Obsidian Conspiracy?

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Isaiah, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I'm moving these three stories out of the tales from the vale because I think the Vagabond has more stories to tell. His conspiracy experience it just too complicated to tell with only one story.

OH AND KEEP AN OPEN MIND WHEN YOU READ THESE. I KNOW IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE, BUT IT'S TRUE I TELL YOU!!! o_O

Also, these stories are not necessarily written in order.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  2. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

THE CURSED MIND, by the Vagabond

To anybody who reads this,

I know that I've been cursed. All these seemingly unrelated people are all members of an underground Obsidian Order. I use to think the Obsidians were just a historical group, and nothing of any real significance, as you might have thought. I also never thought of myself as a conspiracy theorist.

This is where it gets weird. It began one day as I spoke with one of the guards in front of Owl's Head. He said I was an outlander, then he changed his mind. He smiled at me, turned his head, and then he looked back with a smile and winked. I looked in the direction that the guard turned his head. I looked closely, and scratch marks on the wall said, "The Order welcomes you". I thought it was just graffiti, but I kept noticing more small words in town on the walls. One said, "We are watching," and another said, "We are many". Every time I noticed these markings I had just been thinking about the Obsidian Order.

I went to the pub, and a new bartender I never met before served me a drink. I talked to him and he said, "Oh, I'm part of a new guild that came to town the other day. We need of some fresh minds to do some magical research." After saying this, he winked at me exactly like the guard at the front gate. He looked over at a table of four people sitting adjacent to me, and they all looked back and smiled. At this point I realized that it is possible that I'm being followed, and that these people were some how inviting me into their group, but trying to keep it very secret.

I was excited at first, but one day I made a huge mistake. I directly asked one of the people I thought might be a member of the Obsidian Order, if in fact they were a member of the Obsidian Order. They laughed and denied it, but looked at me with furrowed brows. After this people started looking at me strangely every place I went. I thought, maybe I made a mistake by being so direct. Perhaps a group like the Obsidian Order would want to keep their existence a secret I thought. Were they able to read my thoughts? I don't know. It seemed like everybody was against me, and that they were pushing evil thoughts into my head. I couldn't bare the anxious thoughts, so I left town and have lived on the streets ever since.

I know that these things seem like they could just easily be made up by my mind, but they aren't! It really happened, and it is unexplainable. I write this so that anybody reading this, will please watch out, they are all around us. My whole life was ruined. They made me look crazy so nobody would believe me. Just don't get involved.

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

SPIES WITHIN, by The Vagabond (Part 1 of 2)

Ever since my encounter with the guard, I've been encountering clues everywhere. Each day I keep thinking I'm closer and closer to joining the Obsidian Order, or whatever this is. They keep testing me and I keep clearly passing the tests. Some of it almost seems like hazing. Although I'm starting to feel a little confused as to who these people are because they are acting so secret, and indirect. The strange thing is my wife seems to know about everything going on. I don't know how, but she always has a smile on her face as if she were keeping something from me.

How could my wife have been a member of a secret organization and I never knew it? This has been fun so far, but now it is starting to get a little bit annoying. Just let me join, or have me meet somebody in a private room already! I'm tired of all this "feeling out stage", why don't they just send a note to me telling me to meet some guy in a hooded mask in some private place, and initiate me already? That's it! I'm just going to pry a little with my wife.

When I returned home, I saw my wife busy as usual working in the garden which she always enjoys doing. This is one of the things I love about her. I greeted her with a kiss. I didn't begin asking questions all at once. But I began with simple indirect questions about me changing careers. I told her that I think I could do much better in a job that uses my mind, rather than working as a blacksmith. She agreed with me and gave me a smile. She said, “Don't worry, I believe you will find something soon that you will enjoy.”

This was the type of conversation we kept having off and on for the next few days. She obviously knows that the Obsidian Order is considering me as a recruit, but why is it taking so long? Why all this hidden stuff? I finally just got frustrated, and figured since she's my wife we can keep a secret. So I asked her plainly, “So when is it going to happen?” Then she replied, “When is what going to happen?” I replied angrily, “When are you guys going to let me know if I'm accepted or not?” She kept acting confused as if she didn't know what I was talking about, but I could always tell when she was holding something back. She is not a good liar. It was very clear she knew darn well what I was talking about. I started getting angry, and flat out said, “I know you are a member of the Obsidian Order, and I know you know they are trying to recruit me. Why the hell is this taking so long, I'm tired of this!”

To be continued....

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

SPIES WITHIN, by The Vagabond (Part 2 of 2)

She furrowed her eyebrows and said, “Are you serious?” when I continued she said, “You are really crazy, I'm taking our daughter and going to your parents house.” I could not believe her reaction. We were married for years, and we had a child together. How could she turn on me so quickly over something as simple as this? How can she choose them over me? She would rather protect the Obsidian's secrecy, than be up front with me. Then I thought, why is she going to my parent's house? Is it because they live closer than her relatives? Wait, what if she was going to go to my relatives and try to turn them against me, and make them think I was crazy too? I immediately saddled up and headed toward my parent's house as fast as possible.

When I got there my father greeted me, still a strong man, stopped me at the door and would not let me pass. I was talking a mile a minute trying to explain everything, but she already got to him. I tried to tell him that she was a member of the Obsidian Order, and she is choosing them over me. I was close with my father, I knew he would understand. He didn't understand though. Instead he acted cold toward me, and said, “Yeah, yeah, and the walls can talk to you, and they are always listening, Right?” At that point my heart almost stopped. How did he know about the messages on the walls, and one of the messages said they are always listening? I told nobody about that!

I told my father, “It is one thing for my wife to turn on me, but you are turning against your own flesh and blood. I'm your only son. You know me, and you would rather side with them? I don't know what they have over you, but this isn't right. This is the most evil thing I've ever heard of. Choosing an organization over me.” He wouldn't listen to a word and kept talking over me. He finally said he would call for the guards to have them throw me in prison for threatening his life. I NEVER THREATENED HIS LIFE!!! Why is he making this stuff up. This is all so evil. I HATE IT! I hope there is a God, or some type of force that will punish this evil. I DID NOTHING WRONG! I only made the mistake of speaking directly about the Obsidian Order. Any organization that would deliberately ruin the life of somebody in order to hide their secrets, is an evil organization! I hate this. They are all so passive aggressive, there's no way to prove anything!!! Anybody who reads this, this is only part of what I experienced. I will write more. Stay away from the Obsidian Order!

5. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

The Cure, by The Vagabond (Part 1 of 2)

I've lived on the streets for months now after I wrote my other letters. Now that I've written about my dealings with the Obsidian order to warn people, the thoughts have been getting worse. I fear there will be no escape from this terror I am feeling inside. It is miserable, and I feel like I'm on the edge of an endless and eternal suffering. Killing myself may lead to worse suffering if the Order some how has a magical hold on my soul.

There seems to be no way out. I've known of alchemists that use herbs to quite the thoughts of madmen. I didn't want to go to them because I know that I am fine except for the fact that the Obsidians are pushing evil thoughts into my head. Not only thoughts, but they manipulate my mind so that I feel unexplainable rage, and dysphoria that felt like an inward fire mixed with unending weakness and the feeling of not wanting to move, and yet not moving makes me feel worse.

That's it! I'm going to an alchemist. I thought that maybe if I went along with the Obsisian's plot to make me look crazy, that they will leave me alone. It couldn't hurt. In fact if I pretend that I believe I was crazy then maybe the Obsidians would stop wasting their time with me. Maybe they will let me live in peace so that I don't talk about them again. I should never have spoken openly about them. The strange thing is my wife found me, because she was worried about me, and she wanted to help me go to one of the alchemists for help. I knew this was a setup by the Obsidian Order, but at this point I was suffering so much I didn't care. I knew she would tell the alchemist that I was crazy and totally twist what happened so that she looked right, and I looked crazy, but I was fine with that at this point.

We traveled to Kingsport and found one of the alchemists in the town. Lots of crazies travel through there due to the fighting on the near by island. When I entered the house of the alchemist he asked me what I was experiencing. I was fearful to be honest. I didn't want to break any more rules of secrecy. Also right before I began speaking I could hear several mounted people riding by the house. I knew how the Order sends indirect messages, and I knew that the sound of the horses was there way of letting me know they had troupes watching me in case I said something wrong. So I told him that I always feel bad, and I have uncontrollable thoughts and miserable feelings.

Then my wife looked at me, and said “That isn't all of it...

To be continued

6. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

The Cure, by the Vagabond Part 2 of 2

My wife continued... “He also accused me of being a member of an Obsidian Order, and he thinks people are after him and sending him magic messages.” I felt completely betrayed, and gave my wife an angry look and I gritted my teeth.

I knew without the context of what actually happened that the alchemist would surely think I was crazy and would prescribe far more potent herbs than I needed. I just wanted the suffering to go away, I didn't want to become a vegetable. Nevertheless, I accepted this situation.

The alchemist didn't seem phased by what she told him. Yet I didn't get the impression that he was a member of the Obsidian Order. I think he was just a normal alchemist going about life. There were more horses outside, and the alchemist said “I'm sorry for all the noise we get lots of horses though here. I'm just asking just in case... Do you think the horses are relevant some how?” I shrugged and admitted “well actually yes. I feel like somebody is trying to send me a message.” Now I know he thinks I'm crazy. At this point I'm beginning to think I might be crazy too. In fact I welcome the thought because maybe this could all go away.

I left that place feeling a bit of relief. Maybe the Obsidian Order is going to have mercy on me. As long as I take this medicine that will numb my mind, they will be able to claim I was just insane and people will deny what really happened to me. It really did happen though... WAIT I don't want to think those thoughts because they can read my mind. I began to force myself to think “I really believe I am crazy,” after each time I think about the obsidian order so the Order knows that I am going to be obedient and keep their secret locked up safe. It seemed like a good deal.

Two weeks later... I felt a whole lot better. The racing thoughts, and the horrible feelings have completely left me. I was still terrified that some how it was only temporary. I did still see scratchings on the walls, but it didn't seem significant to me like it did before. I thought either the Obsidian Order had put misleading graffiti on the wall to help me think I am getting better, or maybe none of this ever happened. I still cannot explain the things that happened during that time. Although I'm fine now and I don't care. The herbs caused me to gain lots of weight, but at least I feel better. I still have crazy moments, but maybe I was just crazy. I don't want to remember if I am not crazy. If anybody reads this, get help if you have any experiences like mine. It seems real. Even if it is real just go get help, and get free.

7. stile

stile Avatar

8. stile

stile Avatar

9. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Interesting. I like how it makes you wonder if this actually happened, or if the Vagabond was just delusional all along.

These stories are trippy, but kind of funny to me too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.