The greatest piece of fan fiction seen here to date is coming!!!

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Caveloot.com Owner, Sep 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stile

stile Avatar

http://thecaverns.net/Podcasts/something-epic-will-released-92714/

Something Epic will be released on 9/27/14

On Saturday, 9/27/14, in the evening (exact time yet to be determined) something epic will ECHO from the Caverns. aired by both Echoes from the Caverns and played on Avatars Radio, the first part in a four part story will begin. Airing every week this four part series includes voice acting by over TWENTY-FIVE people!

This production done in the style of an old-time radio show has been over three months in the making! Stay tuned between now and next Saturday to learn new information each day until the play goes live!!!
    For today, the cast!

Sir Stile TeckelPresents
    The Avatar Chronicles I: Return of the Avatar
    Directed and Produced by Lord Baldrith
    Writer and Music Supervisor: Gabriel Nightshadow
    Casting Director and Court Jester:
    Time Lord
    Assistant Casting Director and Director of Public Relations:
    Amber Raine
    Cast
    Lord Baldrith as Nystal, Lord Baldrith, Mingo, and General Ruko
    Asclepius as Lord DarkStarr, Red Badger, Kuroseth, Malgor the Mighty, Demon Lord Argax,
    Henry, Morgan, Brian, and Group
    Joe Garrity as Gabriel Nightshadow
    Amber Raine as Young and Adult Chariya and Amber Raine
    Carlin Archer as Carlin
    StaticGrazer as Lord Shadowreign
    Lord Trenyc as The Tall Albino Man
    Majoria70 as Vastra
    Duke Greagoir as Duke Garen and the original Avatar
    Dwalin Bruchberg as Christopher Nightshadow
    Little Geek Lost as Fire Lotus
    Sarg as Marius
    Brian Manown as Samuel
    Sir Stile Teckel as the Mayor of Ardoris
    Indi Martin as Lanthirthel and Annese
    Dame Lori as Jessica and Katherine
    Kamie as Sister Agnes and Lareth
    Sir Cabirus as Hans and Gunther
    Steve (Lacr0bat) as Master Jonir, Sir Charles Campbell, Enemy Soldier and Group
    Logan (Chips36) as Marek, Teenage Boy, and Group
    Elizabeth as Dragon Lord Siobhan, Sarah, and Group
    Thornrage as Dragon Lord Jero Oraci and Robert
    Brian D. Taylor as Enemy Commander
    David Peters as Guard Bob
    Stephen J. Goldman as John
    With
    Cipheruzmad as Lord British and Barek of the Old Gods
    And Starring
    Asclepius as The Great Storyweaver

[​IMG]

Zantul, Lady Adnor, Bow Vale and 16 others like this.
  2. stile

stile Avatar

In just 6 more days, Echoes fro the Caverns will unveil the largest production we have worked with the community to create, to date!! In fact this has been so big, so long in the making, we may not tackle another like it for quite some time!! So be sure to listen in and keep up each day with the teasers!

http://thecaverns.net/Podcasts/just-6-days/

Mata, Asclepius, AvatarAcid and 3 others like this.
  3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Looking forward to it!

4. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Could this ever be performed in game?

5. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

That's a very good question, Vyrin o_O Probably not, since it would be rather difficult assembling the entire cast in one location and because of the length of the story (2.5 to 3.0 hours) :(

6. StaticGrazer

StaticGrazer Avatar

Good to see this come to fruition.

7. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

We are so excited to have it airing Sept 27th 9pm CST on Avatars Radio! Could not ask for a better birthday present! We shall be holding the reading in Bears Tavern at this time also, for those in the cast to be able to meet and greet!

Zantul, Mata, Asclepius and 3 others like this.
  8. stile

stile Avatar

Like Gabriel said, probably not. Im no so much worried about assembling a cast, as theres no reason it would have to be the same cast that did the recording, nor would it have to be as many people. Since in game is graphical/text only - could have one person play a lot more role changing clothes between roles.

I think it COULD be done in game.. but I think it would be to long. Participants/viewers would get bored. Rehearsals by those doing the play would take months to prepare, etc..

it would be Epic.. I think about half this size would be the largest we would ever want to see as a play in game though *grins*. Hour max sortta thing. Who knows thought? Time will tell.

Doing a little more PR on this thing (my sites down, so it shall be here only today).. - I just want to do some general chit chat about it :)

I think us pulling off the recording itself has been epic. The roadblocks, issues, etc we have had have been huge.. *laughs* poor Avatar Acid has had to record lines a half dozen times.

Lord Baldrith was spending multiples hours per week for the last few weeks evening out sound, eliminating background noise, piecing the lines together. Its a masterpiece of sound editing.... as none of this was recorded live or as scenes.

What you will hear was individual lines done by individual people, and sent to Lord Baldrith or I. Asclepius has picked up the final editing, tweaks and adding in the music since Lord Baldrith has had some life issues come up.

Gabriel Nightshadow of course not only wrote it, but had to be consulted a lot as revision needs came up.. and dont get me started on revisions and how much of an issue those are!

Time Lord did a lot of the "initial" casting.. and then for about the last 6 weeks or so I got about another 15 or so of the characters cast and the lines into us by hitting up people I knew and begging them *winks*. Amber also put the call out for voice actors for us a few times on Avatars Radio as well, and that was a huge help.

What I like though is this has greatly extended our list of who is willing to record podcasts / fiction, and poetry for Echoes. We now have more people then we have time to use as if we use them all.. wed get more coming back then we have time to edit and post. Its really a nice position to be in. Asclepius is sort of rotating pieces out to each of them so as to give everyone a chance to keep their vocal cords involved :).

Im enjoying getting to spend less time on such things now that a good group has been established that we can depend on.. in short we now have a really solid and firm team, in large part due to this production. Both Time Lord and Amber Raine helped drum up some voice actors early on for this. Its an amazing team effort that not only allowed us to create this amazing piece of work (and trust me everyone - I get chills when i listen to it, but I think part of that is because I know how much time, effort, and work went into it by soooo many people).

But our addition of Sarg, Joe Garrity, Little Geek Lost, Static Grazer, JWchambers, Lady Andor - just to name a few examples - are now people willing to do regular recordings for us on smaller pieces. wether its narrating and doing a charceter solo for an entire smaller piece.. or doing some lines for a smaller piece we want to have 2-3 people do. We owe doing this larger piece to actually bringing them on board for longer term smaller stuff. So it really helped the podcasting service grow from a 2-man show (Lord Baldrith and myself) to a huge major team!!!

Heck - Asclepius himself joined up with us from starting this piece, and hes now in the captain seat until Lord Baldrith is back, and then hes in 1st officer position!!! So by doing a major piece like this, it helped us grow into a huge major team, just for the day to day smaller stuff :)

There where weeks I had to spend 10 hours a week conversing and looking for voices actors, chasing after lines, emailing them to everyone, etc.. I can't begin to say how excited I am to see this coming near live airing to the community!! And trust me, those same weeks everyone was just as busy. Sound files getting drop boxed around, reviewed, changes requested *laughs*.

Whats next? Well.. we definitely want to take a break. Lord Baldrith is away for a bit. I cant put the time into another project like this again on a weekly basis, that i put into this one. Asclepius agrees we all need a breather for a bit.. so.. next? After this airs, we have a special version of it we will be releasing.. something extra cool (Thats all im going to say on this *winks*).. And we have close to 40 smaller pieces we are working on getting done (thats just Asclepius and I, mostly Asclepius). We do have a couple of larger pieces that this type of old time radio show format would be great for, both by Gabriel, and one or two by other authors. Im sure at some point well probably tackle another one... but I think we are looking at a bit later vs. a bit sooner :)

Anyway - I encourage everyone in the community to listen to this as it goes live. Wether on Avatar Radio or if you listen to if off Echoes from The Caverns, grab it off Itunes from Echoes of the Caverns, or even jsut download it and put it in your car...

Even if its not your normal thing and your not a fan fiction fan, or someone who likes audio books (as really, thats what this is..). At least take a partial listen just to honor the huge number of people that worked on this. They all put in a TON of time on this, and they really deserve some recognition for it. I want them to get a HUGE standing ovation from the community once this goes out :p. The thing is... its not even asking for much. IF you listen to it, keep in mind this was done by a group of amateurs (err..mostly, we had a few voice actors that are more towards the professional side of it), and that its the first time they tried anything like this (believe me - the learning curves.... wow), then you will most likely be impressed :)

Of all the projects I have been involved in, its certainly one of the ones I am the most amazed by, and the most honored to have had the chance to be a member of and help coordinate. Id add one disclaimer "the Presented by Stile Teckel" at the top of the credits, was all them.

Never told them this, but the first time I opened that file and saw that it gave me chills and I stared at my screen for a long while. I was not expecting it....It touched me. Truly great people, every one of them. Cant say enough about how frustrating this has been in so many ways and aspects.. and how amazing it is to know we are... done. Sharing it all with you in just 4 more days!

Mata, Bow Vale, Sir Cabirus and 5 others like this.
  9. Gabriel Nightshadow

Don't be so modest, Sir Stile o_O You did a fantastic job of keeping this production on track when problems arose :D

10. Gabriel Nightshadow

Be sure to tune in to Avatar Radio tomorrow evening at approximately 9:00 PM Central Time (following the newscast) for the rebroadcast of Once Upon A Time Lord, the prequel to The Avatar Chronicles I: Return of the Avatar o_O

11. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

I will second, third and fourth that! As we just give praise upon praise to Sir Stile live on air and in our studio.

<~amber_Raine> Sir Stile - Tickle me Elmo
    * ~amber_Raine giggles
    <~amber_Raine> Stile *is* kinda awesome :D

Lady Adnor responded on mic just how absolutely awesome he is. We all agree! :)

Humble as ye may be Sir. You *are* all that and a massive pot of Frasier's Folly Stew. (i normally say a bag of Dorito but it just did not have the same ring)

12. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

Just teething issues! I had a lot of fun and also have learned a lot from helping out so it was a great experience. I look forward to hearing the completed work and to the next production also!

13. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

14. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

I second this most heartily!! I just want to speak from the heart - I fell in love with this community, and it's so easy to want to do something. Looked at my "talents" and "skills" and came up empty:eek: Then I heard Lord Baldrith doing an awesome job on the podcasts and figured "well at least I can talk, maybe I can help out there a bit..." So I timidly put my hand up - next thing I know I have a 47-page script in hand, and now I'm doing podcasts and the newscast, interviewing "legends" from the community. Bit of a wild ride!!

I consider myself incredibly blessed and privileged to be doing all this; and the main driving force behind it is Sir Stile. It's he who provides the website and all the technical stuff, AND who found us lots of voice actors when things were looking a bit grim, AND finds us awesome guests to talk to and interview each week. Don't know how he finds the time! So I just want to say a couple of things:

This is an amazing and wonderful team. Really. I am honoured to be a part of it.
    When we say "Sir Stile Teckel Presents" we mean it. I couldn't ask for a better manager.

The project has been a wonderful; experience to work on - yes, a huge learning curve for us all - but I think it's fabulous. I'm getting chills listening to it as it comes together. So anyone who can - please join us in the Bear Tavern at 9 pm Saturday (US CST) and we can "hang out" as we listen to the first episode airing on Avatars radio. It will be available on the Caverns site immediately after airing!

15. Gabriel Nightshadow

FYI, for R10, The Bear Tavern will be located in Owls Head :D Hope to see you all there o_O

Lady Adnor, Sir Stile Teckel and Mata like this.
  16. stile

stile Avatar

Wow, thanks all! Really!! Honestly don't know what to say to some of that, except thank you..

Seriously though, huge team effort.

Just amazing!! I hope Lord Baldrith does not have to stay away for to long though :(

I am going to drop him a note when it goes up though, to make sure he listens in!

Until then, honoring him in to where he has led us in this project... the first piece of fan fiction he did: http://thecaverns.net/Podcasts/letters-from-barataria-written-by-eriador-narration-by-lord-baldrith/

Mata, Lady Adnor, Amberraine and 2 others like this.
  17. Gabriel Nightshadow

A big thank you to everyone who made it to our listening party at The Bear Tavern on Saturday night :D

Be sure to tune in to Episode 2 on Avatars Radio next Saturday evening when we are introduced to former warrior priestess turned bounty hunter, Amber Raine :eek: The quest for the Chaos Spoon begins...

Mata likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.