How long till we have an official released game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mavro, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

This is a smaller game for sure, but I am hoping it will sting like a AAA rpg in terms of gameplay and enjoyment. I would be happy to dig into this game during a fall/winter timetable.
    I dont expect the story to take more than 40 to 80 hours but it is evident there will be a lot of sandbox stuff to tinker with. Not to mention pvp.
    We have a long way to go to get there.

Sent from my GT-S5690M using Tapatalk 2

2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I shoot for short term goals. When will the servers stay up for more than a few days!

3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I said that because I said about a year away already:p

4. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

I don't think a year is unreasonable (as long as i periodically get to play what they've got so far i'm very happy, lol) and i wouldn't want them to release it before it's good and ready to go. Its such an ambitious project and will be such a great game i for one certainly want them to get it right. On the other hand they can't let it go too damn long or all of us will be yelling at them! The state it's in right now I would think a year out is probably pretty on-target. Also as a side note.. this lets me increase my pre-release pledge over time....

Severian of Nessus likes this.
  5. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

They said it would be at the end of the year (when Beta started), with a possible housing wipe when the home selection schedule started...

Vendetta Beretta likes this.
  6. Undelivered

Undelivered Avatar

I remember they said by the end of the year they want to shoot for 24/7 servers with no character re-rolls or wipes but we will see.

7. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

3 September, 2015

8. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

I think they said there will still be wipes, but not as often. They need to test out the economy over long term, and wipes may be necessary to reset stuff.

9. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Yep. There will almost certainly still be wipes. But we'll get 24/7 access at least (except for patch times, probably).

Vendetta Beretta likes this.
  10. Doppelganger [MGT]

Doppelganger [MGT] Avatar

Nope, not a possibility. The devs have already stated that they will not make the original deadline and for me, that is a very good thing. No one wants a game that is rushed to release. Personally, I am more than happy to see the game through to a later release date where we can all get a more polished and refined product.

No one knows for sure, but I am guessing an earlier summer of 2015 release.

Sophi and ByTor [MGT] like this.
  11. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Final Fantasy 27 :(

12. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Summer 2015 is my best guesstimate.

13. Sergorn

Sergorn Avatar

The only thing I care about release really : is that for the game to be READY.

Frankly : the LAST thing Richard Garriott needs on his resume is yet another incomplete and buggy release. Of course there were others external factors involved for the latest Ultima games and Tabula Rasa, but the fact of the matter is that Lord British hasn't released a stable complete game in over twenty years and it's the sort of thing that stick into people's mind. Most people won't care about Publisher interference and will just think "Hey that guy released a buggy game !"

Release SotA feature complete and as bug free as possible, make a good solid and stable game and that's what people will remember. I'd wait as long as needed if this makes it the best possible game.

-Sergorn

Severian of Nessus likes this.
  14. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Just in time for students to have some free time during summer. So much for the beach, or going to the river for a weekend.

ByTor [MGT] likes this.
  15. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

He's due. Ultima 4, Ultima 7, SotA. Although I remember U5-6 being quite good so I'm not sure why they should not be counted too. Ah never mind, this game will be good. He has no corporate monkeys, to monkey with his work like he did on the ones that weren't so good. He has a great track record without corporate monkeys on his back.

16. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

It's been a loonnggg time since his last go at doing something without corporate monkeys on his back. Even OSI was a child company of EA since 1992. (He had corporate monkeys on his back in the UO days.)

While it's accurate to say he has a good track record when he's allowed to do his own thing, it's also accurate to say he's had a terrible track record since he left UO some fifteen years ago. I don't think an appeal to historical trends is really what you want here. :p

17. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Well I'm one who upvotes natural creativity any day. Richard Gariott is very creative, and his approach to creating an immersive world is great. Non-creative people might have trouble seeing it. That's why the monkeys, and some of the apes in this forum don't seem to get it.

Doppelganger [MGT] likes this.
  18. Sergorn

Sergorn Avatar

To be fair Ultima VII was a clusterf*ck as well in term of bugs - to the point people complained they were paying to beta test the game - and that was before the EA Buyout.

That said it's only fair that the most ambitious games often ends up the most buggy - you're gonna get as much issue when doing a linear corridor shooter or a big open virtual world.

But really, avoiding bugs at all cost would be a must.

-Sergorn

19. ilcontegis

ilcontegis Avatar

I'd say middle 2015 for a beta and beginning/middle 2016 for a release.
    Too much has to be done....

20. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

Not absolute but I believe the last I heard was they will soon be leaving servers up 24/7 with only occ downs will prob have Housing release by then and no wipes but release to public won't be until summer or fall of 2015 don't quote me on this.
    But is Adoris coming out now it can't be too long before they keep servers up I would think by R188 lol no R12

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.