hunting something specific, gear up for those encounters and have some consumables. The rest of the space is for loot from whatever you were hunting and recovery items. Everything I would be wearing or carrying would have a specific purpose. I want to wear the best gear for the task I am doing.

Owain and rune_74 like this.
  14. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Oh I am all for open discussion. Its that silly rule saying thou shalt not spam thy kingdom by making repeated posts on the same thing lol. They should remove it if they do not enforce it. I do not care any which way :)

rune_74 likes this.
  15. Owain

Owain Avatar

If you have read the thread, there has been some good discussion on role playing as it applies to Full Loot. You are the one trolling the thread. Slow night?

blaquerogue likes this.
  16. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

If I were to argue in favor of full loot, it would be for the sake of body parts not being able to be opt out of. I would love to have the necklace of people that would hate seeing me wear their ears as a necklace. ;) It would inspire hate for me, which I love, and would bring more pvp to my holdfast :).
    *step into my web says the spider to the fly* muhahahaha

Caska DiFumarate and Owain like this.
  17. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Wasn't trolling to be honest...was following the conversation that went back to the same arguement. Which I participated in...

18. Owain

Owain Avatar

Go back farther then. I can't control what people talk about.

19. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

There's nothing realistic about full loot. If we are going to be literal, then most adventurers would be carrying a kit that would be about their limit. There wouldn't be the possibility of dry looting anyone or anything. Further, realistically speaking a looter would look for cash, gems, jewelry first and foremost as these things are of known value and easily carried. Weapons are a possibility, definitely not armor as it would most likely smell and be infested.

I guess the real question would be: why do you think full loot is realistic? Why do you insist on this largely unpopular mechanic?

I question whether this is really for the purpose of role playing.

Silent Strider likes this.
  20. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

How the player uses the system does not define whether the system itself is unrealistic or not. What people look for first is irrelevant to their ability to look in the first place. Also your thinking that people would carry a 'kit' is more to do with encumbrance than 'full loot'. Neither proves anything about any kind of looting mechanic.

It terms of realism though.. which is more realistic. Being able to loot.. or not being able to loot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.