On PVP - The beauty of choice.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Lathiari, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Looks like I am doing just that. Almost off like you are attempting to keep me from voicing my opinion though.

I am only voicing a suggestion on tact, not stifling opinions. My interpretation of the direction of the game is pretty open. The more info we have the less open it needs to be. Full loot just happens to be something they out right said no and they have given zero reason to believe that has changed.

A more tactful route would be do push for more to be looted when PvP is between players blessed by the Oracle. ~ suggestion not rejection.

2. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

By that quote you put a higher emphasis on your playstyle whilst calling PvPers Butt Crack Thugs.

3. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

The fallacy being perpetuated here is that full loot can not be an option. It most certainly can as I outlined in another thread. Using a risk/reward slider you can dictate what you as a player are willing to accept. In combat between two opponents the victor is rewarded the lower of the loot settings. This enables players that want full loot to have it when defeating another player with full loot enabled.

No. It's not asking for some deep change to the system. It's not complex nor does it touch far more systems. Please stop with the false pretenses . As long as no one forces full loot on you then you shouldn't have an issue. Just please stop implying you know how this game should be made when there are, in fact, viable options that can satisfy individual play-styles other than your own. Again, it's about choice - risk vs reward. Stop over-thinking it.

sn0tub and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I love it when people say stop over thinking it when in reality what they mean is...they can change any system to support what they really want. What silent strider was saying was that he doesn't want other factors of the game changed in order to support full loot, ie gear etc like I have said all along.

Silent Strider and Ristra like this.
  5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

heres something i never have really understood, ....."Go to the Oracle to get perm PVP". To me thats crap! I should be able to just pick perm PVP from the start, i shouldnt have to do a dumb quest to become what i am already! thats like us saying in order for you to be PVE you have to complete a quest! *Doesnt sound so good now does it? i cant imagine any PVE people going for that!
    I havent seen a quest where you have to go through somone to be PVE! too me that is one sided, and complicating things for the PVP player, which in turn doesnt effect the PVE!

Maybe ive understood the Oracle thing wrong, i dont know?

I shouldnt have to quest to be PVP if i already am that from the start!

Honestly that would be wasted work on the game itself, when other things more important can be designed, Pick right from the character creation screen PVP or NOT

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  7. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

In all honesty, I think you have to finish the player content storyline before you will be able to access most of the lands anyway. To me this is an rpg with multiplayer options. If you want to pvp from the start you might have a bad time. Along the way you might get the blessing of the oracle, but probably not until you have discovered the map areas.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. gwartham

gwartham Avatar

To be honest, most PvPers aren't going to play this game, because compared to what they expected, its gonna be pretty thin.

The PvPers that do end up playing this will play in single player online, burn thru whatever they need to burn thru to get a PvP ready toon, ignoring everything along the way, and then the only other time you will see a PvP is in some stupid PvP que for some stupid bg, or in some city instance.

We wont end up being part of your world, like, at all, and we wont be here for long, so don't worry too much about it.

We wanted UO, we'd probably settle for daoc, but in the end we wont get anything close to either.

9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

SO this seems like a prime example of pushing the PVPr out of the game, but it seems to me with the combat set up they sure have spent alot of time working on something thats not going to be in there! SO at this point im not sure what direction the devs are working towards, maybe a clarification of the oracle and what the oracle matters to us PVP is in order. Personally i dont like someone else telling me how i will play!

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

The oracle is basically the entity that collects your data... its the "all seeing eye"... its supposed to record your pvp stats and other "choices" you make while playing, in order to build a more suited experience.

Total automation, no real balance...

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I would much rather be able to pick from bodies what i want not what you dont care about! We should get a choice if we have loot system at all, personally if in plate i dont want your weak leather armor or cloth armor, or your staff, but i do want things that matter to you! Or matter to me! I may take your sword if its good, i may take your armor if i can get a good price for it, i may take your regs if i too cast spells, or I may just leave your rotting body on the ground there! but the choice of what "I" want from you is gone (the choice) the open world do what i want part! The stuff im "allowed" to take from you may be crap to me!

12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ahh, ok can we kill off the Oracle? :)

13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Why does the oracle have to be involved in anything? I dont need something telling me what i can and cant do! I can make my own decisions! Whether they be virtuous or not. If your telling me this is an open world where we can be who we want that is a lie if something else is making our choices for us! (dumb Oracle)

14. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

*takes shield out and builds a "wall" in front of the skeleton knights*

15. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Probably because they are trying to make it make sense in lore...I know I know...pesky stuff.

dp_dropout likes this.
  16. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Who said anything about what, only how many.

17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Ask the Oracle not me? Maybe she can kick your butt in PvP and you need her permission to PvP on her turf? If you haven't noticed, they have a story going on here.

Silent Strider likes this.
  18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yeah but i should be doing what i want! :) story or no story!

19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yea the number of items is a lame way to do it, a time limit is also lame, if i can loot all your stuff before you get back to body or rez, it should be mine! So there i am meeting you half way, just get rezzed or back to your body quick before you lose stuff!

20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Challenge accepted!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.