Refund?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Menelaus, Sep 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

This is not a game, we,are in pre alpha. AKA under construction. Sorry we get some odd posts here from time to time. This game is not playable yet. You can run around and enjoy what has been built so far.

2. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

you think we don't get these??

[​IMG]

3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Just a side note, but it is very rare to get money back for any game you buy....especially after you open it(which isn't possible with an online purchased game so assume that it is opened as soon as bought).

4. adaamhimself

adaamhimself Avatar

It is. However, good customer services practices generally result in refunds rather than complaints and badmouthing via word of mouth.

Net and Joviex like this.
  5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Maybe, but once you refund one then others who get a bee in their bonnet after playing for over a year wants his money back....do you give it? and so on...it sets a bad precedent..

6. adaamhimself

adaamhimself Avatar

I don't think there's a right answer here. Were I Portalarium I'd give refunds to people who'd pledged within a certain time frame, but quietly and without changing the no refund policy.

Net likes this.
  7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

People wouldn't be quiet about it though.

8. adaamhimself

adaamhimself Avatar

What, people are going to run to the forum to brag to others they got a refund on a game they tried and didn't like?

Net and Dane like this.
  9. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Are you new here? People brag about selling their accounts a lot.

Net and Dane like this.
  10. adaamhimself

adaamhimself Avatar

I've sold an account here, so no I'm not new. Selling an account to another player is completely different than getting a refund. How did you figure this was an accurate comparison? I'm honestly shaking my head at this comment.

11. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I'm saying people are vindictive and will come on to spite people after they leave...its the internet. I'm kind of wondering why you have never seen stuff like that before? you honestly think they give back money to someone he won't come on and brag that he got it? (not all, but i bet there would be a few and that's not all it needs?)

edit: you no longer have an account?

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  12. smack

smack Avatar

Oh, I get it now. The reason why the OP quit after 4-6 minutes wasn't because of what he saw in the game. He was actually looking at the forums. :rolleyes:

Net, Ahuaeynjgkxs, Logain and 2 others like this.
  13. adaamhimself

adaamhimself Avatar

I'm saying people are vindictive and denying refunds to people is going to result in a hell of a lot more bad press than the remote possibility some guy creates a new account just to brag about how he got his money back.

I do have an account. I had two.

14. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I think people tend to look at these things the wrong way. This is a PLEDGE.. not a purchase. We have given money to Portalarium to develop their product.. most of us with the understanding that it is a pledge for that purpose and we will not be getting our money back. It just happens that as because of our pledge, Portalarium is giving us the completed product along with some other perks as a thank you. All dependent on the product being finished.

At no point did Portalarium ever say refunds were an option. In fact I remember quite the opposite when I pledged.

The point is, people shouldn't treat a pledge as a purchase.

If someone decides they don't like it and they don't want to play. That's up to them.. but pledger beware. I'm sorry I don't mean to sound cold but if you don't inform yourself before throwing your money into something, then you've no one to blame but yourself. That goes for everyone.

Montaigne and Sir Cabirus like this.
  15. slothy

slothy Avatar

I am fairly new here, but.. doesn't it state at purchase that the pledge is non-refundable? It wasn't exactly "fine print" when I pledged, it clearly stated that it was non-refundable to me.

Montaigne likes this.
  16. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

There seems to be quite a bit if arguing going on on this thread, and truly, this conversation has run its course. There is not much left to be said; refunds are not granted by Portalarium but you are welcome to try to sell your pledge in the Marketplace (but do so at your own risk as third party transactions are not guaranteed by Portalarium).

Thread is locked pending review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.