Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New tester impression

Discussion in 'Release 10 Feedback' started by Zoucrew, Sep 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoucrew

Zoucrew Avatar

I played for about 4 hours today, and I was not impressed with the initial town Baemon or Braemon or whatever it was. It felt empty and the environment looked like worse then the first Everquest.

Realizing I need to head to a more developed town, I went straight to Owl's Head...and wow what a difference! The town didn't quite feel full of life, but I could tell it would be up and coming. Plenty of space for houses, merchants, and other needs. I saw many people running around, but to be honest it was hard to tell an NPC from a Player because they both sometimes stand motionless, not doing anything.

Interacting with NPC's was a breeze. I met a few people and asked for work, leading me to an NPC in the guard tower. I wasn't told to, but was given the option of returning dead enemy items for small $$. It worked pretty flawlessly.

Combat in the caves was easy and not a whole lot unlike other MMO's. I have a button bar with special moves that each have their own cooldown timer. It felt no different then any other MMO I've played in the last 10 years. Combat was extremely easy, more then likely because this is not the final version and I noticed there is a lot missing on skill tree, attributes, etc.

I ended up upgrading my armor and purchasing a lot deed. In no time, I'm sure I'll have a house to stake my own claim in Britannia....or whatever this place is called!

I foresee housing issues and not being enough of it. The housing options are great, but I feel it is going to be so accessible that many plots will go claimed immediately on final release.

The ease of player interaction was also nice. I LOVE the chat bubbles.

The best so far was the PVP in a dungeon. 5v5, we had to use strategy to win the battles. If you had a cohesive group on teamspeak, this could get really really intense. The action felt fluid and dynamic, but not overly complicated.

One thing I really didn't like was how small each zone is, it really makes the game feel terribly small. You will explore a little, then all of a sudden your eyes are dark and boom you just exited the zone. You have no clue where the zone boundaries are!

prospereau, Lum and Kaisa like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It's really good to receive first impressions feedback, imo.

Personally, I like that NPC's closely resemble PC's when not moving. Makes you pay more attention to NPC's. :)

It's actually better this release than in previous one's. Many of the zones have doors and archways now.

Good feedback!

3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Combat is set to static bars you have to set up your deck to be more random for more options.

also, I doubt lots and house will be that cheap in the final version.

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

If you have a lot from the pledge tiers or bought out from the store, you'll get a plot somewhere. It may not be thelotyou desire, but everyone that has a plot form either of these two sources will have one when they open up housing on a persistent basis. More information about the house choosing process is available in the forums.

5. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The current lot and house pricing is just for weekend testing purposes. It will be much more expensive to get lots and houses with in-game currency in the future.

6. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

Also they disabled a lot of the player towns to funnel people into the same areas this release.

7. Zoucrew

Zoucrew Avatar

Just want to reiterate that the housing system in this game is second to none. UO had a great system, this game expands upon that and makes it that much more personable. It was so easy to create scenes, it honestly puts other games to shame and it's only in alpha stage!

8. prospereau

prospereau Avatar

It should be more expensive on release! If only I could go out and kill a few skeletons one afternoon to pay my mortgage off!:D

DF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.