Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R10 Impressions

Discussion in 'Release 10 Feedback' started by Dirk Hammerstrike, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Machine Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2011: 2Ghz i7, 8 GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6490M 256MB

Client is using "fastest" and all the graphics options disabled.

Rendering:
    In previous releases I was not able to enjoy Owl's Head or Kingsport. I'd spend the majority of the transition through town "looking" down. This brought the frame rate up high enough to be able to move. In R10 I only experienced this issue in Kingsport to a minor degree, and Ardoris to an extreme. Most of Ardoris I had to look straight down and move via the mini-map. Looking up cost me a minute, to see slow seconds per frame and then get the view back down. Given the improvements to Owl's Head, I have high hopes things in Ardoris will improve. Dungeons, inside houses, and most outdoor areas were fine. Veritas pass had some slowing but still playable.

Combat:
    Benny Hill scenes:
    As a solo player, I am not a fan of mobs running away when their health is low. Trying to chase them down and 9 times out of 10 I'd aggro another mob. Finally I realized that they would come back (still in combat so no healing) to their patrol and if I were lucky I could take them out by just waiting. Otherwise it would be Benny Hill all over again. So please, enough of the running crap. Fight to the death!

Respawn times:
    Could you consider changing the respawn time depending on proximity of people? Again as a solo by the time I kill one or two, and move through the first guy has respawned. Given their proximity, ranged would often aggro me again and then I'd be the one running.

Combat balance:
    I'm not sure if I was playing it wrong, but I could only consistently win against melee using magic and kiting... and win against ranged/magic using melee.

Swords deck locked:
    It was annoying to have locked decks and have that timer before using buffs. Unless you stay in combat, the fight is over before that thing unlocks.

Zombies!:
    I had a few mobs on the verge of death, and then become unclickable, unable to be attacked, etc..

Overhead map:
    I like seeing my avatar walking the map. I really wish I could change the camera orientation *hint hint*.

Night:
    So I was in the deep forest after dark. No moon, etc.. Pitch black except my torch. I got lost, wandering around. I was pissed at the time, and frustrated I couldn't see further, etc.. but it was actually pretty dang cool. It "felt" pretty real. Just as it started to get light I found the exit. Fun stuff.

Crafting:
    Buy a bow string for 20g... Sell finished long bow back for 15g.... LOLWHAT? Otherwise... cool. Looking forward to alchemy and cooking, failures and experience!

Kvow, Arianna, Net and 4 others like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Good feedback, I agree with all of it too.

I made this point in another post, but it's on topic with your assessment so I'm going to say it again. I don't mind if humans and thinking beings run away like that, but undead? Come on. Undead don't run away, they fight to the death because that's what they were told to do (by someone).

Kvow, Arianna and Net like this.
  3. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

I wouldn't mind this so much if 90% of the time the mob trying to get away was slowed to some extent. It seems unlikely that someone/something who is near death would have the ability to flee at full speed.. We need some chance for encumbrance here :)

Kvow, Arianna, Gaelis and 1 other person like this.
  4. Scolari79

Scolari79 Avatar

Yes, and the option to select which hex entrance to use when entering a hex. I've asked this on the main page for tomorrow's video chat.

Lyran, Arianna, Sunswords and 2 others like this.
  5. Net

Net Avatar

Yeah, it was hard to make profit by re-selling items even with bit of crafting... the prices when buying/selling the same item were too different.

PS: It would be cool if we got some trade going on in future releases, so we could buy some things cheaper in one city and sell them with profit in another one.... that way we could keep the other city stocked. I hope they will improve economy a lot before release.

6. StaticGrazer

StaticGrazer Avatar

With the Benny Hill gag, as a measure to counter-act this, I took up the ranged life leech spell inside of the death skill tree.
    Not only good for finishing off fleeing enemies, but gives you health too!

Lyran and Net like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.