1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Darkstarr's Release 9 Impressions + Release 10 Plan

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

HOW About just calling them what they are?? Water,Air,Earth,Fire, etc.

mikeaw1101, Net, Arianna and 2 others like this.
  2. melchiormeijer

melchiormeijer Avatar

or foci charged beforehand by ingredients :)

3. ilcontegis

ilcontegis Avatar

Really hoping for a change of direction concerning skills
    - Skills raising 1 to 100 (sword, archery, etc.) with abilities that unlock while progressing towards 100
    - Use spellbooks and scrolls (both craftable) instead of the thing we have now.

4. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

5. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

Well you guys are all over the world picking up terms, egyptian, greek, latin, spanish..... Seems like if we're in "New Britannia" that our root words ought to stem from 'Old Brittania' (like pre-roman) oughtn't they?
    So seems to me we should be looking at the gaelic/celtic words for things....
    just a thought

Lord Lonn R-10 WOLF and Gaelis like this.
  6. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

Reminder: this is not Ultima Online
    Also - not sure how your post is relevant in this thread as we're discussing the names of the schools of magic, not skillbuilding or crafting spellbooks. Sry, might try reposting in another location about that.

Lord Lonn R-10 WOLF likes this.
  7. ilcontegis

ilcontegis Avatar

This is not UO, but this is not WoW or Neverwinter or Path of Exile, etc. I don't see why we should have a skill system which is basically the same with all the other mmorpg out there when we have the UO system which is much more realistic and natural.
    I am posting here because the title of this thread is "Darkstarr's Release 9 Impressions + Release 10 Plan" and not "let's talk about names of school magic". I would eliminate the names of the schools of magic, as in my vision there is no need for them. Weaker spells should appear if you have low magery and progressively stronger spells should appear when you raise your skill. Using the circles numbers instead of the actual unnatural and hard to remember names is also much better.
    That's just my opinion and I believe this thread is somehow linked to this topic.

Regards

8. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

Ok fair enough, my bad -you're right the title implies one thing while the entire thread appears to have gone off in a single tangent discussing the names of the magic schools; so i'm afraid that while I was reading through pages and pages (and pages) of this discussion, the actual title of the thread went right out of my little head -- so when i got to your post it was like being hit out of left field! Sry i took you to task for that.

But it sounds to me that, just like you not paying attention to what was actually going on in the thread (and only referring to the name of it) that you are making the same mistake with the 'appearance' of the deck/skills/magic schools of SotA and saying that these 'look' like WOW or these other games you mentioned, therefore they are just like these other games.

Well i disagree, and my recommendation is that you actually get some experience playing the game rather than just assuming things about it from the appearance of the thing.

9. Zoucrew

Zoucrew Avatar

I do not like the idea of having a PVP specific skill. If we are against separation of MMO players from PVE and PVP areas, then we should also be against skill separation.

melchiormeijer and Net like this.
  10. ilcontegis

ilcontegis Avatar

Thank you for your comment.
    I did play the game and that's what I feel....
    Just my opinion.

11. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

How would you categorise borderline rouge skills like stealing, stealth, poisoning etc? If they are to be introduced I would think they would be largely pitched toward a pvp playstyle

12. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

*fast forward 2 years*

Please see the remainder of the discussion here...

13. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Closing thread to complete your redirect.

NRaas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.