Where can a house be placed?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Satan Himself, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokinjoe14

Smokinjoe14 Avatar

I think this is the best thing I've heard from the Captain, Housing Islands!
    Would love to have a home on an island, nice stretch of beach, tiki hut taverns, maybe a baby volcano, some caves and reefs to swim around in, tropic birds flying overhead, the sound of waves beating on the coast... oh I'm already there!

2. Sunswords

Sunswords Avatar

I know it's a little off topic here, but I for one appreciate that fixed lots are being used - I'm reading the Archeage forums and I hear of players exploiting the land by blocking up multiple lots with one house. It gives me the shudders when I think about open placement in the full world.

Edit: I just saw the other thread about Archeage / Trion :p

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Starr has mentioned in a dev talk that there are lots to be claimed on the islands of the coast.
    Don't know if that made it into the game though, or if it was on the list of future things to come.

There definately are some player-owned settlements with Island themes.

Arianna likes this.
  4. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Join a guild and ask nicely. There are many guilds on here pooling resources together to buy land. If your guild offers a key to the lot you donated for then no one will ever be able to kick you out cuz you smell and your car is ugly.

If you plan on waiting for DEV /AKA public land, good luck with that ... You may find a spot you may not its a gamble. Easier to get with a guild buying land so you can own your piece of the pie.

5. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

This is not true. There will be an abundance of land available at the launch, per DarkStarr: Lot Deeds: Never Oversold. I don't see that assurance as a gamble.

While the suggestion to join a guild is definitely a great idea, it is not necessary to get a plot of land. We have only seen a very small portion of the world so far. There will be many more towns with a significant number of plots available post launch, above and beyond what has been sold through pledging and the add-on store.

Arianna, Gaelis and Duke NRaas like this.
  6. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Not to mention a whole bunch of player towns.

7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

That is not how keys will work though. The account that purchase the town can always kick you out - with or without a key. (See the dev hangout about player owned towns).
    So if it in this case would be a Guild account, then the guild could potentially kick you out. Then you'd be out money as well.
    Given the history of guilds I'd say that it is not a zero risk proposal, so this is not advice I'd hand out without caveats and warnings.
    Much more reliable trusting Portalarium when they say that there will be significantly more lots than deeds at launch.

You shouldn't spend real money on a guild unless you like the guild for its own sake and want to support it.

Miracle Dragon, Arianna and Gaelis like this.
  8. adaamhimself

adaamhimself Avatar

Shroud of the landlord?

Shroud of the slum lord?

9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Go check out the POT forum, there really was a Slum lord, and he did take off with people's money.
    The whole thing blew up and had to be moderated.

adaamhimself likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.