The Avatar - A completed short story that took place around R1 (Firelotus Tavern wasnt open)

Discussion in 'The Library' started by blaquerogue, Sep 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

The Avatars

Sitting at my desk going through all these forums, posting replies, arguing with others, agreeing with others as well, boredom sets in. Im looking around my desk, there's my sword, over there is my dagger set, i also have a nice battle axe that was custom made to look like a phoenix ("Fire Talon" is her name), My Broadsword, "Sacred Strike", with its intriquet design, hilt to look like a helm with horns coming out of the sides, the skull compass on the sheath, my Helm smithed by the finest blacksmith i know, to replicate a wolfs head (sign of my household), but nothing attracts my attention more than my Battle Hammer, flat with a concave head, sharp spike on the other side of the hammer head, for the finishing blow, giving mercy to its victim for i am merciful, even though i seem merciless! Being a Cleric, it is my chosen weapon and its name "Judgement" that is my favorite of them all!
    A portal opens up to my surprise right next to me, and a voice beckons "Come forth Hospitlar!, your skills will be needed, more so now than ever, you have proven your worth so many times before in Britannia, and have held true to your Virtues, so many are broken now, suffering is a daily occurrence here since the world broke apart! Men and beasts alike have fallen to the roadside, lost in their thoughts". "What have we done? What has happened to us? Why has the world gone dark?" "You! - Hospitlar, are our only light in these dark times, many souls need healing, many of the broken virtues need mending, many vile dark beasts need be put back in the depths of the earth forced back to their darkened holes! We need light, and guiding, and this is where you come in Hospitlar, protect us from the the dark, wipe the tears from our children's eyes, and forgive us for our past selfish behavior, that has brought on the chaos, and have fed the fuel of its power ever consuming us! So please, we beg of you Avatar, Hospitlar, we need you and we need you now!"
    After short thought i don my armor piece by piece, as i recite my Mantra...........
    - "I wear this helm so that evil may not look upon my face and so I may not look upon evil without shielding my eyes"
    - "I wear this armor so that evil may not touch me, and i may not be stained by it!"
    - "I wear these boots so i may walk upon sacrilege grounds and stay sanctified"
    - "I wear these gauntlets so that i may not touch evil and may not be tainted by its blood"
    - "My shield is to defend the helpless and the weak, shelter them against the blows of evil"
    - "My War Hammer armed, to cast crushing judgment upon the evil that spreads its leathery wings, for its judgement is absolute"
    "I am Hospitlar"
    .....I step through the portal.

2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

...The heat is almost unbearable as i appear on the other side! gathering my senses i look around, apparently im in some sort of burned out house! The embers still aglow, sounds of battle outside, people running everywhere, an axe comes crashing down on its unfortunate victim (dealing blunt trauma?... and eventually death!) no time to think that through! Im a "Stranger in a strange land" unfamiliar with my surroundings i need to exit this area with stealth and speed to get somewhere i can absorb whats going on around me! I need a mount! Looking around i see none..well there's one over there but i believe its only for decoration, since i cant seem to get on it no matter how hard I try!? There's a cloak laying on the ground with some kind of serpentine device on it! Ill use that cloak to cover my armor and disguise myself as a fleeing victim of this town! I jump in with all the chaos, fire reigning down from the sky! One lone dragon flying over head! This cant be good! As im running out of the town an armored hand grabs my shoulder and an evil laugh comes forth from behind me! Immediately i spin around, and out from under the cloak a glowing hammer appears, abruptly ending the laughter in a gurgle of blood and bone, caught in the throat, and lungs of my assailant! Pulling my cloak back over the deadly weapon i continue, he never saw that coming! Running to the nearest house for cover im magically transported back to the gate entrance! "Damn i should have paid 200 plus dollars for a house and deed!" No time to fret over that, i need to keep running! Jumping over the dead bodies and weaving in and out of battles, every now and then swinging the hammer low, i crush what appears to be the "bad guys" knees in this situation, halting that fight and giving the upper hand to, he who once was its victim! I continue down the street. Up ahead i see a tavern, there's a sign that reads "Fire Lotus Tavern" -closed for renovations. It appears that magically no damage has been done to this particular building!? What the hell? Anyway i need to continue, my lungs burning from running so hard and breathing in all the smoke, i finally see where the town ends and the forest begins, I grab a couple wounded people and tell them to grab the women, and the children, and the wounded and follow me! They give me an astonished look, like some how it was written in prophecy somewhere I was supposed to be here! "No time to gawk follow me!" I yell out!" pretty soon i am no longer alone i have a small band of villagers in tow now! An arrow fly's through the chest of one of the villagers spraying blood on those around him, he falls to the ground! "Leave him! It is too late for him, he is already with his God and safe!" We find some dense foliage, I tell the people to "get down and hide behind it", they follow my directions without thinking twice! I tell them "to stay hidden until i return and make no noise!"
    I walk out to the middle of the road throw back my cloak exposing my armor, and the tell tale device emblazoned upon it "An Ibex in contourney ore(" A yellow mountain goat with grand horns facing to the right), and a flaming shield branded on the right side of my neck (The "WarSworn" symbol") I pull out my war hammer and wait! within moments appears the the archer! he throws down his bow and unsheathes his sword! A grin on his scarred face, he yells out "No one shall escape the grasp of us! and that includes you Priest and your petty followers!" He charges forth with much speed and power, I turn my body sideways barely missing the cut of his sword so close i can hear the air being cut in half, i toss the hammer to the left hand and raise it up past my left cheek, grab his sword hand taking control of his momentum, as i guide his arm onward i swing the hammer back to his face, meeting it with precision and power! The sound of crushing bone and a spray of blood, his grin replaced by a hole of caved in bone, and teeth! He lays motionless on the ground! Wiping the blood off my helm and hammer with his cloak, I see a chaotic emblem from the Vale. I rip it off his surcoat, and pocket it for further investigation into this chaos Ive appeared in so suddenly! I turn to the foliage and say "It is now safe to come out!" they appear out of the greenery and look at me in amazement, I turn back to the fallen victim and say his last rights as I cross his arms over his chest for his eternal sleep. "We must continue now!" After about an hour of travel we find an opening in the forest and set up camp. I tend to the wounded healing their wounds as best i can with my magic, and bandaging up other less damaged people. As im tending to the wounded i see the group talking amongst themselves, apparently picking one to be the liaison. A young man walks up to me cautiously, and says "Avatar?"
    ....."well, im not quite sure!? i need to gather my thoughts for a moment, please keep tending to the wounded and setting up a defense, we may need that sooner or later son!", with that the boy walked back to the group and they started to talk amongst themselves, and eventually moved out to set up a perimeter defense to our campsite.
    ok what to do, hmm? Looking around i saw the wounded clutching wounds and pressing bandages against the wounds that were bleeding out, some of them would not make it i knew! Just then i felt a vibration on my right leg!? What the hell? oh yeah i still had my cell phone on me! One bar left i had to make decisions and fast the battery was slowly draining! Three missed messages, it was "DeathBlow"! First messages was WTF!, Second was Blue rift in room!, Third Call me back ASAP!!!! I hit redial as fast as i could, he picked up, I said "Yo dude i just stepped through that thing! head to the outskirts of down and down the road! There will be battle along the way, so use your shady skills to get out of town!, I'll be at the first encampment you come to on the east side of the road about a mile out., Password for forward defense is "New steel mount"! With that i went to help reinforce the defenses around the encampment. I pulled some of the elders aside and forward scouts and told them that Deathblow was coming, you may or may not see him arrive but the password is "New Steel mount" if you do!

3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Deathblows Arrival -

"Oh hell! screw it! Blaquerogue stepped through the rift so i might as well too!" gathering his backpack shoving item after item in it, the importance of survival, such as a Six pack of beer, some Doritos, Carton of cigarettes (Blaquerogue may need it!), Twinkies, a pack of lighters,a large bag of Coffee (you know we are going to need that!) Daggers sheathed to body, laser gun tucked in back of pants he stepped through the rift! There was fire all around and people screaming for their lives upon the arrival! "Oh man this is going to be fun!" looking around he saw people running in all directions, some tough looking creatures hacking people down one ofter another, for no apprent reasons! He heard one of the Vile creatures yell out "You will all be our slaves or die!!!" Once Deathblow heard that all bets were off! He was not going to be a slave to anyone! Throwing his cloak around him he melted into the shadows, keeping close to the walls or what was left of them, timing the flickers of fire jumping to one shadow and another! He saw a house up ahead and snuck up to it, just to be teleported back to the street and wide open! (What the hell??)! Two creatures turned around and he knew he was spotted! "What have we here!?" said one of the raiders (obviously an Orc), the other chimed "aww looks like a little human come to rescue the realm! how cute!" Deathblow pulled out the laser gun "click", "click" nothing! He quickly tucked it back into his pants and pulled the daggers in almost one move! Lightening fast the daggers appeared before the the beasts! He twirled them around so fast all you could see was a shiny blur, the first Orc charged head on! Deathblow met his charge! just before impact he dropped to the ground and rolled under the beast just to come up behind him climbing his back dagger after dagger sticking deep like a mountain climber climbing up the mountain with his picks! Blood gushed out of the back of the orc, and he could hear him slowly choking on his own blood because his blows went through the orcs lungs as they penetrated his flesh, Finally at the top of this mountain, the final dagger swiped through the orcs throat, as delecate as a violinist draws his bow across the violin! Deathblow rode the orc down to the ground on his back and gave a devious grin to the other orc that was in complete shock from the amount of blood pouring forth from his partner! The second orc charged in a blind rage toward Deathblow (exactly as he had planned!) with a quick roll out to the right the orcs momentum carried him on stumbling forward, a quick flick of the wrist Deathblow let one of the dagger fly, with complete precison the dagger stuck true into the back of the orcs neck into the spinal cord paralyzing him on the spot! Casually Deathblow walked up to the orc grinning, the orc fully aware that he could not move, and leaned down to him and pulled out the dagger! Wiping his daggers off on the paralyzed orc all he could do was look up at him! He sat on the orcs chest and picked through his pockets, pulled out some gold pieces and gems from his purse, and took some papers out of his sack. As the orc started to pass out Deathblow smacked the orc to bring him back to the now, and winked at him! Shoved a twinki in his mouth and said, "you shouldve slid that slider thing to non-pvp *****!", and drove his dagger through the orcs heart! He pulled his cloak around him and dissapeared into the shadows.
    Just outside of town he came upon a small group of Orcs looking around and trying to figure out why their comrades face was smashed in, dead here on the road? Slipping into the foliage off the road Deathblow moves in closer to see what he could hear. The biggest Orc said "This was our best archer how could this happen?" the other orcs just as dumbfounded just looked around paranoid! finally the Big Orc said "Two Hundred gold pieces to the man that bring me the head of the one that did this! But tonight we camp here!" Music to Deathblows ears he waited until night fall. One Orc was keeping watch while the other three slept, as silent as a serpent Deathblow creeped through the woods sliding up behind the unwary and tired Orc, left hand across the mouth and nose so no sound could escape he drew a crimson line across the orcs neck, sliding him quietly to the ground! He then slowly moved toward the nearest sleeping Orc, keeping upwind of the beast. For such a vile beast he had almost a peaceful look upon his face as he softly snored away, a quick slice of the throat, this Orc would never wake up again! The big Orc was starting to stir Deathblow froze, inches from the Orc, as the Orc rolled over his sword slipped to the ground and made a clanging noise, immediately the Orc woke up staring Deathblow in the face, a swift kick sent Deathblow flying against the nearest tree next to his first victim. The big Orc grabbed his sword and stood up! Deathblow gathering his senses, gained his stance both daggers gleaming in the darkness, the Orc charged, but when he got to where Deathblow was there was nothing but a shadow, quickly turning around he saw the brush move to his right the Orc quickly directed his attention to that spot squinting out into the darkness, another movement to the left the Orc swung around again glinting out into the darkness, nothing, quiet as a summer night could be! The Orc spoke, " I know your out there human! Come and play with me!" from the darkness another voice "well Orc how much will you pay me to let you live?! Three, four, five hundred maybe?!" Just then like a flash of lightening a cut appeared across the orcs chest stumbling him backward! The Orc turned in the direction he thought the rogue went, "Ahh so we are a quick one are we!?" The brush moved again to the opposite side, the Orc swung around swinging his sword, but cutting nothing but air! Another crimson line appeared on the orcs back, this one a little deeper and blood started to pour from the wounds! Again a voice from the darkness came forth "I was thinking more along the lines of maybe one thousand gold pieces! What do you think?" The Orc yelled out "you will not live to see one gold piece rogue!! again from the darkness "You ever wonder why the stars guide out fates Orc? The sky is so full of stars yet each one represents ourselves and our paths, go ahead take a look 'tis a clear starry night maybe your star shines tonight!?" Distracted by the conversation the Orc looked up into the sky, a silvery star took shape falling from the sky but turned out to be one of the daggers held by Deathblow! The dagger easily slid through the orcs eye into his brain as blood and ichor came rolling out, the Orc dropped his sword, and fell to his knees, blood trickling from his eye socket and mouth draping down his face like the lava oozing out of an ever active volcano, with a quick twist of the knife life faded away from the Orc! Deathblow said one last thing to the Orc as he faded, "The stars shine not on you tonight!" cutting his purse he took all of the gold and gems within it "this should be a good starting egg for this world, onward to Blaquerogue "The Hospitlars" campsite" tucking the gold and gems away and cleaning off his daggers he headed down the road.
    About a mile out Deathblow could make out a campfire ahead, he slid off into the foliage, not sure whether this was the campsite Blaquerogue had set up or not. Slithering through the woods, and arrow dug a hole in the ground next to him he looked around but saw nothing, then another and another! A voice from the trees sounded out "Password!" Deathblow could not make out any forms in the trees no matter how hard he looked, so he finally stood up and said "New Steel Mount"! magically appearing around him three elf like creatures walked up and the leader of them said "Welcome Deathblow, Blaquerogue is waiting for you at camp please continue that way, as quickly as they appeared they vanished. Deathblow continued on.
    As he approached the camp the smell of venisin was abundant, and there standing by the fire was Blaquerogue the "Hospitlar". "Welcome Deathblow!, i know you may be surprized at my name based on my character class but it does keep people in the dark about what and who i am! Have some food, here by the fire, i trust you brought a carton of cigarettes and some coffee, we will definately need them, and i just smoked my last cig!! Sorry i didnt return your call but i was a bit distracted!" deathblow replied "Not a prob man and of course i brought the smokes and coffee!" They told each other of thier adventures thus far, Blaquerogue said "they asked me why would i invite a rogue into camp? I told them its nice to have friends that can walk in the shadows when i have to stay in the light!" Deathblow and Blaquerogue laughed together! Blaquerogue also stated that we were waiting for others to arrive Trapper ,Crusader of Sacrifice and Carlin the Archer to name a few, they are expected soon! This was going to be an adventure worth taking!

4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Crusader of Sacrifice arrives and, also the despicable Verminus Crow -

Crusader Got home late from work, sat down at his desk and rubbed his eyes, "God i hate my job its so boring! All they do is switch my schedule around and crap like that! But i have to work economy sucks! I wish there was more to my life than just work!!" out of the corner of his eyes he saw a blue glow coming from under the closet door, "What the hell?" As his computer loaded up he got the familiar "Ding" letting him know he had email, pretty soon it was followed by more "Dings? in succession! Blaquerogue had blown up his email! "Yo Crusader are you there!!!, Dude your not gonna believe this! Ok there's this blue umm. hmm moon gate looking thing in my office, i just got home from work and there it was next to my desk LG's voice came through talking about virtues and stuff and how there all broken and stuff Im donning my armor and grabbing my weapons ill meet you there! check your texts i cc'd a copy of the text to you and Deathblow telling you where to meet us! peace Bro! Oh and be ready to fight when you step through the rift, moon gate thing! With that Crusader started packing up his stuff pulling out his armor and weapons, grabbed a bottle of Vodka and a bottle of Jim Beam, packed them away knowing that was the choice of drink for them last time they went out to the bar! Crusader left email for Trapper and Carlin the Archer explaining to the best of his abilities what was going on, packing the last bit of food and extras, fully armored and weapon at ready he stepped through the rift. ...Arriving on the other side of the rift, Crusader let his eyes adjust to his surroundings. He saw buildings all around him on fire and destroyed, bodies strewn across the ground deathly eyes staring off into the never, Orcs and other vile creatures were hacking innocent people down all around! Taking cover behind a wall he began to recite his prayers, a blue glow enveloped Crusader tinging his armor blue this was his protection from evil spell, he held his sword tight and concentrated immediately the sword started glowing yellow with smite undead spell! He held his holy symbol in his hand and gave it a kiss before stepping out into the melee.
    Orcs and other beasts were busy fighting all around him, picking out his first target he noticed a lone man, pale skin, kneeling before a body. The Orcs seemed to be steering clear of this individual as well as the other creatures, Crusaders sword began to glow brighter! The detect evil spell imbued in his weapon began to pulse. The pale skinned man took his dagger and sliced open the corps with surgical expertise, he pulled something out and put it in the mouth of the corps, took his blood and drew a symbol upon his forehead! Crusader noticed most of the bodies behind the pale man already had this mark on their foreheads, the man looked up at Crusader and gave a wicked grin, drool coming from the corner of his mouth. "Hello, Holy Knight! (spittle from his mouth sprayed in disgust!) Might i introduce myself!? I am Verminus Crow!, you may have heard of me, and if not you will never forget me for eternity and there after! He waved his hands in an erratic motion, a red glow appeared around Crusader's body, then he was stricken with excruciating pain! He fell to the ground in a fetal position and said "Death Magic!? Heretic, i will send you back to the hell from whence you came!! Verminus just smiled his toothy grin and said "I assure you I am well beyond Heretic! behold!" he opened his arms and took a bow, the dead bodies started to rise! Crusader felt the pain strike spell wearing off! He felt the strength coming back in his body, the sword glowed with intensity! He launched himself at Verminus sword leading the way! When the tip of his sword reached its target it went straight through and Verminus's body went from solid to ethereal! As he flew straight through the shade all he heard was laughing, then he said "i do not have time to play with you Paladin for my armies await me, but i promise we shall meet again and then i shall take your soul!" Crusader hit the ground and rolled coming up in a defensive stance shield and sword in front of him, staring into the empty eyes of the undead before him! He closed his eyes tightly and mumbled something, a bright flash rippled out around him, the undead falling to the ground in burning embers and an explosion of ash! The glow on his sword died out! Now he had the attention of the Orcs!
    Crusader turned to face five huge Orcs! The first two looked at each other and one said "this puny Human is mine!" The other Orc grabbed his friend by the throat and said, "You had the last two its my turn!" with that a fight broke out between the two and they started fighting each other! The other three smiled through their tusks, and began the charge! When the Orc met Crusader in the charge, the first thing the orc felt was a shield smashing him in the face breaking one of his tusks in the process and stunning him, apparently under-estimating the strength of Crusader! The other Orc came in from the right, battle axe leading the way! Crusader caught the axe with the top of the shield halting the axe midway between the two! With a quick yank of the shield, the axe flew off to his right, he pressed his shield into the orcs face blocking his sight, when the shield came back down, then, the orc knew his demise, Crusader had cut a gash straight across his stomach! When the Orc looked down, there on the ground lay his innards! Everything went black!
    Crusader turned to the other Orc, stunned by the horrific sight of his friends innards on the ground, he turned and started to run! Crusader swung his sword low gashing the back of the leg, the orc face planted in the ground, before he could turn and look at Crusader he felt a sharp pain in his back and the feeling of a sword sliding through then out the front and stuck into the ground! The Orc could no longer feel anything he just stared at the ground until his life slipped away! Ripping the sword out of the orcs back Crusader left a crimson arch! bringing his sword straight down on the head of the now recovering Orc that was stunned from the shield bash, The orc swung his axe at an angle from right to left, Crusader swing his sword from left to right in an upward motion stopping the axe and deflecting it away rolling his sword off the axe and into the right shoulder of the Orc! The arm with the axe flew off to the right and landed on the ground! After the downward chop Crusader brought the sword full circle and back down again the Orcs head rolled between the two fighting Orcs! An abrupt stop to the melee between the two, they turned and looked at Crusader! With a thunderous roar they both charged obviously in berserk mode! The first Orc hit him so hard that it knocked Crusader off his feet shield flying one way, and sword the other! He was truly vulnerable now! The second Orc came in behind the first charging! Certain doom creeped up on Crusader!

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Carlins Arrival -

... Meanwhile in the real world Carlin the Archer got home from work and realized he had missed a message from Crusader, reading his text he was like "what the hell is Crusader talking about blue rift appearing?" As he walked towards his door he could see a faint blue glow underneath coming from his house! He went to his car and grabbed his tire iron and cautiously approached the door! As quiet as he could he slid the key into the door and turned it slowly cracking it. Immediately he was covered in a light blue light, whoa! this must be what Crusader was talking about! He changed out of his work clothes and grabbed his leather armor and bow, packed some things for a trip and stepped through the portal! Appearing in the burned out remains of a town he quickly looked around, he saw two Orcs closing in on a pally that was down for the count! He pulled out three arrows and nocked them on the bow string pulling back with as much force as he could, he lined his pull hand up with his cheek, tilted the bow at an angle looking down the middle arrow he lined up his shot and released the string, a familiar twang the arrows sailed! Crusader was looking directly at the first Orc with his battle axe raised! Crusaders life flashing before him, then he heard a dull thud and a scream! The Orc had one arrow through the eye and the other just below it, the Orc flew back from the hits lifting him off his feet as he hit the ground face splashed with his own blood! The other Orc also screamed he had an arrow straight through his heart and was grasping it, and gasping for air! he looked past Crusader, there standing on one of the burnt out houses second floor stood Carlin wide grin on his face the shot was precise!
    Carlin jumped down from the building and grabbed Crusader and pulled him over to a less visible spot and grabbed his shield and sword then handed them to him, "Are you ok?!", Crusader replied "by the gods! their light has definitely shined on me today!" Upon a closer look they recognized each other! "Sorry man i just got your text, i was in a meeting all day and i was like what the hell is he talking about! then i saw the rift in my house! and was like Oh yeah! SoTA is finally out!" Crusader explained that Blaquerogue had talked to him and told him that he and Deathblow were waiting for them at a camp outside of town and they need to get there as soon as possible. They are setting up a war party now and going to try and save this town! I was going to grab Sindariya but shes still locked up in the tavern and is no getting in there yet! So well have to grab her later! with that they continued on their way keeping close to cover as much as they could!
    Down the road they saw a barrier between town and "out of town", the creatures had set up a roadblock with pieces of rubble strewn across the width of road! They had Orc guards at the blockade, ready for anything coming from the outside of town! Carlin told Crusader to "stay in the shadows and stop anything that comes between the blockade and where he was hidden!" He then said, "wait for the signal before you head towards it, you will know it when it happens!" Crusader cast a couple buff spells on Carlin as he headed up the road, darting from one shadow to the other, he then disappeared all together, blending in with rubble strewn along the road!
    As Carlin closed the gap between he and the blockade, he looked around for something that he could use to increase the chances of causing a diversion big enough to signal Crusader. There is was, plain as daylight, a barrel full of lamp oil, a grin came across his face! He found some cloth laying around and soaked it in the barrel, found some street lanterns laying around, he scooped them up and filled them with the oil as well. After re-corking the barrel he laid it on on its side, pulled his dagger out and pried the space between the wood slats, loosening the sealant between them until the oil was pouring out! He then wrapped the tips of his arrows with the dripping cloth, grabbed the three lanterns buy the handles and threw them at the barricade, then he shoved the barrel with his foot and sent it rolling towards them! Bringing his arrow down to collect flame from a burning piece of debris, he let arrow after arrow go! The lamps came crashing down on the Orcs and they were looking up from where it came from then they heard the bang of the barrel hitting their barricade, immediately the make shift guard post burst into flame as well as the Orcs manning it! Screams could be heard from where Crusader was hidden, and the area lit up in a blast of fire! There was the signal! Crusader moved in!
    The Orcs were running around on fire, screaming from the intense heat and burning! Crusader fell into a full charge! The Orc that escaped burning death was about to find death again, in the form of Crusader jumping high in the air leading his way with shield out front, a dull thud of the Orcs face being mashed back into its skull, it hit the ground stunned! In a blink of an eye, Crusader swung his sword in a low arc cutting through the Orcs chest leaving a red streak of blood in its wake! The Orc looked down and realized the last thing he would see would be his innards sliding out to the ground! Crusader turned towards the burning Orc and his eyes narrowed, out of the Orcs forehead appeared the tip of an arrow, the Orc stopped in his tracks with crossed eyes he fell to the ground motionless! Carlin was up on a piece of debris smiling bow in hand "You have to be faster than that old man!" he yelled out! Crusader shook his head, and then saw another Orc coming at him on his right flank and two more coming in behind that one! Crusader lowered his stance bending at the knees and tilting his shield semi up ward, and charged in the first Orc a little heavier than he prepared for was scooped up and thrown over the shield Crusader continued under him and shield bashed the 2nd Orc in line, abruptly stopping the charge! The Orc Stunned stumbled backward and raised his battle axe! Crusaders sword swung up from the Orcs left hip up to his right shoulder, leaving a crimson line distinguishing, what the path of the sword was, blood started to pour! The Orc brought the axe down with fierce pressure, connecting with Crusader shield arm, making it limp, Crusader felt the tingle in his arm it was definitely broken, but no time to harp on that, as quickly as the axe came down it was raised again for a second strike! No shield to use this time he had to match the blow locking the sword and axe together in the air! Then he unhinged the sword from the axe bringing it down cutting the Orcs ankle in half! The Orc hit the ground and Crusader jumped on him running the sword through his heart! One last reach for the sky and last breath before the Orcs lungs filled with it vitae! The fight was over! Looking to the third Orc, he to dead, with two arrows in his face burning tips smoldering away! Carl and Crusader ran down the road out of town!
    Crusader carrying sword and shield on one arm knowing his arm was broken had to stop! He asked Carlin "to make sure they weren't being followed"! he had to stop and fix his arm! Carlin knowing the extent of the damage, knew this would be a good time to mend it, so he took off into the woods and followed the road behind them until he found a good place to hide, he scampered up a tree, and sat there as quiet as the branches themself! Crusader began to work his magic concentrating on his arm healing, slowly it began to mend, although the pain was excruciating at every step of the process! Carlin came back and said "hows it doing? It still looks kind of swollen!", Crusader replied, "I believe it worked, the swelling should go away momentarily! Any thing following us? Carlin shook his head no, "it looks clear, but we need to continue to Blaquerogue's camp! Are you good to go?" Nodding Crusader stood up rotated his arm and he let out a couple grunts, but he was fine, they continued on their way. Carlin ran down the road hugging the shrubbery scouting ahead. Just then he stopped in his tracks there was a dead Orc on the ground, face caved in! He also saw tracks of people leading into the woods. He ran back to Crusader and told him of the news.
    As they approached the Orc corpse they saw a pack of four wolves tearing away at the dead Orc. The wolves stopped looked up at the unexpected visitors and began a low growl! Teeth glaring in the mouth, blood staining the muzzle, immediately they were in attack mode and the four, charged the two! Carlin with blinding speed knocked an arrow and let it fly stopping one wolf in mid pounce, its body hit the ground lifeless with a thud! The second wolf leaped onto Carl this attack was unavoidable! Crusader had the attention of the other two! One of the wolves leaped at him and he deflected the beast with his shield, which sent it flying out to the left tumbling on the ground where it landed! The other wolf came at him, he swiped his sword out to the right catching its leg with the tip of the sword, and a yelp from the wolf! Carlin was on the ground with the wolf on top of him blocking the attempts of the creature to bite at his throat! He shoved his arm, with his arm guard into the wolves mouth, shielding his skin from being torn and held it there like a bit to a horses mouth, he managed to shift the weight of the wolf by hitting it with his fist in the snout flipping his body to where he was now on top of the wolf! He locked his free hand to his arm and leaned back pulling the wolves head upward until there was a loud crack! The wolf lay silent!
    Charging back at Crusader the wounded wolf leaped at him again, shield came from the left side and smashed the wolf to the ground! The wolf flipped over and came in for another attack, a quick side step and sword swing from the right, cleaved the beast in half, hind end fell to the ground, and front end of wolf kept going with its momentum and hit the ground as a pool of blood formed around the carcass! Carlin brushed himself off and picked up his bow, and reunited with Crusader. The noise had brought a rustle in the bushes to the left, immediately on guard for another wolf to come popping out the two stood at the ready! emerging from the woods was a group of men, their swords drawn! did you come from the town? The biggest belched out!
    Crusader stepped forward. "We mean you no trespass or harm, we are looking for our friends, Blaquerogue and Deathblow! I am Crusader and this is my friend Carlin! The rag tag group of men dropped their swords, and relaxed. "Ahh, we have been waiting for you to arrive! Glad to see you have made it! We were also expecting a maiden in your group Sindariya by name, I hope there is no ill news of her!? Carlin stepped forward and lowered his bow, "Sindariya is safe for now she is Safe and well in the Fire Lotus Tavern, where by magical means is the only protected building in the town!" The old warrior said "very well then please follow us to the camp!" After about a half hour of travel they smelled the fire and food of the camp and could see it through the woods up ahead!
    Blaquerogue was bandaging up some people, and Deathblow was poking a stick in the fire. They both looked up, and headed over to them. Blaquerogue waved them in and said "well met friends and welcome to the camp! There is food and drink over there by the tent, if you are hungry or thirsty! Deathblow raised a bottle of Jack Daniels and said "Im glad you got my messages!" Since weve been here the cell phones dont work anymore and when we try to explain what a cell phone is all we get from the villagers is "i do not understand" so those are useless here! Im glad you guys made it, Im sure it was no easy task getting here!" Blaquerogue chimed in,"Come and sit by the fire and eat and tell us of your adventure thus far!"

6. Crusader of Sacrifice

Crusader of Sacrifice Avatar

Hehe. I like this story. I was wondering where it went. I am glad it is back. ^_^b Now, I just need to finish the other one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.