Every Character Name Has A Story, What's Yours?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captn Norrington, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

2. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

All of the names I use in games have been around for a very long time. For the past five years or so, I have gone almost exclusively by the name Trenyc, though in the past I have used Gadile and Johis as well. All three of these names are completely made up. They have no meaning other than the fact that I've been using them in role playing games for ages. Gadile was my Wizard in DnD, my mace/magery character in UO, and my Enchanter in EverQuest. Johis was my Paladin in DnD (he fell), my red mage in UO, and my Necromancer in EverQuest. And Trenyc was my Cleric in DnD and my Cleric in EverQuest. All of these names were used for many other characters in similar roles across many other games.

3. Jimmy Haffa

Jimmy Haffa Avatar

I've been using Jimmy Haffa since about 1998 on the UO Pacific shard. I was a dummy and misspelled Hoffa the first time but since it's always available in everything I just keep using it.

4. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

Lonn comes from Lon comes from Lon Chaney Jr who was the very best Wolf Man ever that I grew up with.
    So I just adapted it a bit, i've changed it from Lon Bimmer which I grew tired of because I just attached it from the car I have.
    I've been a long time fan of the wolfman and wolf, as a matter of fact back in the mid 80's I lived way up in the north woods of Wisconsin near Canada.
    Where wolfs did run wild and free and evidence of them was obvious, so it was a little Eerie going out at night in the pitch black night.
    But to get to the part I want to say is that I was given a pure breed German Shepherd pup, that grew up with our children and was a wonderful pet.
    We named her Staddo (polish for old grandma) so long story short about 75 mi south a man had a game farm with Lions and Elephants all kinds of odd animals for the type of area we lived in. So I inquired with him to have Staddo breed with his Canadian Timber Wolf (Chief) he was a beauty. Tall masculine proud. The old guy says just leave her here for 4-5 day and pay me $25.00 for food... I came back and he was just tickled says they had a grand ol time she'll have a good liter for sure. I'm not sure but I think it was about 14 weeks later Staddo had about 9 pups and 8 survived they were beautiful. She destroyed the one that didn't, took care of the cords herself cleaned them herself it was all and great natural thing. As they grew we had this siren that would go off at noon and 9:00 pm well at the 9pm one they all would howl at the same time it was sooooo cool. Some of my neighbors did inquire. I did eventually sell all of them off except for the runt "Lon" but Lon grew to be a monster bigger then Staddo bigger then Chief. I would have him chained to oak tree with logging chain. Somehow he would get free. He was not mean but was wolf he would not approach you straight on he would always go around and come from the side or from behind, which ever the wind was coming from. Lon would get off his chain go to the dump bring home trophies like a plastic swan or some other old yard ornament occasionally he would find where some guys were poaching deer and bring dad home a hind quarter.
    Lon and Staddo would run aroung the yard and field and play, as Lon grew bigger and Staddo got older one day Lon took his own mother down and she didn't get back up. Lon became too much work then and had to be destroyed. Then we had no pet after that.

Canis Dirus Dire Wolf

5. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

After playing Ultima V I always thought Greymarch was a cool name. I ended up naming most of my Fighters/Paladins that in those gold-box AD&D computer games. I always thought the name was that of the Bard living on the island but after replaying U5 I saw that his name was Greyson.

Doing more research/playing I found that Greymarch was the name of the stable boy! All this time! :D

6. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Its right here, on the tip of me tongue...

*gulps rum*

Hmm, Captain Jack has forgot. Girls, come!

7. Ator!

Ator! Avatar

My friends in grammar and hig school gave me this name. It is after the tv series produced by Joe D' Amato the famous Italian Film Director.

I always loved the series because the character is like my in real life. He loves nature, fights injustice, swordsman, alchemist, among other things.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ator

8. LordJarlson

LordJarlson Avatar

I played a game called Rune Viking Warlord for the Playstation 2. The main character name was Jarson something or another, was never really said to many times. So i added Lord onto it and called 'er good.

9. Lord Cecil

Lord Cecil Avatar

I've always been a fan of Final Fantasy's Cecil. When I started UO back in 2001 I couldn't come up with a name so I just picked Cecil and have stuck with this or Holycecil ever since.

10. Fatty

Fatty Avatar

Nickname I got from the jock-type kids, during high school....

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

blaquerogue, is from my call sign in the military there were 6 of us we had numbers for each like blaquerogue 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and my assassin in WOW was Blaquerogue.
    In Game i am Torniquet , a Cleric type constantly internally fighting with what is considered good and evil, he tries to do good but sometimes circumstances make him go over to the dark side and do things he wouldn't normally do based on alignment or standings, Thats where the Torniquet comes in, sometimes his actions will hinder himself such as, having a torniquet on restricts you from being perfect. You never know in what direction he will go, he could be your best friend or your worst enemy depending on circumstances surrounding him and others around him.

Ator!, Sweetmcpwnsauce, rild and 4 others like this.
  12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I wouldve kicked thier ass for you! and i am a D&D, geeky type person( but you wouldn't know it by looking at me), I had that problem once (only once) lol so screw them man! Way to turn a negative into a positive !! (whoops there i went to the darkside for a moment!)

13. Pashta

Pashta Avatar

I was looking for a "handle" for the BBS boards (pre-public internet) and/or CB radio when I was 15. I found Pashta in a cat-naming book. Pashta is an ancient, little-known Egyptian moon goddess. I've been using it forever (I'm 40 now.) I know one person stole my name and used it on aol after I stopped paying for it back in the 90's. She also knows what the name means so I can't really blame her, but I had it first and that's a fact. :)

14. Valdric

Valdric Avatar

Valdric (Flagg) was my first mage in UO, on Great Lakes. Valdric just came to me, and I thought it sounded cool and was fitting for a magic user.

It'll be me in Shroud like it was in Ultima, but I choose to use an alias. :)

15. rild

rild Avatar

Never knew of this .. must watch .. thanks!

As a devotee of Ma in all her forms (but most of all the blue ones .. Smashan Tara and the Virgin Mary) I must say thankee-Sai for your fine description & homage. :)

Ator! and Caliya like this.
  16. RDouglas

RDouglas Avatar

Rawnie DeDouglas..... same as in the SCA/bow..... just cause I gots the garb/wink

Captain Norrington likes this.
  17. Resurrected

Resurrected Avatar

My character names are just completely random & dependent on the toon, the class, the game etc on when I roll said character.

I've noticed over the years that it has become the norm that players give all there toons a generic first or last name with another name added. Me? I'm an old non conformist bugger so I just name as I feel at the time, I'm also an old table top D&D player so I never in my world did families (so no linked names).

As for my forum name?

I've had many people over the years ask if it's due to a religious reason? No it is not. It came about as I (may moons ago) got back in to fitness training after several years of "bad times", I ended up moderating a UK forum. At the time I was (I think 35), my handle was 35and startingover.....That 35 had to increase each year. I became fed up of changing, so I became Resurrected.

The only other name you may find me under is Threepints.....Is that all I can drink? I wish it was, it would have saved me so much money over the years. HEY!! I'm a Brit and we enjoy a drink.......Threepints comes from a nickname I was given in my early 20's.....as at the time the bar closed whem all the lads where out, I would always order myself "three pints".

18. Zyco

Zyco Avatar

Zyco was the second EQ character I made at release in 1999.. it became the character I played for years and most people I know call me Zy. I had his last name as Zeckendorf as he was a silly Halfling Druid, but eventually i dropped that because Dorf because what people called Dwarfs and I have been using Zyco Moosejaw now for years. There are other Zycos out there now... but I am the real deal! lol

19. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

What a horrible story...giving life to a creature then killing him.
    Humans...

20. RDouglas

RDouglas Avatar

OMG, sitting right next to Lord British ingame now!!!!! so nervous let Husband take controls/bow...... at tourney now/hugs to all.

Captain Norrington likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.