Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[POLL] What is your *overall* rating for this Pre-Alpha Release 10? (UNOFFICIAL)

Discussion in 'Release 10 Feedback' started by smack, Sep 25, 2014.

?

What is your *overall* rating for this Pre-Alpha Release 10? (1=bad, 5=great)

Poll closed Oct 11, 2014.
  1. 1

5.6%
  2. 2

9.2%
  3. 3

27.5%
  4. 4

40.1%
  5. 5

17.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiwald

Fiwald Avatar

Overall, R10 is looking really good when compared to the earlier releases.

Kvow and smack like this.
  2. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

When by R10 you still have to press both mouse buttons to move forward, instead of one, I'd say there is something wrong. I say this in all seriousness, not as a joke. I think they should fix it. Also, simply moving the mouse should turn the Avatars head. How has this been anything but standard since 199something

I know its pre-Alpha, but I assumed 'controls/the way we interact with the game' were important to making a good impression.

3. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

For me R10 is a big step into the right direction. I like it a lot :) The Vertas Pass' winter scenery, the Challenge Dungeon with its hm, ... challenges, the visual effects polish of some skills, the overland map with the walking Avatar - the Avatar is even able to jump now on the map , the progress with the character customization and so forth. I gave it 5 points :)

Kvow, Arianna, Mata and 1 other person like this.
  4. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

Its called a programmable mouse bro

5. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

A lot of improvement overall. My biggest problem is that i keep getting knocked off every few minutes. I'd be able to give a lot more feedback if i could stay connected. Something to fix for next time!

6. smack

smack Avatar

Is the game crashing or you get disconnected abruptly (return to Login screen)?

7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Yes, I can see that making it worth 1 overall.

8. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

I don't get to spend as much time on releases as many, but I've been trying to check in for at least a few minutes on each release. Most things are showing steady improvement. I've not spent a lot of time with the card system since PvP/combat is really not my focus and I figure the deck system will be analyzed by those far more competent than I. I do fear that it is going to end with only a handful of stock builds that everyone uses.

The one area I think is struggling is the chat system. The dialogue itself is improving, but I'm not taking to the framework itself as much as I thought i would. I find myself falling back to just using keywords which I think takes a good deal out of the open-text approach. I also find the chatting lags a lot, though my guess is that will improve with the rest of the performance.

It's fun watching the game evolve and expand.

9. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

I gave it a 4. It would have been a 3, but the dedicated effort of the dev team to work through a lot of the reported bugs bumped it up.
    I concur with the chat system issues. Its not the dialogue (great work Lum, some amusing responses from NPCs), to me it is the cumbersome effort to switch between modes. Especially while talking to a merchant and someone on your friends list starts talking and another person nearby starts talking to you. Meh, might me just me and not being able to switch fast enough.
    Another minor issue for me...harvesting. If I am out of combat mode selecting item (animal, plant, ore pile etc.) and then having to click the hot bar tool to harvest makes sense, but seems unnecessary to me.
    Crafted durability of zero on armor! Ouch!
    I'm not a combat type, so my run through of Vertas Pass was rather rushed. I don't remember seeing footprints in the snow after I passed by. Could have been my settings. Anyone see their footprints?
    My time in game has been a few hours, hopefully a few more later today.

Kvow, Kaisa and smack like this.
  10. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

Hey Smack I gave it a three, It was a much more steady release with less problems with crashes, And also I see an improvement in FPS overall, I liked the new area Vertas Pass which had a good feel to it (New designers?), Challenge dungeon was tough! and I am not one to sit and ponder my loadout, PvP seemed dead, Every time I went into the challenge area I was the only one in there, I would like to see more time spent on FPS as this can ruin anyone's play through, And also ambient sounds are still seriously lacking in most areas, The user created music is great but perhaps we need a community driven ambient sound request, I would like to see in next release more emphasis on Questing as this is the main part of a MMO and this has a whole new feel to it, I need convincing that this text system is gonna work, I liked it's basis of earlier releases but have found little to garner an interest since release 8, Perhaps the next win a hat should be set round a couple of quests so we can really get some feedback on this text system!, In all the PvP'ers seem to have gone away and the devs for me need to work on the other game mechanics Involving the story and questing, I did a couple of vids in the link below!

11. Tizon

Tizon Avatar

Today the game seems to be running a lot smoother than yesterday. I would give it a 4 instead of a 3 like i did.

12. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

This is the first time I voted 4 (others were 5). I play SPO mode.

Only because I had major connection loss on the first Dev+ day, and many more crashes w/ x64 client (even x86 client crashed a few time, which it never did in the past). By Fri patch x86 client was pretty stable, but x64 still crashes. One time it crashed while running and corrupted the chr so I had to delete him. Which BTY messed up the house deed because it was bound to the chr not the account, the lot was fine, just the new chr didn't have any house to select and had to buy their own deed again.

-then when I selected the house w/ new chr (which was the same type), it said my old house would be put into storage, so I elected not to do that. I could access everything fine.
    -the new visuals in plains, hills, road, forests look pretty good
    -thanks for setting up a locked combat bar by default, its enough for a quick start
    -the snow is a nice touch, and the leaves falling are too
    -the Rotti needs animations like laying down, sitting, jumping up on chr chest and licking face, heeling in town of course, being very friendly. I could use a pair to hunt with as attack dogs, please
    -the black cat needs animations too
    -the challenge dungeon was cool, although I could only go 4 levels, the smoke effect was good
    -the effects while dead are pretty good too, but I want the agro to wait a little longer at least until I can move.
    -there are still things bugged in house decorating, I bought 2 tall candlaubras and could only place 1 of them, plus I would like a few more light source counts, if crafting tables are counting as a light source, then we need more.
    -it would be nice to be able to click the house sign and get item counts from it.
    -the special reward hat is great and I hope it is tied to the account, I lost mine when I did a new chr.
    -the aether vibration amp is a totally cool item, but my new chr can't use it.
    -I bought 2 benches & chairs and made a sturdy table, I am able to place light source on the benches, but not the table I made.

All and all it was a good release, can't wait for the next...

13. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Good Job for R10 !

I still waiting for more PvP and Sandbox Feeling.

Friends and Guild Members ll wait for full/partial loot and more PvP for test SotA again.

Cyas Later Community !

14. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Good release his time around. I had to figure new stuff out which was good. My win pc crashed a few times in 64 bit, 32 worked better. My mac install with the launcher worked good.

15. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

I gave it a 2 for a LOT of reasons... I did the quest to get the Cavalier hat and enjoyed the new areas, however this release had a lot of bugs that impacted what I was doing in game.
    • Creating armor was useless because they all came out with a Durability rating of 0.
    • Crafting weapons was just like armor. Everything made came up with a durability rating of 0.
    • Bags/Chests/Backpacks did not work and the only work around I found was to place them in a house and then put them back into inventory.
    • Not a fan of deck combat because I spend more time removing tiles that come up and die because I spend more time working the darn tiles than monitoring my health.
    • Game RARELY crashed when I used 64bit client and now I had to scale back to the standard client to play the game.
    • Placing items in a house were a pain (I was in Holtrot) and only fix was to restart the client to place items every time I zoned after buying items. This worked fine in the previous two releases I have been involved in.
    • The bug from release 8 with harvesting items disappearing from your non combat toolbar is still going on. I actually gave up on harvesting because of I got tired of having to reset the tools each time I went to a different hex/zone.
    • I am not a fan of the bag area on the character screen disappearing from the game. Was a nice spot to place bags I normally used and would open them when I wanted to look at inventory.
    • Black death? Unfortunately this made no sense to me and never spent the time to try to find out what it was for.
    • Crashed more in Siri's castle than anywhere else. HUGE place and I had to restart 4-5 times just to get through the house and then get out of there.
    Good things...

Nice to see some quests starting to make it into the game.
    Graphics are still AWESOME and the improvements were great.
    Nice to see a plot/home purchasing structure to start to make it into the game.
    LOVED the music box and the Avatar Radio. :) Only way to turn it off initially was to zone or log off.
    New zones were cool to explore and when I was not working on decorating the house I bought, that was what I was doing. :) Spent time to see what the vendors sell, what new areas and the benefits that were associated with them.

Sorry for my low rating but there were just too many issues with items I enjoy doing, crafting exploring, decorating the house, fighting, etc.

Respectfully,

Malimn

Lord Lonn, Kvow and smack like this.
  16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Less people today but things seemed much more stable with emotes repaired and some UI responsiveness improved.

+1 !!! :)

smack likes this.
  17. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I did like the Adoris Improvement. +1
    Much more stable! At least at 32 , 64 did not work so good. :)

I did like the castles design from the outside , but i agree with some - our pledge level Baron Houses are somewhat more impressive then the most important buildings in Adoris.

The Castle should be one of thee most impressive sights within the game - showing the power of Ardoris.

The Duke Castle owners would laugh about Adoris NPC Castles.
    And it should be the opposite way around.

And i would asume that the castle has the most skilled garden designers from New Britannia.
    It should blow you away entering a castle inner area, also from the landscape.

I would highly recommend from Manufactura K4 , as you already have alot from him his
    Asia Package to give the gardens and the surroundings in Adoris the Extra Kick!

[​IMG]

I would remove on one side the stairs totaly and create a curved intresting garden area moving upstairs.

The current gardening of this rich and powerful house is boring.

[​IMG]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to test the decoration system, look for bugs and so. But i do nat have the time to craft, collect, hunt money to finally test the decoration system.
    Please provide a vendor providing all the housing items so i can move, stack, turn and give feedback. At least in Adoris.
    Can't be that only playertowns are left as teams to achieve all options to test.
    I feel like i need to speak up for the Solo Players who are the ones who will make Adoris a living test city.
    As the Player Towns ( Pax Lair and more) are able to set all up with team effort i feel like the Developers are getting the wrong impression that we all can set up and test so fast.

Think please more of the hours one single person needs to finaly get to what he wants.
    Adoris had again no decorated House in R10. Impossible for us Solo Players as we would need far to much time to get finaly decoration items for the houses crafted.
    Would have loved to give Adoris another House to stop and look into.

I think we all can hunt 3000 gold or more fast, but then place a Vendor in Adoris we just shop all Decoration Items - else this City will stay empty during pre alpha short day releases and if the next 2 or 3 releases Adoris stays a Ghost Town this may "stay in our minds" as an boring unliving city.
    The market place of NPC is the spot of hope i had in Ardoris - the NPC gave a glimps how nice it could be.

Looking forward to Adoris also having city sound effects. Not only Music.
    Kingsport has better city feeling background, with chicken sounds and dog barking for example.
    Adoris needs places to sit outside.

And last but not least i will recommend it a last time. :):
    The amount of naked flat walls is to much.
    Hope after PvP you find a solution that Row Houses if not placed between 2 houses look different if they show left, right and backside.
    It really will also be a problem for the Playertown creators and City Designers to always think -
    how do i reduce the amount of boring naked walls in my City.

You had some naked walls that had a shelter attached to it. That was a great example of how easy it is to reduce those naked walls.
    Maybe place barrels in front of it.
    Or have a tree branch grow along the wall.
    Maybe have a wall full of proclomations or announcement letters.

18. Root2

Root2 Avatar

R10 is the first release where I was actually interested enough to spend some considerable time playing testing. In previous releases I would log in just long enough to check out any new content. With R10 I believe we now have enough content in place to feel like we are playing something instead of just looking at new systems. I gave it a solid 4. R10 has shown some true potential.

And please please PLEASE let their be a snowy scene/area for player housing! The new snowy pass was just awesome!

Kvow, Kaisa, smack and 1 other person like this.
  19. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Crashed way too often (even more frequently than R9) :( I didn't find it to be relatively stable until Saturday o_O I liked the new scenes and the change to the overland map :D

Lord Lonn, Kvow, smack and 2 others like this.
  20. monxter

monxter Avatar

I was impressed with visual improvements & the new areas. Had a few crashes, not too bad though.
    This time I got straight into combat thanks to the starter builds and tried some of my own combinations too. I liked to have a couple locked slots with several random ones for combos.
    I liked it, having too many random slots me can be distracting as I'd stare at the skill bar. I locked in buffs and heals, etc.

+1 for longer beards. We need more huge beards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.