Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[POLL] What is your *overall* rating for this Pre-Alpha Release 10? (UNOFFICIAL)

Discussion in 'Release 10 Feedback' started by smack, Sep 25, 2014.

?

What is your *overall* rating for this Pre-Alpha Release 10? (1=bad, 5=great)

Poll closed Oct 11, 2014.
  1. 1

5.6%
  2. 2

9.2%
  3. 3

27.5%
  4. 4

40.1%
  5. 5

17.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

*** Thanks to everyone that's been voting in this long-running series of polls. One voter in this poll will be chosen at random and be sent a $25 Store Credit Gift Coupon! This poll will be closed in 2 weeks ***

Ok everyone, for those of you who've had a chance to playtest this Pre-Alpha Release 10, what is your *overall* rating?

Here were the areas highlighted in the release notes for R10:
    • Stability (Load Time Improvements)
    • PvP (Spectator Mode, New Virtue Symbol, Duels)
    • Combat Skills (Starting Deck Revamp, Auto Deck, Universal Cool Down Abolished, Focus Costs, Combo List, Combat Skill Costs, Combo Highlighting, Power Up Combos, Deck Swapping, Follow Through Tactics)
    • Scenes (Ardoris Castle of the Winds and Castle of the Mountains, Oracle Confirmatory, Vertas Pass, Challenge Dungeon, Plains & Road & Hills Scene Polish, Music, Lunar Rift Change Speed, Explorers Guild Quest, Scene Concentration, Dungeon Scene Connectors)
    • Creatures (Wolves & Rottweilers, Lich Mage & Lich Archer, New Slime Behaviors, AI Aggro System)
    • Overworld as a Real Scene (Animating Avatar & Movement, Enter Scene button)
    • Visual Effects Polish (Combat Effects, Environmental Effects, Death and near Death Screen Effects)
    • Character Customization (Cheek & Jaw Options, Hair, Bigger Beards)
    • User Interface Polish (Context Sensitive Cursors, Shopping Cart, Removed Bag Slots, Tab Targeting Neutrals, Recipe Book Illuminations)
    • Player House Decorations (Lot Border Indicators, Crafting Station Lights, Wireless Device)
    • Sitting Improvements
    • Summoned Pets (Health Decay, Commands)
    • Weapons & Wearables Polish
    • Emotes Polish
    • Chat Profanity Filter
    • Remote Triggers
    • Pre-Alpha Confirmation Dialogue
    • Mac Installer
    Feel free to break out your ratings to those categories above or any others and elaborate in the comments below (or link to a thread you may have started already).

Note: This poll is designed to show trends of overall sentiment with each subsequent Release. It's not designed to rate it as a final game, but merely as a snapshot of the community's opinion at that point in the development cycle. Previous polls here: R1, R2, R3, R4, R5, R6, R7, R8, R9.

Thanks for voting and looking forward to your overall feedback!

2. stile

stile Avatar

I think thins are moving along well. Graphics are more polished, overland map is looking better. Requiring gold for house lots is a good move to start getting a feel for how that will go. I haven't had a chance to check out everything as of yet, but for where the game is at in development I think its going great!

3. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

well.. but no more Bags like UO? just this INVENTORY SYSTEM? :(

it's not possible to do something like that:

[​IMG]

4. smack

smack Avatar

The inventory is set to List mode by default. You have to go into your Options, choose Game, and make sure the box for "Use List Inventory Mode" is not checked. Then you will enjoy the fun of organizing your inventory in Bag mode :)

Seon, RDouglas, Jatvardur and 4 others like this.
  5. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

very tahnk you!!

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  6. Smokinjoe14

Smokinjoe14 Avatar

Where can I get house deeds? I've secured a village lot, but only have stolen candles on the grass :|

7. Beli

Beli Avatar

The bartender in Firelotus"s Tavern

Sir Cabirus, smack and Smokinjoe14 like this.
  8. smack

smack Avatar

Just a quick update -- so far the initial results in the 3's are better than the initial results from R9, which started in the 2's. I wonder how this polish release will ultimately rate with the community....

But it's early...there's still very few votes currently as people are still out there playing and testing.

9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'll be most interested to see how many people showed up to play during this release. I'm hoping we see a significant jump in hours played.

smack likes this.
  10. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, I'm hoping with the new content in this release along with excitement around getting Greenlit will entice more people to play, and to stay in-game longer. There does still seem to be some stability issues though, even with squashing the post-release ones fairly quickly.

11. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I gave it a 5 but thought it was 4.5 so I rounded up:)

It is a huge leap for me since the last time I played...also the first poll I voted on since forever.

I would really like to hear from the 2 people who voted one on the poll to understand their reasoning.

12. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Overall a 4 again. A solid refinement of the combat system.

Still not a lover of the three second cooldown applied to the random draw system, but I understand its purpose. And now with the introduction of matching glyph combos I have something to do while I'm waiting.

The overworld scene with the little mini-me is excruciatingly cute, a step in the right direction. It was quite funny when I died on the scene after plummeting from a mountain-side.

Love the death effect filter.

Not exactly sure about the "diving board" design for the Ardoris castles, but the inhabitants were fun to chat with.

Excellent work with listing/highlighting the combos in the interface. Considerably more obvious now, much appreciated.

And thanks be to the "Follow Through" skill, my Ranger can at last wear some semblance of light armor. Would love to have more levels available for it, with ever escalating point costs of course.

Now... Give me something worthwhile to do with all the crafting ingredients, and I'm sitting pretty. :D

Kvow, Jatvardur, smack and 1 other person like this.
  13. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

I'm thoroughly enjoying R10. I gave it a 4. Would've been a 5 if it wasn't for the trouble getting online at the start and the constant disconnects happening to me throughout.

Lord Lonn, Kvow, Jatvardur and 2 others like this.
  14. prospereau

prospereau Avatar

I've given it a solid 4 as well. I'm really starting to get to grips with the deck system and I do think it brings an extra dimension to the game. I love the idea of playing different decks in different situations. Big fan of the death animation effect as well. Is this the first time we've seen purchasable house deeds? I couldn't play release 9 so I didn't see if deeds were available in that release but I like how they work...nice and simple...you buy a deed and it gets added to your house build options.

All in all I love you Portalarium and want to have your babies. I know that this is anatomically unlikely but....well....to sleep perchance to dream. :D

(P.S. Would have given it a 5 as well but although I can play on my PC it's still very unstable on my Mac...the Mac version needs some work)

(P.P.S. Oh and one other thing....Avast virus suite decided that you were doing evil things and quarantined the SotA application. Once I'd successfully reprogrammed Avast with a hammer and some choice language it now works again but Avast is sulking and now randomly prints rude words in my ***BUM HOLE*** sentences.)

DF.

Kvow and smack like this.
  15. smack

smack Avatar

Yep, this is the first release for purchasable lot/house deeds. Due to supply and demand of lots, which was exacerbated by removing some towns from this release, they had to restrict ownership to only those players willing to put in the time and effort to buy one.

prospereau likes this.
  16. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I think there should be a rule to vote in here if you vote 1 or 5 you have to give some background as to why you did it. That would get rid of fly by postings.

prospereau likes this.
  17. prospereau

prospereau Avatar

WOOOOOSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH--------I AGGGRREEEEEE--------WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHH.

[​IMG]
    DF.

Kvow, Papa Woody and Duke NRaas like this.
  18. smack

smack Avatar

There used to be much more of that, but I think everyone has like feedback burnout likely from their own posts elsewhere. If people (or more likely, the devs) want to really dig in and find out why, they can see who voted what and do a search for their recent posts in the R10 Feedback Forum.

But yeah, I also agree and encourage voters to leave just a brief sentence or two clarifying their position, or linking to one of their threads elsewhere.

Vyrin, Ahuaeynjgkxs and prospereau like this.
  19. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

• Stability (Load Time Improvements, load time and stability is much worse on my i7 64-bit radeon/win7)
    • PvP (Spectator Mode, New Virtue Symbol, Duels, I don't like entering a town and all I see if people dueling anywhere, this feels so commercial and wrong)
    • Combat Skills (Starting Deck Revamp, Auto Deck, Universal Cool Down Abolished, Focus Costs, Combo List, Combat Skill Costs, Combo Highlighting, Power Up Combos, Deck Swapping, Follow Through Tactics some of it is ok at best, for me most of it is roleplaying/immersion breaking to the point I might just have a fixed deck and not really use combat in game until it becomes more than chance and combos)
    • Scenes (Ardoris Castle of the Winds and Castle of the Mountains, Oracle Confirmatory, Vertas Pass, Challenge Dungeon, Plains & Road & Hills Scene Polish, Music, Lunar Rift Change Speed, Explorers Guild Quest, Scene Concentration, Dungeon Scene Connectors that my friends is amazing, I LOVE the world and artists)
    • Creatures (Wolves & Rottweilers, Lich Mage & Lich Archer, New Slime Behaviors, AI Aggro System Kinda cool but too robotic like still, put visual and AI differences between monsters of the same type please, the generic "lich mage" that always does the same thing with the same color clothe and loot is not doing it for me, it dosen't feel like ultima I almost prefered to imagine the whole scene than seeing this)
    • Overworld as a Real Scene (Animating Avatar & Movement, Enter Scene button that part is cool, the game should detect when you obviously head towards a city however so you don't get stucked in the bridge because you pressed the wrong button for example)
    • Visual Effects Polish (Combat Effects, Environmental Effects, Death and near Death Screen Effects not impressed at all, I like the art and buildings and layout and feel of places and scenes, but NOT the effects at all exept some fire and light effects maybe. I especially dislike combat effects it looks worse because people are moving around so much... when you cast you stand still, when you get hit too... it really looks like dolls are throwing fairy dust at each other sorry for the crude comparison cause I think the avatars look nice but this combat visual as a concept is an eyesore fireballs flying everywhere, everyone uses magic... its bad.
    • Character Customization (Cheek & Jaw Options, Hair, Bigger Beards amazing stuff keep it coming !!!)
    • User Interface Polish (Context Sensitive Cursors, Shopping Cart, Removed Bag Slots, Tab Targeting Neutrals, Recipe Book Illuminations needs a whole lot more polish for it to feel fun, its functionality is good but to me the chat is still slow response, so I look like I can't type. I also often am unable to click on myself, doors and objects... I end up having to click like 5 times to do stuff and always second guessing myself, that is not helped by making the graphics simpler at all, it really lags within the UI)
    • Player House Decorations (Lot Border Indicators, Crafting Station Lights, Wireless Device good stuff)
    • Sitting Improvements very nice
    • Summoned Pets (Health Decay, Commands nice but I think its way too easy to do magic, seeing summons and elementals everywhere is really immersion breaking, especially demons, I mean common)
    • Weapons & Wearables Polish very good, improvements are showing
    • Emotes Polish can't use emotes anymore, instant crash.
    • Chat Profanity Filter I'm 'friends' with insanity wolf on the forum, I'll survive.
    • Remote Triggers good
    • Pre-Alpha Confirmation Dialogue is this really necessary ?
    • Mac Installer bending the time-space continuum :D

Kvow, Lord Soliwilos, Debcool and 2 others like this.
  20. Undelivered

Undelivered Avatar

I enjoyed it a lot!

Kvow and smack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.